snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Urban Legends » What urban legend were you surprised to find real/fake? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What urban legend were you surprised to find real/fake?
I'mNotDedalus
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 16 posted      Profile for I'mNotDedalus   Author's Homepage   E-mail I'mNotDedalus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I was particularly surprised when I read, "During a photo opportunity at a 1988 grocers' convention, President George Bush [Sr.] was 'amazed' at encountering supermarket scanners for the first time," was FALSE.

I have vague memories of this being reported by the media, of my parents even expressing scorn at the story. To my astonishment, the article informed me that I had been the helpless victim of media exaggeration and player-hatin’.

--------------------
The salty fragrance of L’Eau D’I’mNotDedalus - made entirely of and entirely for sea turtles.

Posts: 1983 | From: Chicagoland, IL | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jackie in the Elevator
Happy Holly Days

Icon 08 posted      Profile for Jackie in the Elevator     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
::hijack:: Where the heck have you been, IND???

--------------------
Free the West Memphis Three

Why are these cases still unsolved?

Posts: 1618 | From: Texas | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
I'mNotDedalus

Icon 24 posted      Profile for I'mNotDedalus   Author's Homepage   E-mail I'mNotDedalus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jackie in the Elevator:

Awwwwwwwwww, Jackie remembers me!!!!

I've been boppin' around, busy here, lazy there, you know...I like your new avatar! [Big Grin]

--------------------
The salty fragrance of L’Eau D’I’mNotDedalus - made entirely of and entirely for sea turtles.

Posts: 1983 | From: Chicagoland, IL | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bored and Dangerous
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bored and Dangerous   Author's Homepage   E-mail Bored and Dangerous   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have to add to the hijack...welcome back to the madness!

--B&D

--------------------
My blog

Watch?? I'm gonna pray, man! Know any good religions?--Zaphod Beeblebrox

Posts: 2366 | From: Harrisonburg, Virginia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ganzfeld
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ganzfeld     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I had believed for a long time that Ring Around the Rosie was code for the plague. So I was surprised but happy, in a way, because I could stop looking for the hidden meaning in nursery rhymes, as I had for a long time. Imagine my surprise to find out about the covert message in Sing a Song of Sixpence! [Wink]
Posts: 4922 | From: Kyoto, Japan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MissEltoe
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 607 posted      Profile for MissEltoe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Milhouse Van Houten:
quote:
Originally posted by MissE:
quote:
Originally posted by Aquadude:
IIRC, it's not on Snopes, but the urban legend about Andy Milonakis being 30. I couldn't believe it, but it's true.

OmiGod!!!!!!!!!!!! Me and my boyfriend were talking about this the other day! I told him that they were around the same age and he wouldn't believe me! As weird as it may be, I was HORRIFIED to find out that he was that friggin old.
On behalf of those over the age of 29, may I say: Ouch... [Razz]
Oh no! Now I feel bad. I honestly don't think that 29 is OLD, but have you ever watched this guy's show??? He looks, sounds, and acts like a friggin 14-year-old. So, for him to be his actual age and act the way he does, it's just a little weird. [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
Licorice of the Lord! This is classy stuff...Should I be wearing a tie? Or, at least, pants?
~I'mNotDedalus

Posts: 975 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jackie in the Elevator
Happy Holly Days

Icon 08 posted      Profile for Jackie in the Elevator     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by I'mNotDedalus:
quote:
Originally posted by Jackie in the Elevator:

Awwwwwwwwww, Jackie remembers me!!!!

I've been boppin' around, busy here, lazy there, you know...I like your new avatar! [Big Grin]

Yours is cool too. Glad to see you back!

--------------------
Free the West Memphis Three

Why are these cases still unsolved?

Posts: 1618 | From: Texas | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
quickdecay
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The one about coke containing cocaine.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Back when I was a lurker, I was amazed that the writers of a website such as this would be so ignorant as to believe Mr. Ed was a zebra. I wrote an intelligent, explanatory email to them pointing out their fallacies. Right before I hit "send" I happened to click that other link at the bottom of the page... [Embarrassed]

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Buzzkiller
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buzzkiller   E-mail Buzzkiller       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
But it did.

Posts: 207 | From: Alabama | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Astra
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 87 posted      Profile for Astra     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Buzzkiller:
quote:
But it did.

The topic is which legends you were shocked to find real or fake - I think quickdecay intended to say that they were shocked to find out that one really was true.

--------------------
This has been yet another... USELESS POST.

Posts: 6105 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Buzzkiller
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buzzkiller   E-mail Buzzkiller       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, sorry. [dunce]

Note to self: read thread title.

Posts: 207 | From: Alabama | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
moonwatcher
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The one that surprised me the most was the Ring Around the Rosie story, where it's based on the plague. A friend of mine in high school did a bunch of research on it for a project and had me completely convinced, until I read the Snopes entry.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wild Card
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 09 posted      Profile for Wild Card     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I actually found snopes.com looking for a more in-depth analysis of the connection between Ring around the Rosies and the Bubonic Plague.
Of course, I never would have come here if I hadn't fallen for it, so I guess it was for the best.

--------------------
"It's a perfect system...unless it screws up." -Biology Professor

Posts: 495 | From: Orange County, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TheBobo

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBobo   Author's Homepage   E-mail TheBobo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I was suprised to learn that The Hotel California by the Eagles was not about The Church of Satan and Anton Levy does not appear on the inside album cover.

There is still a little part of me that believes that it still may be true. Only because way back in early 1981 after listening to the song for the umpteenth time and analyzing the lyrics that I felt it dealt with either a devil cult or Satan worship. This is before the legend became known. I had read The Shining a year earlier and just finished Michelle Remembers (a 'true' story of a little girl who is stuck with a bunch of devil worshippers). In the book one of the rituals is called The Feast of the Beast. In the song the line goes -'they gathered for the feast and they stab it with their steely knives yet they cant kill the beast'.

I remember telling everyone that would listen of my 'discovery'. They thought I was crazy. When it became known soon afterward I was shocked. I thought I was the only one who broke the code sort to speak.

The'what time is checkout again?'Bobo

--------------------
The views expressed in the above Post does not necessarily reflect those of snopes,The Infopoop Corporation,the Internet or most of society for that matter.

Posts: 2474 | From: Scranton, PA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Autumn Neko
The Seahorse Whisperer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Autumn Neko   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think these ULs surprised me the most:

Carrots improve night vision

Turkey makes you sleepy

I think about food too much... [Big Grin]

-Autumn "gradually coming out of lurker mode" Neko

--------------------
"...and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does."
~~Groucho Marx~~

Posts: 392 | From: Virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Little Pink Pill
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Little Pink Pill     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cervus:
Back when I was a lurker, I was amazed that the writers of a website such as this would be so ignorant as to believe Mr. Ed was a zebra. I wrote an intelligent, explanatory email to them pointing out their fallacies. Right before I hit "send" I happened to click that other link at the bottom of the page... [Embarrassed]

ETA-Dagnabit, I just found that extra link myself. But I was afraid to ask how the heck that could be true for fear of ending up on "We've Got Mail." [dunce]

--------------------
The technical term is narcissism. You can't believe everything is your fault unless you also believe you're all powerful.--House

Posts: 2684 | From: Budapest | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
A Guy Named Goo
Carol of the Bills

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Guy Named Goo   Author's Homepage   E-mail A Guy Named Goo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The UL that surprised me the most when it turned out not to be true was the one about the Indian on the Tootsie Roll Pop wrapper not being good for a free lollipop.

Growing up, there was a store downtown (ah, small town Maine. The center of all evil, if Stephen King is to be believed) that actually used to redeem these for free lollipops, right there in the store. It was only one lollipop per wrapper, and now that I know the legend isn't true I find myself realizing the owners of the store must have known that the company wasn't going to reimburse them for the free lollipops.

Then again, it's not like Tootsie Roll Pops are the most expensive things in the world. They sold them for maybe five cents each and only had a small container of them at any given time, so I doubt they even bought them in bulk. They probably just bought the bags they sell at Wal-Mart or Sam's Club. Either way, I doubt a free lollipop once in a while broke them. But still, the gesture makes me think.

I now found myself wondering if I can get the other store that is still open to take my wrappers. Maybe it only works for cute small children. [Wink]

--------------------
“I really feel like this is part of my life's work....It's part of what I want to do with my time here....So if I can make a difference at all by talking openly about myself, I'm glad.” - Anthony Rapp, Without You, pp. 206-207

Posts: 592 | From: Kenduskeag, ME | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ana Ng

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ana Ng   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I grew up believing that a guy stopped and changed a tire on Donald Trump's limo, and Donald Trump paid his mortgage off.

It was a very popular rumor on Long Island at the time.

Ana

--------------------
My great grandfather planted that tree!

Posts: 4862 | From: Brooklyn | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Moeko'sOwl
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Moeko'sOwl     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Read the thread and no one mentioned this...btw, first post! [Big Grin]
I was surprised to learn that the Barbara Fritchie legend was false. In school we were "taught" it as a historical fact.

--------------------
We are all equal, be it before the eyes of God, or for our own sake. We are all worthy of the same fundamental rights, freedoms, and, protections. Mindless hatred is unjustifiable. -Squoval

Posts: 320 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BeachLife
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BeachLife   Author's Homepage   E-mail BeachLife   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Moeko's Owl, I don't have anything to add, but let me be the first to welcome you to the boards.

--------------------
Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone.
Jack Dragon, On Being a Dragon
Confessions of a Dragon's scribe
Diary of my Heart Surgery

Posts: 12094 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lioness
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lioness         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LittleDuck:
The Killer In the Back Seat
A friend of mine told me this one many years ago, only it had happened to her aunt whose husband worked at a prison (or something like that). She had gone to deliver him his lunch that he had left behind and stopped for gas on the way home. Thus the UL goes on.

I heard that one as a kid susposedly happening to a friend of my mom's. She was comming home after a night class or work and stopped for gas. I grew up with the rule of always checking the backseat of the car.
Posts: 223 | From: Long Beach, CA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spikey
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spikey   E-mail Spikey   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I was surprised to learn about Nails & Hair Stop Growing When You Die.
I'd always thought it was pretty amazing, but so many people have told me this that I'd always assumed it must be true.

--------------------
"The fact that "uvula" and "vulva" look and sound similar was just a happy coincidence." - Lainie

Posts: 548 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lotta Palaver
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 02 posted      Profile for Lotta Palaver         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tikidrone:
http://www.snopes.com/military/statue.htm

I heard this when I was a kid...always believed it.

I learned about that from Encyclopedia Brown! I can't believe EB let me down! What else have you lied to me about, Encyclopedia Brown, assuming that's your real name!
[Mad]

--------------------
Your ultimate source of superfluous flummery.

Posts: 595 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lotta Palaver
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 605 posted      Profile for Lotta Palaver         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When I was a kid, I believed that a wheat penny was a lot more valuable than a regular penny. The local legend always involved a certain place like a local convenience store (it was Mr. M in my town) where you could take the penny and the manager would give you a quarter, a dollar, a candy bar or ice cream--something like that, but don't do it because the penny is actually worth a lot more than that! It's actually worth hundreds of dollars, and it's just another example of how evil adults try to take advantage of us innocent kids.

While there are some numistmatists out there who will buy wheat pennies, they're certainly not worth hundreds of dollars and as legal tender they're still only worth 1 cent.

--------------------
Your ultimate source of superfluous flummery.

Posts: 595 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
robbiev - singin' off key

Icon 101 posted      Profile for robbiev - singin' off key   Author's Homepage   E-mail robbiev - singin' off key   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by belaglik:
When I was a kid, I believed that a wheat penny was a lot more valuable than a regular penny. The local legend always involved a certain place like a local convenience store (it was Mr. M in my town) where you could take the penny and the manager would give you a quarter, a dollar, a candy bar or ice cream--something like that, but don't do it because the penny is actually worth a lot more than that! It's actually worth hundreds of dollars, and it's just another example of how evil adults try to take advantage of us innocent kids.

While there are some numistmatists out there who will buy wheat pennies, they're certainly not worth hundreds of dollars and as legal tender they're still only worth 1 cent.

Along those same lines, I was surprised to learn that coins in general aren't worth as much people think.

My father is a numistmatists (coin dealer). I didn't know him until I as about 17, and over the last 20 years, I've learned quite a bit about the coin business.

Some things I've learned:

1. Many (not all, mind you) coin "collectors" don't have a clue what their collection is really worth. It's usually a lot less than they think.

I learned this by helping my father sort through a bunch of coin collections after people die. Many people that collect coins, collect coins of all kinds. Basically (and this is basic) coins that are made after 64 or 65 have no silver and are only worth face value.

2. Most coins aren't worth what the "book" says. It's like selling a car. If the blue book says a car is worth $10,000, but no one will pay you that for it, it isn't "really" worth $10,000.

Part of the reason for that, is people open up a coin book, find the year and go to the highest price in the book for that year/coin. If you have a coin of any year that is in your pocket change or a regular collection, it just about can't be worth the highest price, because the highest price is contingent on the coin being as new as the moment it was struck, and most coins just aren't that, and they usually have to be graded by PCGS or some other coin grading company to bring the highest price.

3. "Mint condition" is a worthless term. Everybody's coins are in mint condition, according to them, even when they bring them in and they are so worn you can't read the date (that happens ALL THE TIME), and nobody ever understands when you try to explain it to them.

I even went and looked at a car one time in a newpaper ad that said "mint condition". It was wrecked. Go figure.

4. The "age" of a coin does not necessarily have anything to do with its value. It has to do with the year and mint mark, and how many were minted that year at that particular mint.

A good example is a 1968 mint set. With no mint mark, they are worth 3 or 4 dollars, but with one particular mint mark (don't remember which one), they are worth several hundred. Same exact coins, same exact year, but different mint marks.

5. Everybody and their freakin' brother has a 1943 copper penny, even though only a few are known to exist.

--------------------
Every time I see a good looking woman, I think, "0oooh. There's another one I'll never have!"

Corvette. The louder you scream, the faster I'll go.

Posts: 1820 | From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bubby
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bubby   E-mail Bubby       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ring around the Rosie, was my #1

The whole Maryln Manson "surgery" I was kind of surprised about as well...

Don't tell me it wouldn't be like him...

Posts: 110 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Anyte
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anyte   E-mail Anyte   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by belaglik:
quote:
Originally posted by Tikidrone:
http://www.snopes.com/military/statue.htm

I heard this when I was a kid...always believed it.

I learned about that from Encyclopedia Brown! I can't believe EB let me down! What else have you lied to me about, Encyclopedia Brown, assuming that's your real name!
[Mad]

Ah, but it isn't!

Mine is the Wizard of Oz...coat! http://www.snopes.com/movies/films/ozcoat.htm I'd never heard the munchkin rumor presented as a truth, I seem to recall once reading a book of movie trivia that debunked it. The coat one seemed too good to be true.

Any-It's Leroy, for the curious-te

--------------------
Too broke to pay attention

Posts: 452 | From: Omaha, NE | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rushrulz
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rushrulz     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Several things, like changing your oil at 30K miles (I have trouble getting people to believe that one) or that birds don't explode from eating rice (d'oh!).

Wait, the Coriolis effect isn't real? *snerk*

An online friend of mine sent me a link about how plug-in air fresheners can cause house fires, so I pointed her towards Snopes.

Meanwhile, that cyclops kitten caused a real ruckus for a friend of mine, whose job used to be handling urban legends and e-mailed hoaxes for the newspaper. He's a major cynic now, and he went nuts over that one, talking to a guy who works at About.com about it and stuff (he's quoted there!). In the end, he had to give in.

Posts: 6 | From: Houston, TX | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Chimera
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chimera     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Will anyone pay more than 1 cent for a wheat penny? I started collecting them a few years ago (about 1990 when I handled a lot of money) and I don't know why. I'll even give my kid 10 cents to buy any he aquires (although I keep his in a seperate jar, I'll give those back someday just as an oddity he can keep if he wants). Anyway I know they can't be that rare since I've got a bunch of them but they are also something I don't see everyday so I figured there would probably be someone out there willing to buy the things (just like I give my boy 10 cents for them). Damn, now I'm disappointed. I would've never counted out peoples money drawers at the end of the day if I knew any coins I found (which I did replace with newer coins) would be worthless. I guess I fell for that one. I thought they were somehow special. I still think they are neat... but just a couple to look at neat and not jars full of them neat.

Oh well, live and learn. At least I didn't fall for the Mr. Ed thing. Although I nearly sent a nasty e-mail to snopes about the problems with that zebra concept. Only luck stopped me from making an ass out of myself on that. "More Info" can be your friend.

I had heard the cookie thingy serveral times before but had doubts. I didn't think someone would lie about such a thing but I didn't know how a place could issue such a charge without some kind of more solid agreement. It was in the really iffy department for me for a while and I was thrilled when I saw it on Snopes and it seemed to verify what I had suspected.

I'm not sure if it was on Snopes but there is a cool trick to fake the toilet effect. That and the solstice (or is it equinox... I'm constantly confused on that) egg are my two faviourite myth busters. I like showing instead of just saying. Sadly I always demonstrate the egg one on the wrong day, although that may even prove my point all the more... or it may just prove I'm an idiot. Although I have to admit I was told about the toilet thing as a kid and once believed it myself. My aunt is a school teacher and for years taught about the egg. I think that's why I like going after those two so much. I hope my aunt doesn't teach the egg thing anymore after I showed her the phenom in July. The egg thing probably shocks me the most because its so easily proven wrong but it has an amazing amount of authority figures behind it that no one seems to question it.

--------------------
"The question for joining the protected forum for real magicians should be:

What is the use of women?"
Steve W. from JREF's 'This is no fun'

Posts: 7622 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ramblin' Dave, quietly making noise

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramblin' Dave, quietly making noise   Author's Homepage   E-mail Ramblin' Dave, quietly making noise   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The Chevy Nova one gets my vote. I'd heard that one dozens of times, and it made perfect sense...until I got around to studying Spanish and learned that "no va" has the stress the other way around, like the Snopes page points out. So no one who spoke Spanish would ever really be confused about it. Oops.

But the biggest surprise I ever got out of a Snopes page was this one. Specifically this part:

quote:
In March 1995, Dear Abby published a letter from "Still Married 10 Years Later" who claimed her cousin had inadvertently drank her contact lenses the night before her wedding, leading to "The next day, I was married in a white skirt, yellow sweater, ugly thick glasses, and a veil!"

"Still Married..." was my sister, age 15 at the time and certainly not married for ten years, and needless to say, she made the whole thing up. Anyone who has seen me discuss my sister in other posts will not be at all surprised to learn that she's a liar. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Another lifetime I'd have fallen in love with you
Swept away by my feelings, ashamed and confused
But just now it's enough to be walking with you
Let the mystery play as it will! -Lui Collins

Posts: 2669 | From: Jouy en Josas, France | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jaime Vargas Sanchez

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaime Vargas Sanchez   E-mail Jaime Vargas Sanchez   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
#1 for me - snuff movies. I was so sure they existed and was relieved to find that none has been found. That of course does not mean Tesis stopped being a good movie.

#2, and I'll look stupid for it - stolen kidneys! But in my defense, I heard it only from one source who referred to a single incident near his town.

--------------------
"Everyone has problems. They only vary in design" - Mama Duck

Posts: 4988 | From: Spain | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DrRocket
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrRocket   E-mail DrRocket   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I always wanted to believe the bit about Groucho and the family with umpteen children. "I like my cigar too but I put it down once in a while!"

I honestly thought I had seen that clip.

Oh well.

--------------------
It's rough on rats! "I'll Say!!"

Posts: 51 | From: Rosemount, Minnesota | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Hrtofdrkns
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hrtofdrkns   E-mail Hrtofdrkns   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That domesticated turkeys don't drown looking up at the rain.

--------------------
"Thing's work out if you just do whatever you want without worrying about the consequences."

Posts: 236 | From: Columbia, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages