snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Questionable Quotes Archive » Thinkers or stinkers?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thinkers or stinkers?
Gus
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A friend game me this link today.

Barbara addressed #2 (false) and #9 (true). Anyone know about the others?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trollface   Author's Homepage   E-mail trollface   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Why is Miss Alabama '94 doing a Nazi salute?

Troll "I want to work with animals and kill children" face

--------------------
seriously , everyone on here , just trys to give someone crap about something they do !! , its shitting me to tears.

Posts: 16061 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
theangryQ
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I'm pretty sure the Mariah Carey quote was proved false somewhere on this site, but I don't know about the others.

Most of the quotes sound like they've come from Dan Quayle. The China quote is his, I'm pretty sure.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GravyTrain
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GravyTrain     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by trollface:
Why is Miss Alabama '94 doing a Nazi salute?

If memory serves correct, when doing the Nazi salute, one looks directly at one's fingertips - since she is looking away, I would think such accusations might not hold up

Why on earth would I know how to do a proper Sieg Heil?

It was just a little something I researched because I was curious what percentage of Neo-Nazi and KKK folks that appear on smut TV shows like Jerry Springer even did a proper Nazi salute.

Not surprising, the correct answer was "zero". I mean, having hateful beliefs is one thing, but not even getting them right, that's something else.

GT.

PS As far as I found out, a proper Sieg Heil was: right arm at 45 degrees clockwise from vertical, arm pointed straight out parallel to body, eyes pointing at fingertips (from a former German youth interviewed in the introduction for the Manga book set "Adolf: the Half-Aryan"). Anyone verify or repudiate this?

Posts: 1157 | From: Calgary, Alberta | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages