snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Questionable Quotes Archive » Fellatio, trust, and Albert Einstein

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fellatio, trust, and Albert Einstein
owen_dangertooth
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 203 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
There are currently dozens of sites on the internet claiming that Einstein (Albert, supposedly) said "Fellatio is the ultimate act of trust." Of course, it's highly unlikely that Einstein ever said such a thing, even in a private communication. People in Einstein's day didn't talk about sex so freely.

It's a good quote, though, and someone must have said it, or something similar, probably fairly recently. Does anyone have any idea who might have said it, and when or where?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
As a general rule, any quote attributed to Albert Einstein was never uttered by him at all. But I have no idea who might have actually said that.

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
owen_dangertooth
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 203 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think the rule is that if it's supposed to be intelligent, Einstein said it; if it's supposed to be funny, Mark Twain said it. I would guess Marco Vassi as the author of the fellatio quote, but the redoubtable Vassi died of complications of AIDS about 1988, and I think the quote is more recent.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages