snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Questionable Quotes Archive » Some George W quotes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Some George W quotes
MIB
We Three Blings

Icon 24 posted      Profile for MIB   Author's Homepage   E-mail MIB       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I got these George W. Bush quotes from a joke mailing list that I subscribed to.

"People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history."
...George W. Bush

"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made."
...George W. Bush to Sam Donaldson, 8/17/93

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe." ...George W. Bush

"Public speaking is very easy." ...George W. Bush to reporters

"I am not part of the problem. I am a Republican"
...George W. Bush

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls." ...George W. Bush

"We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur." ...George W. Bush 9/22/97

"For NASA, space is still a high priority."
...George W. Bush, 9/5/93

"Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children." ...George W. Bush, 9/18/95

"The American people would not want to know of any misquotes that George Bush may or may not make."
...George W. Bush

"We're all capable of mistakes, but I do not care to enlighten you on the mistakes we may or may not have made." ...Governor George W. Bush

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."
...George W. Bush

"[It's] time for the human race to enter the solar system." ...George W. Bush

MIB

--------------------
What it all comes down to is, dyslexics have more nuf.

Posts: 1090 | From: Area 51 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Silas Sparkhammer
I Saw V-Chips Come Sailing In

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silas Sparkhammer   Author's Homepage   E-mail Silas Sparkhammer   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
??? Are you sure? Some of these feel like recycled Quayle quotes...

Silas (deja W?) Sparkhammer

--------------------
When on music's mighty pinion, souls of men to heaven rise,
Then both vanish earth's dominion, man is native to the skies.

Posts: 16801 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ewok
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
They're all Quayle quotes. At least they left out the bogus Latin America quote.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
blue_jeans

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
this one I've heard quoted to both Al and Dubya:
"It's not the pollution that's harming the environment, it's the impurities in the air and water that are doing it." (It's from memory, and probably a little off).
So who actually said it?

Ewok

Icon 03 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Bookachow
Anthony

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What I always found funny about the "America is in Europe" quote is that it is essentially true -- the US is culturaly, politically, and militarily "in" Europe.

In fact, I thought that was one of the concerns of the European leaders, that the US does not want to be "in" Europe but leave Europe, NATO and the rest to its own devices.

What is also interesting is that in the UK, there is a big question if that country ios or should be "part" of Europe, meaning the EU, not whether the British Isles should be cut lose and towed smorewhere out into the Atlantic.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages