snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Questionable Quotes Archive » your favorite qoute (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: your favorite qoute
SYXX6
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
what is your favorite qoute(s).
i have 3
"knowledge speaks but wisdom hears"
- Jimi Hendrix
"Only two thingsare infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and i'm not sure about the former"
-Albert Einstein
"Everyday i get up and look through the forbes list of the richest people in America. If i'm not there, I go to work."
- Robert Orben

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Paul Unwin

Icon 23 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Here are a few. Those of your that receive A.Word.A.Day. might recognize some of them. Regular snopesters should recognize a couple more.

Paul "'Not a single original line in my brain' - Justin Breese" Unwin

In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time.
-Edward P. Tryon

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously.
-Hubert Humphrey

A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes.
-Hugh Downs

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
-Thomas Edison

Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.
-Oscar Wilde, writer (1854-1900)

In Christianity neither morality nor religion come into contact with reality at any point.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Every society honors its live conformists and its dead troublemakers.
-Mignon McLaughlin, author

There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a vacuum.
-Arthur C. Clarke, writer (1917- )

Be very circumspect in the choice of thy company. In the society of thine equals thou shalt enjoy more pleasure; in the society of thine superiors thou shalt find more profit. To be the best in the company is the way to grow worse; the best means to grow better is to be the worst there.
-Francis Quarles (1592-1644)

The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to choose from.
-Andrew S. Tanenbaum

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.
-Victor Hugo (1802-1885)

Liberty is the possibility of doubting, the possibility of making a mistake, the possibility of searching and experimenting, the possibility of saying No to any authority - literary, artistic, philosophic, religious, social, and even political.
-Ignazio Silone, author (1900-1978)

There is no pleasure in having nothing to do;
the fun is in having lots to do and not doing it.
-Mary Little

The plural of "anecdote" is not "data."
-Mike Quear, US Congressional staffer

The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that WE are above average drivers.
-Dave Barry

The main accomplishment of almost all organized protests is to annoy people who are not in them.
-Dave Barry

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
-Franklin P. Jones

Experience is the comb life gives you after you lose your hair.
-Judith Stearn

He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
-Chinese proverb

Anyone can do any amount of work provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at the moment.
-Robert Benchley, humorist, drama critic, and actor (1889-1945)

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity.
-Louis Pasteur, chemist and bacteriologist (1822-1895)

When I feel inclined to read poetry, I take down my dictionary. The poetry of words is quite as beautiful as the poetry of sentences. The author may arrange the gems effectively, but their shape and lustre have been given by the attrition of ages.
-Oliver Wendell Holmes, physician and writer (1809-1894)

Never bear more than one trouble at a time. Some people bear three kinds - all they have had, all they have now, and all they expect to have.
-Edward Everett Hale, author (1822-1909)

Death is not extinguishing the light; it is putting out the lamp because the dawn has come. -Rabindranath Tagore, poet, philosopher, author, songwriter, painter, educator, composer, Nobel laureate (1861-1941)

A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it.
-Rabindranath Tagore

It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.
-Mohandas K. Gandhi (1869-1948)

Trust in Allah, but tie your camel.
-Arabic saying

You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.
For Life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.
You are the bows from which your children,
as living arrows, are sent forth.
-Kahlil Gibran, Prophet.

One's first step in wisdom is to question everything - and one's last is to come to terms with everything.
-Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

No man should judge unless he asks himself in absolute honesty whether in a similar situation he might not have done the same.
-Viktor Frankl, author, neurologist and psychiatrist, Holocaust survivor (1905-1997)

We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
-T.S. Elliot, "Little Gidding" Collected Poems, 1963.

Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world; Unreasonable people persist in trying to adapt the world to themselves. Therefore, all progress depends on unreasonable people.
-George Bernard Shaw

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson, writer and philosopher (1803-1882)

For a man to achieve all that is demanded of him he must regard himself as greater than he is.
-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, poet, dramatist, novelist, and philosopher (1749-1832)

It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others.
-John Andrew Holmes

What people call common sense is merely the sum of prejudices acquired by the age of 18.
-Albert Einstein

If we could read the secret history of our enemies, we should find in each man's life sorrow and suffering enough to disarm all hostility.
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, poet (1807-1882)

If you must play, decide on three things at the start: the rules of the game, the stakes, and the quitting time.
-Chinese Proverb

As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master. This expresses my idea of democracy.
-Abraham Lincoln, 16th U.S. President (1861-1865)

Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.
-Alan Alda, actor and director (1936-)

There is no rule more invariable than that we are paid for our suspicions by finding what we suspect.
-Henry David Thoreau, naturalist and author (1817-1862)

I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him.
-Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer (1564-1642)

The trouble with most folks isn't so much their ignorance. It's know'n so many things that ain't so.
-Josh Billings, 19th century humorist

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
-Bertrand Russell

When we see men of a contrary character, we should turn inwards and examine ourselves.
-Confucius (551-479 BC)

But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.
-Carl Sagan

The crux... is that the vast majority of the mass of the universe seems to be missing.
-William J. Broad

IndieQueen

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh my gosh! I just realized that I don't know who originally said any of the things I'm about to quote, Bad Indie!!! Anyone know a good search engine for this type of thing?

"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans"

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger" I think this was Neitche(sp)

"On a bad day, the internet can look a lot like Hell" (Taken from an article on snuff films)

"Be careful what you wish for, you may get it"

"Milion to one chances come up 9 out of 10 times" Terry Pratchett

Indie

AliBaba
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 06 posted      Profile for AliBaba   E-mail AliBaba   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Indy, try: http://www.bartleby.com/100/

One of my favorite quotes:

"The more you disapprove the more fun it is for me."

Can't find the author, but I'll keep looking.

Oh, and the first quote of yours is generally attributed to John Lennon.

Ali "you may quote me" Baba

Posts: 3068 | From: Kensington, MD | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
IndieQueen

Thanks Ali Baba! I knew it was a musician, just didn't know which one.

Indie

Brandi
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Brandi     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
They can kill you, but they're not allowed to eat you. -- attributed by Chuck Jones to his uncle.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -- Groucho Marx

Posts: 2787 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
blue_jeans, armed with fly swatter

Well, some of these aren't as much uplifting quotes as they are fond memories...
"Vini Vedi Visa-- I came, I saw I shopped." --Melissa's sweatshirt
"It was an honest mistake. Let us never speak of this again." --me, to Crystal, Relay for Life
"Live as if you were going to die tomorrow, but act as if you were going to live forever." ~~Gandi (maybe I misquoted, I'm doing this from memory)

I had more, but I forgot...

pinqy
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 01 posted      Profile for pinqy   E-mail pinqy   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Carpe Testes. me

You never know what is enough unless you know more than enough. William Blake (Yes, Cornflake Girl...William Blake)

Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in. Robert Frost

I drank what? Socrates

It is immoral to allow a sucker to keep his money.

A man is incomplete until he is married. Then he is finished. Oscar Wilde

pinqy

--------------------
Don't Forget!
Winter Solstice Hanukkah Christmas Kwanzaa & Gurnenthar's Ascendance Are Coming!

Posts: 8671 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Anthony

"If this be treason, make the most of it."

Patrick Henry

Fusca 1976
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Fusca 1976   E-mail Fusca 1976   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Some:

Sex, drugs and rock and roll (?)
Wine, women and music (Luther?)
Fandango, trago e muié (Brazilian popular song)

...Three issues of the same idea...

Blood, sweat and tears (Winston Churchill)
Rain, sweat and beer (Caetano Veloso)

Life is hard to those who are soft.
Guests are always a pleasure. When not at arriving, at going away.
I used to dream. Now I don't even sleep.
It is not my fault when I'm right.
(Brazilian truck drivers lore)

Lies are truths that forgot to happen (Mário Quintana)
You talk about truth's fruits; have you ever seen the flowers of lie? (idem)
To the winner, the potatoes (Machado de Assis)

When the wise man speaks to the fool once, we expect that the fool may become wiser.
When the wise man speaks to the fool twice, we fear that the wise man became foolish.

Cria cuervos, que te comerán los ojos.
[Rise crows, they'll eat your eyes]
Dix minutes avant de mourir, il était encore en vie.
[Ten minutes before dying, he was still alive]
Si Parigi tuvesse lu mare, sarebba una piccola Bari.
[If Paris had the sea, it would be just like Bari, only smaller](attributed to the Baresi by the Lucchesi)
Asi, son la putana dei francesc. Ma a vuoi, no!
[Yeah, I'm the Frenchman's whore. But not yours!](Umberto Eco)

I beg your pardon? (William Shakespeare)

Any sentence by Oscar Wilde.

Luís Henrique

Posts: 4498 | From: Brasília, Distrito Federal, Brazil | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jim B

Icon 05 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Old age ain't for sissies!

Youth is a fault that improves daily.

abbubmah
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abbubmah   E-mail abbubmah   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"The whole world is a men's room - but it's not a ladies room." - me.

00 "source of finite wisdom" Bubba

--------------------
Fundamentally Unfundie since 1975

Posts: 7942 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
dewey
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dewey   E-mail dewey   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years." - Mark Twain

"Boobies" - Snopes

dewey

Posts: 2413 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Boris41029

"Subliminable" -George W Bush
Silas Sparkhammer
I Saw V-Chips Come Sailing In

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silas Sparkhammer   Author's Homepage   E-mail Silas Sparkhammer   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My sig, which is from Bertolt Brecht's "Ballad of Approving of the World," is my favorite quote.

My next favorite is: "Beware the fury of a patient man." John Dryden.

Silas ("I've got a million of 'em!") Sparkhammer

--------------------
When on music's mighty pinion, souls of men to heaven rise,
Then both vanish earth's dominion, man is native to the skies.

Posts: 16801 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Moose

"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea -- massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it."
-- Gene "Spaf" Spafford (1992)

lexicondevil

"Man becomes rich by keeping his wants few."--Henry James Thoraeu

"It ain't over till it's over."--Yogi Berra

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!"--Dante from "Clerks"

Kamino Neko

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kamino Neko   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by IndieQueen:
"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans"

John Lennon - from his song Beautiful Boy.

My entry:

'When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown-up.' C.S. Lewis

Tengu

--------------------
Blueberry, Blackberry, Raspberry, Strawberry
Merry Merry-go-round, Funky Funky Playground

Posts: 3645 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
nobody

Here's a few more, but I don't know who said all of them:

- "Idealism is not for the idealists" (probably Stanislaw Lem)
- "The only thing greater than the power of God is the arrogance of man" (unknown)
- "Wer liebt nicht Wein, Weib und Gesang, der bleibt ein Narr sein Leben lang" (Martin Luther)
[Who loves not wine, women, and song stays a fool his whole life long]
- "Zloty rzucil dostal dwa, dwa postawil gowno ma" (Polish proverb)
[Bet a zloty get two back, put up two and get sh!t]
- "Entrada de caballo, salida de burro" (Spanish proverb)
[Enter on horseback, leave on your ass ]
- "Man who lives with hand in pocket feels testy all day" (someone had to say it)

- no "'duct tape WILL NOT fix a defective prophylactic device!' - me" body

Veneer-o-matic

Icon 19 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"Watch that first step -- It's a lulu!"
Bugs Bunny

"Once you've eliminated everything that's possible, whatever's left however improbable must be the solution."
paraphrasing Sherlock Holmes (I think)

I could think of more but the dancing mermaid smilie keeps distracting me...

Veneer

Kamino Neko

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Kamino Neko   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Veneer-o-matic:
"Once you've eliminated everything that's possible, whatever's left however improbable must be the solution."
paraphrasing Sherlock Holmes (I think)

Actually, it's 'Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever is left, however improbable, is the answer.' Or close enough... Eliminating the possible means you're on completely the wrong track. ^__^

Tengu

--------------------
Blueberry, Blackberry, Raspberry, Strawberry
Merry Merry-go-round, Funky Funky Playground

Posts: 3645 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Veneer-o-matic

quote:
Originally posted by Tengu, Lord of Mists:
Eliminating the possible means you're on completely the wrong track. ^__^

Tengu

I thought that was the point -- Once you've eliminated everyhting you THOUGHT was possible, then something you thought was IMpossible must be the answer.

(More often than not though, it just means I've done something stupid.)

Veneer

Don Gato
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Don Gato   E-mail Don Gato   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I generally list this as my favorite quote:

"Ain't no sense worrying about things you got control over, because if you got control over them, ain't no sense worrying. And there ain't no sense worrying about things you got no control over either, because if you got no control them, ain't no sense worrying."
-- Mickey Rivers, former baseball player

However, given this thread, I'll have to go with:

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 951 | From: The place to be | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tommi
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tommi   E-mail tommi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm trying to remember this one, which is on a poster in the university library...IIRC, it's "I have always imagined paradise to be a kind of library". Don't know if I got it right, or who said it, but I can find out both later this week.

tom"as long as it has internet access"mi

Posts: 628 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Poets Fire

Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity

"Dolor est fragilitas eundo ex corpore" or "Pain is just weakness leaving your body"
- supposedly USMC Oohrah, author unknown (by me)

"No pain, no gain? ALL pain, ALL gain" - me (Richard Lowe)

"Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all of the time and have the time of your life." - Tom Waits

and others...

BlueRose

"Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditiones Habes"

and

OMNIA MIHI LINGVA GRAECA SVNT

Saw these on a couple of t-shirts I have put on my Christmas list. They were in the "Signals" catalog. I also use them as part of my e-mail signature. Anyone want to take a stab at them? I'll check in later!

Amy

BlueRose

Whoops! My mistake! I thought you were asking for favorite QUOTES, not QOUTES! As soon as I find out what a "qoute" is, I'll let you know what my favorite is!

Amy "yes, I'm being a smart-@$$, what else is new?" Bennett

Cat Grey
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cat Grey   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"No one ever said the fallen angels were the ugly ones." -Graham Greene, from the Power and the Glory, I think.

Cat "And then there's my sig..." Grey

--------------------
"Beer assuages grief. No one tells you that." ~Arrow-Tech IV

Posts: 1612 | From: Darkest America (Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas) | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
phildonnia

If you want to score big points in an argument, just smile, and say, with an air of extreme profundity:

"Yes, but you can't tell which way a train went by looking at the tracks."

There is no counter-argument to this, since it is undoubtably true, yet it would show a lack of intelligence to reveal that one has not grasped its relevance to the topic at hand.

BlueRose

"Nah, nobody drives in New York City, there's too much traffic."

credit my brother-in-law, Andrew

Amy "sounds like something Yogi Berra would say, doesn't it?" Bennett

SYXX6

Allen's Distinction - The lion and the calf shall lie down together, but the calf won't get much sleep.
fermifan

quote:
Originally posted by phildonnia:
If you want to score big points in an argument, just smile, and say, with an air of extreme profundity:

"Yes, but you can't tell which way a train went by looking at the tracks."

There is no counter-argument to this, since it is undoubtably true, yet it would show a lack of intelligence to reveal that one has not grasped its relevance to the topic at hand.

What you said here reminds me of one of my all time favorites.

"WHoever knows he is deep strives for clarity; whoever would like to appear deep to the crowd, strives for obscurity. For the crowd considers anything deep if only it cannot see the bottom. The crowd is so timid and afraid of going into the water." -Nietzsche

After reading this, I made the decision to always ask for a clarification, however much I was afraid of looking stupid. Generally, those who willingly clarify themselves, don't put an ounce of effort into making me look stupid. Those who don't really clarify themselves but instead imply that I'm an idiot, I suddenly see for the idiots they are. If you know that what you say is true, you'll be flattered by the interest. If you are blowing smoke, you will react defensively. This quote gave me the perfect scalpel for separating the wise from the fools. Of course, I'm not talking about arguments here, in an argument, demanding clarification can be a pretty offensive tactic. You can tree a person by just acting like nothing they say makes any sense to you. My ex used to do that to me all the time.

Another gem from him, Freddy, not my ex:

Those thinkers in whom all stars move in cyclic orbits are not the most profound: whoever looks into himself as into a vast space and carries galaxies in himself knows how irregular all galaxies are; they lead into the chaos and labyrinth of existence.

chinpira
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 06 posted      Profile for chinpira   Author's Homepage   E-mail chinpira   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I originally posted this on another old thread about best quotes of all time:

1. "Who the h*** wants to hear actors talk?" -- H.M. Warner, Warner Brothers, 1927
2. "So we went to Atari and said, 'Hey, we've got this amazing thing, even built with some of your parts, and what do you think about funding us? Or we'll give it to you. We just want to do it. Pay our salary, we'll come work for you.' And they said, 'No.' So then we went to Hewlett-Packard, and they said, 'Hey, we don't need you. You haven't got through college yet.'" -- Apple Computer Inc. founder Steve Jobs on attempts to get Atari and H-P interested in his and Steve Wozniak's personal computer.

3. Truth never hurts the teller. -- Robert Browning

4. "When I was in England I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale." - Bill Clinton

5. "I'm having a friend for dinner" Guess who???

6. "I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?" Dirty Harry

And the greatest quote of ALL time:

Sue Hawk (of the Survivor game show fame)-

I don't have any questions to ask, only statements. This island has nothing but snakes and rats. And here we have Rich, the snake, and Kelly, who turned into a rat.

(To Rich) "Your inability to admit your shortcomings makes you a loser."

(To Kelly): "You got stomped on, on national TV. You are very two faced and manipulative. If I ever pass you again in life, and you were dying of thirst, I would not give you a drink of water. I'd leave you for the vultures."

To the above I also add the following:

-Arnold Schwarzenneger, Commando: "Wait that's right Matrix, you said you were going to kill me last right?
I lied."

-The Godfather: i'll make an offer you can't refuse

-May the force be with you, always

Posts: 5729 | From: HellPaso, TX | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BlueRose

Ooh, wait, chinpira, I think you got the Schwarzenegger quote wrong. I think the dialogue went like this:

Ahnaud (holding bad guy over cliff by one leg): Hey, Sully, remember how I said I'd kill you last?

Sully: That's right, you did!

Ahnaud: I lied.

Sully: "AAAAAA-A-A--A--a--a---a---aaaaa... THUD"

A few minutes later, the flight attendant Ahnaud has roped in to help him asks, "Where's Sully?"

He replies, "I let him go."

Amy "I always DID like that movie!" Bennett

Paul Ward

quote:
Originally posted by BlueRose:
OMNIA MIHI LINGVA GRAECA SVNT

"It's All Greek To Me."

No idea about the first quote, though.

Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum
--Terry Pratchett
(Loosely translated: If you have their full attentions, their hearts and minds will follow.)

Yes, folks, in The Stand I got to scrub the whole human race--and it was fun!!
--Stephen King

I got to thinking about sin, or badness, or whatever you want to call it, and I realized that just as there are a limited number of consumer electronics we create as a species, there are also a limited number of sins we can commit, too. So maybe that's why people are so interested in computer "hackers"--because they invented a new sin.
--Douglas Coupland

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages