snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Sports Archive » The World Series and Back to the Future

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The World Series and Back to the Future
fictional lie
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fictional lie   Author's Homepage   E-mail fictional lie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Here is a UL that I have been hearing lately. Apparently in Back to the Future II, Michael J. Fox picks up a newspaper and it states that the Boston Red Sox had won the world series, dated October 31st, 2004.

I looked on my DVD, and I couldn't see anything in any of the scenes where they show shots of a newspaper. Not to mention that the B2tF series is set in 1985, 2015, and 1885 respectively. So why would a newspaper in 2015 talk about the Red Sox winning the series 11 years earlier, and why would they put that in the movie?

I am thinking that this is just wishful thinking amongst the fans of the Red Sox, and they thought the irony would be cute.

Anyone have any other info on this?

--------------------
I am nothing but I'm more than you will ever be

Posts: 61 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 18 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Don't ever speak bad of the Back to the Future movies. Never.
Ever. Again.

You have been warned.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Elbe
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elbe   Author's Homepage   E-mail Elbe   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
August 11, 2002?

Did you just happen to remember a random comment you recieved two years ago?

--------------------
Nobody loves Elbe...
-The Adventure of the Avatar Tutorials (3/29)

Posts: 2776 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 301 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Did you just happen to remember a random comment you recieved two years ago?
Yes. I've been terrified of the consequences of mentioning that movie ever since.

- snopes

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
fictional lie
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fictional lie   Author's Homepage   E-mail fictional lie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
well...nevermind. I got the answer I was looking for at bttf.com. the answer is no, that reference was never made at all in ANY of the 'Back' movies. The only baseball game that was, included the Cubs beating Miami. But since there IS not team in Miami, it was just a random shot, i guess.
Sorry Sox fans. Although I AM praying for a win this year.

--------------------
I am nothing but I'm more than you will ever be

Posts: 61 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rsmall
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 102 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fictional lie:
well...nevermind. I got the answer I was looking for at bttf.com. the answer is no, that reference was never made at all in ANY of the 'Back' movies. The only baseball game that was, included the Cubs beating Miami. But since there IS not team in Miami, it was just a random shot, i guess.

There is a National League baseball team in Miami, but it's called the Florida Marlins. Last year, they beat the Cubs in dramatic fashion in the National League Championship Series.

Rodney

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zapruder the 13th - The Series
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 106 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fictional lie:

I'll risk the consequences...
Back-to-the-fu-chow

- A "See you all again same time next year!" Z

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages