snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Sports Archive » Any Tank McNamara Fans Here?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Any Tank McNamara Fans Here?
Silas Sparkhammer
I Saw V-Chips Come Sailing In

Icon 504 posted      Profile for Silas Sparkhammer   Author's Homepage   E-mail Silas Sparkhammer   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Tank McNamara is one of my daily rituals; I love the comic strip. It ain't a "funny" strip; it's a docucomedy. And I find it hugely educational!

This aspect of the strip is why I'm posting this here, and not in Entertainment: while Tank and his friends are fictional, the strip is a "news" strip, presenting the truth, or at least a satirical approximation.

Anyone else love this strip? Anyone here hate it?

Silas

Posts: 16801 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mgbdriver
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mgbdriver     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Our local paper stopped carrying it a couple of years ago. Who was this year's "Sports Jerk of the Year?"

--------------------
"Chuck E. Cheese called. They want their band back."

my blog
Help me clean my basement!

Posts: 2717 | From: Michigan | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I used to be very fond of Hinds' and Millar's Second Chances. That seems to be gone, but the characters still turn up now and again in Tank.

--------------------
"No hard feelin's and HOPpy New Year!"--Walt Kelly
Hear what you're missing: ARTC podcasts! http://artcpodcast.org/

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Debunker
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Debunker   E-mail Debunker   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You're right, Second Chances is no longer, but the Chances do turn up in Tank.

Bill Hinds also does a strip called Cleats, about kids' sports.

--------------------
"A minibar is a machine that makes everything expensive." - Mitch Hedberg RIP

Posts: 230 | From: Orange County, CA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
CD
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Taxi mgbdriver:
Our local paper stopped carrying it a couple of years ago. Who was this year's "Sports Jerk of the Year?"

It hasn't been decided yet. They're doing a thing where they are trying to decide if Ron Artest is eligible to recieve the award or not.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages