snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Questionable Quotes Archive » Diary of Anne Frank: A Real Sob Story

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Diary of Anne Frank: A Real Sob Story
sp_uk
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi!

I am not sure if this is the right forum for this so i apologise in advance. I remember reading some where that the State Textbook Committee called for the Diary of Anne Frank to be rejected because its a "real downer."

Please tell me this is an UL.
Thanks

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
sherri_lu
Xboxing Day

Icon 27 posted      Profile for sherri_lu   Author's Homepage   E-mail sherri_lu   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The Real Downer was nobody gave Ann a "chick track" www.chick.com and she did not REPENT
so Ann is in hell does not matter what kind of person she was she did not repent
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0014/0014_01.asp

quote:
Originally posted by sp_uk:
Hi!

I am not sure if this is the right forum for this so i apologise in advance. I remember reading some where that the State Textbook Committee called for the Diary of Anne Frank to be rejected because its a "real downer."

Please tell me this is an UL.
Thanks

Posts: 1344 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
theangryQ

Icon 02 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sherri_lu@mailcity.com:
The Real Downer was nobody gave Ann a "chick track" www.chick.com and she did not REPENT
so Ann is in hell does not matter what kind of person she was she did not repent
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0014/0014_01.asp

That's awful. Jack Chick is evil incarnate.

Kamin

Jack Chick...before he jacks you.

------------------
Kamin

Farkle

quote:
Ann Frank--Diary of a Young girl

For her thirteenth birthday, Anne Frank's parents gave her a diary. "I hope I will be able to confide everything to you, as I have never been able to confide in anyone, and I hope you will be a great source of comfort and support." Just one month later (July 1942), Anne and her family went into hiding to escape from the Nazis. For the next two years, living in a cramped Amsterdam annex, Anne's writings filled two notebooks. To date, more than twenty-five million copies have been printed in fifty-five languages. Various reasons have been used to justify banning Anne Frank's acclaimed diary. In one 1983 incident, four members of the Alabama State Textbook Committee called for its removal because it was a "real downer."

found at: http://www.angelfire.com/tn/smartblonde/banned.html

a lot came up on a google search, seems it is amongst the top 30 of most often banned books.

zigaretten

Icon 02 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Pet peeve - Not including a book on a particular list of approved or required reading is hardly the same thing as banning that book. If every book not appearing on the AL Textbook Com.'s list of approved reading is regarded as "Banned" then we are going to have a Very long list of banned books.
ROBERT.BAK

If you think The Diary of Anne Frank is a downer, try reading Go Ask Alice (the diary of a teenager lured into drug addiction by her so-called "friends") — it's easily the most depressing and disturbing book I've ever read...

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages