snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Questionable Quotes Archive » Nostradamus - President quote?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nostradamus - President quote?
jg
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I found this to be a little too convenient:

"Come the millennium, month 12, In the home of greatest power, the village idiot will come forth to be acclaimed the leader." -
Nostradamus, 1555

jg

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sara at home
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sara at home   E-mail Sara at home   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I got this one this morning. I was going to post it to see if any Nostradamus fans knew if it is from his writings. I find it a little hard to believe too.

Sara

Posts: 8317 | From: Reading, PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
huginn
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
http://www.snopes2.com/inboxer/stooopid/nostra.htm
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sara at home
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sara at home   E-mail Sara at home   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oooops, see what happens when you don't check "Currently Circulating" and "What's New" every day.

Thanks,

Sara

[This message has been edited by Sara at home (edited 12-20-2000).]

Posts: 8317 | From: Reading, PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MarkS
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarkS   E-mail MarkS   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jg:
"Come the millennium, month 12, In the home of greatest power, the village idiot will come forth to be acclaimed the leader." -
Nostradamus, 1555
jg

Hmm, so a "village idiot" will come to power in December of 2001? I wonder who that'll be?

I guess the educationally-challenged author of this "authentic" piece of work didn't give much thought to when the millenium actually begins.

Posts: 1 | From: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages