snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Questionable Quotes Archive » Jerry Garcia's last words

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jerry Garcia's last words
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 16 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I am curious about a story that has been heavily repeated this
week, namely that Jerry Garcia's last words were "Netscape opened at
WHAT?" (see
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/09/AR2005080900494_pf.html)
A few quick searches show this line as only recently appearing. However,
I found a 2001-dated reference
(http://geekt.org/geekt/comment.cgi?parentid=1031) to a joke:

Q) What were Jerry Garcia's last words?
A) Netscape closed at WHAT?

So now I'm curious. Joke or not?

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AliBaba
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 86 posted      Profile for AliBaba   E-mail AliBaba   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
A: "Man, our music sucks!"

Ali "Sorry, my bad, that's what a Dead Head says when he runs out of pot" Baba

Posts: 3068 | From: Kensington, MD | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bad Ronald
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bad Ronald   E-mail Bad Ronald   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Considering that he died in his sleep the night before Netscape went public, I tend to doubt it.

--------------------
Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on.
Winston Churchill

Posts: 821 | From: Delaware | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Panda_Marie
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm oddly reminded of the episode of Dead Like Me where they record the last words each person had said, and their last thoughts and everything.

Panda "at least they're not Phish heads" Marie

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
charlie23
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charlie23   Author's Homepage   E-mail charlie23   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Jerry's last words to me were "...'ere..(cough, cough)
Posts: 156 | From: Varna, Bulgaria | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Remarkgullabull
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Remarkgullabull     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AliBaba:
quote:
A: "Man, our music sucks!"

Ali "Sorry, my bad, that's what a Dead Head says when he runs out of pot" Baba

Hey, hey, hey! Watch it now!! That's what we say when we run out of acid!!!

Remark "look at the trails, man" gullabull, #1 dead head in the state of Minnesota

--------------------
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Posts: 1961 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sue Bee
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sue Bee     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Remarkgullabull Loves LTCC:

Remark "look at the trails, man" gullabull, #1 dead head in the state of Minnesota

Careful, I'm getting a contact high...
Posts: 1596 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages