snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Questionable Quotes Archive » "There is no feeling.."

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "There is no feeling.."
qualli
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for qualli   E-mail qualli   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"There is no feeling in the world quite as satisfactory as a good bowel movement"

I've heard this quote given to a number of royals, a first lady or two, and even Benjamin Franklin. But I have yet to figure out who, if anybody, ever said it.

Growing up, I heard a variation of this quite frequently along with the "well, at least you're not constipated" when complaining about anything.

me: "Aww man, I've got a 20 page paper due tommorow, and I need that grade to pass. I can't believe I forgot about it."
well meaning older person:"It could be worse, you could be constipated"

me: "I just wrecked my truck! that car was coming right at me. Scared the shit out of me."
wmop: "Well at least you don't have to worry about being constipated"

--------------------
"I still say Obi-wan Kenobi was The Force's bitch."

Posts: 820 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
the Virgin Marrya
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Virgin Marrya     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I love things taken out of context....

quote:
Originally posted by qualli:
me: "...I need that grade to pass. ..."
well meaning older person:"It could be worse, you could be constipated"

--------------------
Windows cannot open this file. To open this file correctly, defenestrate, then try running the file again...

Posts: 5383 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mr. Snake
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It sounds like something Benjamin Franklin might have said, but I just don't know.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Open Mike Night
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Open Mike Night     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've heard the saying:
"There's nothing as overrated as sex, and as underrated as a good bowel movement."

But I can't tell you who said it.

--------------------
On the crusade to eliminate Moral Asshattery wherever it exists
Member: AAMAH

Posts: 2940 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I can tell you that I wouldn't want to be married to him or her...

--------------------
~~Ai am in mai prrrrrraime!~~

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
STF
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for STF   Author's Homepage   E-mail STF   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A good BM is one of life's simplest joys. It doesn't compare to sex though.

--------------------
STF on MySpace

Posts: 5186 | From: Coweta County, GA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tootsie Plunkette
Buy a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella

Icon 02 posted      Profile for Tootsie Plunkette   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sounds like something Dr. Kellogg would have said, either in real life or in The Road to Wellville.

--------------------
--Tootsie

Posts: 5017 | From: Greater Seattle | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages