snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Urban Legends » Hey, Mikey, Pop Rocks blowing up

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hey, Mikey, Pop Rocks blowing up
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 212 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Pop Rocks, the exploding candy that earned a following and urban-legend status -- spurred partly by rumors of accidental death -- are back.

http://www.wpherald.com/storyview.php?StoryID=20060415-095045-1839r

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bayareatexan
"Repaint and thin no more!"

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bayareatexan     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
COOL!!
My cousin once had his stomach pumped due to consuming a vast amout of Pop Rocks!

Lets talk about the rumors--what've you got?

--------------------
"Our God-given ability to communicate and build relationships with other people, this is what gives us our humanity-not opposable thumbs."

Posts: 5 | From: San Antonio, TX | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
1958Fury
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1958Fury   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Not that the crackling confection went anywhere: It's been around for half a century. To celebrate, Pop Rocks' manufacturer is tapping into childhood nostalgia just in time for Easter by reissuing in limited edition its very first flavor, cherry, in retro 1970s packaging.
To reiterate:
Pop Rocks, the candy that has been around for fifty years, and never went off the shelves, and is still being sold today just like it was being sold last week, and last year, and so on, is going to temporarily be sold in a different package.

Slow news day?

1958 "In a cynical mood today" Fury

--------------------
I believe I'm growing skeptical of cynicism.
Myspace NWN Board

Posts: 917 | From: Nashville TN | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cowboy Joe
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cowboy Joe   E-mail Cowboy Joe   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Why would a story like this appear in the World Peace Herald?

--------------------
"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." -George W. Bush, Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005

Posts: 382 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Senior
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What's more peaceful than exploding candy?

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Posts: 4806 | From: Groton, CT | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Grand Illusion
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grand Illusion   Author's Homepage   E-mail Grand Illusion   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Two Halloweens ago, I decorated my porch a la urban legends, complete with Bloody Mary mirror and a tub of ice with a dummy sans kidneys in it. For treats, I passed out cans of Pepsi with bags of Pop Rocks rubber-banded to them. I only found one store that sold Pop Rocks, and they only had three or four bags, so I ended up having to buy them in bulk from an online outlet. We were the most popular house in the neighborhood that year. [Smile]

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.

"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?" - The Brain

Posts: 587 | From: Colorado | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zabia
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zabia   E-mail Zabia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Grand Illusion- That is awesome!

--------------------
We frettered around like farm animals, looking around for formulas and father figures. -Twilight Zone

Posts: 425 | From: Lynchburg, VA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages