snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Urban Legends » Urban Legends you are tired of (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Urban Legends you are tired of
DawnStorm
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 606 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I am really really sick of hearing 'you never know!' every time I try to tell someone that the e-mail they got or the story they heard, is an urban myth. [Mad]

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lioness
Deck the Malls

Icon 506 posted      Profile for lioness         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
One I get frequently, even last week is those warnings about rapists letting the air out of the tire and "helping" to fix it at a mall parking lot. Even when I mention snopes.com, I still get that same kind of e-mail. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 223 | From: Long Beach, CA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
IckleMissPhonics

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IckleMissPhonics   E-mail IckleMissPhonics   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't know if you would consider this as a UL but my parents swear on this.
"If you don't put the toilet lid down at night time, rats will come up from the toilet bowl". This one drives me insane and makes me wonder what if you sleepwalk and walk into the bathroom (Still sleeping of course) and take a pee while your overly UL believing parents have already put the lid down.
I don't believe in it for one minute.

--------------------
"I have a plan so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasle"...Edmund Blackadder

"Is anyone, going, anywhere???"

Posts: 47 | From: Northern Ireland | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Arriah
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arriah   E-mail Arriah   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Anyone who believes that obviously knows squat* about plumbing fixtures. I'd love to see a rat make it up thru the ubend. there also tend to be valves in the plumbing system that are one way.
If they have a septic tank instead of city line the problems get even worse.

--------------------
Conforming meant that everyone liked you except yourself
Rebecca

Posts: 682 | From: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
zman977
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zman977   Author's Homepage   E-mail zman977   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DawnStorm:
I am really really sick of hearing 'you never know!' every time I try to tell someone that the e-mail they got or the story they heard, is an urban myth. [Mad]

Another one I hear is, "you would be surprised." That is equally annoying.

--------------------
Check out the podcast at www.candidradio.com

Ever notice how we always fall in love? We never climb gently in to love, or step lightly in to love. If love is such a good thing than why is it described as a fall.

Posts: 918 | From: La Salle Illinois USA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Buzzkiller
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buzzkiller   E-mail Buzzkiller       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
"If you don't put the toilet lid down at night time, rats will come up from the toilet bowl".
quote:
Anyone who believes that obviously knows squat* about plumbing fixtures. I'd love to see a rat make it up thru the ubend.
A rat came up into my aunt's toilet bowl on two separate occasions. (I should clarify that they were two different rats, both of whom met an untimely end once my dad came to Auntie's aid.) Apparently, some rats can make it past the u-bend, though I can't attest as to whether they can manage their way out of the porcelain bowl. Neither of my aunt's rats were able to.
Posts: 207 | From: Alabama | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rough Rider
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rough Rider   E-mail Rough Rider   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I hate glurge that ends with "If you believe in God, forward this to 10 people including the person who sent it to you. If you don't believe in God, just delete it." Those are my only two choices? Well, I believe in God, and I believe He knows what's in my heart. I don't need to prove my faith to you, God, or anybody by forwarding an email!
Posts: 24 | From: Chesapeake, VA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Iron Pineapple
Generation Game Pie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iron Pineapple   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Eugh... I had to patiently take a 'friend' aside and explain that the baby-sitter cooking the child did not happen. Never ever Trevor. She got rather huffy and said that she'd not actually *believed* it, just that it *could* have happened.
Another friend related this ugsome tale... but I haven't yet enlightened him.
Trouble is, my friends are lacking in internet, so I cannot Snopes them as much as they deserve.
The worst example I have heard is of policemen visiting a school and telling the LSD=man thinking he's orange juice story as true.
But my least favourite is when any scare tale gets forwarded to a completely irrelevent list. In my case it was the Tampax Pearl story... resulting in a Snopesing, an apology, and an unsubscription.

--------------------
"Xev, darling... Sir!"

Posts: 39 | From: England, Centre Of | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dried to Dust
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rough Rider:
I hate glurge that ends with "If you believe in God, forward this to 10 people including the person who sent it to you.

Even worse than that are the ones about friendship that require you to send it back to the person who you received it from to prove your friendship. I don't do forwards, and if someone thinks I'm not their friend because they didn't get some stupid glurge sent back to them, tough cookies.
/end rant

I'm sick of the gang initiation and HIV infection scares. They should be combined into one big uber-legend: "Gang members are driving around at night with no headlights so don't flash your lights at them, or they'll stick you with an HIV-infected needle!!!"

ETA: Of course, a few minutes after I post this I hear about this on a news commercial.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Robigus, Frozen Mushroom
The First USA Noel

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Robigus, Frozen Mushroom   E-mail Robigus, Frozen Mushroom   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dried to Dust:
quote:
Originally posted by Rough Rider:
I hate glurge that ends with "If you believe in God, forward this to 10 people including the person who sent it to you.

Even worse than that are the ones about friendship that require you to send it back to the person who you received it from to prove your friendship. I don't do forwards, and if someone thinks I'm not their friend because they didn't get some stupid glurge sent back to them, tough cookies.
/end rant

I'm sick of the gang initiation and HIV infection scares. They should be combined into one big uber-legend: "Gang members are driving around at night with no headlights so don't flash your lights at them, or they'll stick you with an HIV-infected needle!!!"

ETA: Of course, a few minutes after I post this I hear about this on a news commercial.

And of course, the best line from that story is
quote:
So far, the woman has not shown any ill effects from the prick
Well, wait 9 months and...
Posts: 724 | From: Florida | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BeowulfGirl
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BeowulfGirl   E-mail BeowulfGirl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Personnally, it's the various "the new generation is doomed!" variants, particularly the colored bracelets story
Could someone please book me some chow? I have absolutely no idea what this means, and I think I should.

Thank you!

A very confused BeowulfGirl

--------------------
Please visit my blog and leave a comment! It's all pretty and pink and quite funny. Go here: http://beowulfgirl.blogspot.com/

Posts: 1790 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LikeHeyScoob
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LikeHeyScoob   E-mail LikeHeyScoob   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BeowulfGirl:
quote:
Personnally, it's the various "the new generation is doomed!" variants, particularly the colored bracelets story
Could someone please book me some chow? I have absolutely no idea what this means, and I think I should.

Thank you!

A very confused BeowulfGirl

Here you are.

--------------------
Support you local community newspaper! CNN.com probably won't be covering your child's spelling bee.

Posts: 609 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Fitz
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fitz   E-mail Fitz   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Last October a buddy's GF told me that growing up she and her sister were never allowed to celebrate Halloween because every year satanists in her town would snatch up lil trick-or-treaters and sacrafice them. They apparently really liked the little blond haired blue eyed ones (her and her sis are blond with blue eyes.) Knowing that her parents were fire and brimstone christian types I treid to explain to her that those are just urban legends and she said that everyone in town knew that it happened. BTW she's from the town where Duke University is, I guess they think some folks took supporting the Blue Devils too far.

I also hear often the one about Missy Elliot saying that she'd rather kill her child than have whites listen to her music.

Posts: 45 | From: Kennesaw, GA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
magpie
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for magpie   E-mail magpie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My mom sends me the email every year about rapists and murderers trying to lure women with crying babies, perfume, sitting in the backseat, ect. Every time I send her the link to the snopes article, but still she sends these out to everyone on her contacts list.
Posts: 439 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?
Carol of the Dells

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
From a Peta petition(http://www.jcruel.com/petitionform.asp) :

Im Asian.
But I Hate The Fact Their Culture Supports This And Eating Fetuses And Those Frickin Bonsai Kittens...etc.

Mary, 10/14/2005 7:05:58 PM

--------------------
"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, EVIL stuff... and I want in."- Homer Simpson

Posts: 2161 | From: Delaware | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Santa Mari-a
Happy Holly Days

Icon 99 posted      Profile for Santa Mari-a     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I got the Teddy Stallings story again today. I'm surprised, teaching in a Christian school, that I don't get glurged more often. I didn't send the Snopes page back to the sender, because even if the story isn't factual, I agree with the sentiment behind it--teachers need to be on the lookout for real-life "Teddys" and help them.

--------------------
Si hoc comprehendere potes, gratias age magistro Latinae.

Posts: 1720 | From: Charlottesville, VA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Esprise Me

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Esprise Me     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ooooh, I've got a list here...
I'm a waitress and a writing major, and I hate the one about the word "tip" originating as an acronym for "to insure promptness." When I was training for my current job, they actually had that, along with a number of other howlers, printed in the manual.
Don't know if this qualifies as an "urban legend," but the whole conspiracy notion that Courtney Love killed Kurt Cobain really grates on me. I was in a bar (in Boston) with my friend one night, and we got to talking with a British Naval officer who brought this up. I rolled my eyes and said, "I suppose you believe the one about astronauts never having landed on the moon, also." My friend said, "Well, actually..." and the two of them got into a long, involved discussion about gravity and flags blowing...I had to leave.
The email pleas from alleged cancer patients (who get three cents or two minutes of operation time for every person this message is sent to) drive me nuts. I saw through them when I first started getting them, when I was about fourteen. I replied to my friends with a point-by-point debunking, but I don't think any of them listened.
I have a friend who constantly emails me health/safety warnings, which invariably turn out to be ULs. I always reply with a link to a snopes page that debunks the myth, but so far she hasn't a) started checking these stories before mass-mailing them out, or b) taken me off her distribution list. It's very annoying.
My high school History teacher distributed that list of etymologies of words and phrases from the 15th century, and my Islam professor told us the one about Bush saying the French don't have a word for "entrepreneur." (Really, the guy says enough stupid things on his own; why do we need to put more dumb words in his mouth?) I think both of them should be fired.
I'm going to bed now, but I'm sure I'll lie awake half the night thinking of others.

--------------------
"If God wrote it, the grammar must be infallible. Perhaps it is we who are mistaken." -MapleLeaf

Posts: 977 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
robbiev - singin' off key
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robbiev - singin' off key   Author's Homepage   E-mail robbiev - singin' off key   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spam & Cookies-mmm:
I'm really tired of the "Pepsi hates the Pledge" story. I keep getting this email from the same people, and I keep emailing them the snopes page. They say "oh, I'm glad it's not true", then send me the email again a few months later.

Please please please, somebody buy these people a brain.

Same here. I got into an argument not long ago with a girl at my church about this. Her only argument was "I've seen it" repeated over and over. I asked her several times what she had seen, but she wouldn't answer me.

I tried to explain that it was a UL from several years ago, and that the Dr. Pepper company had even issued a statement about it. I was told, "I don't care what you can prove. You're wrong." Think about how stupid that statement is.

She also said that "God was the most important thing in her life, and when somebody leaves him out, even in the smallest way, it's important to me" when I tried to explain that they didn't "leave God out", they only printed 3 words from the pledge, and that's not the same as printing the entire pledge and leaving out only the word "God".

That one along with the "O'Hair Removes All Christian Programming" rumor drives me up a wall.

When I ask people how she is doing it, considering she died in the 90's, no one ever has an answer, but they keep rambling on about it.

And, same again on the "same email from the same people" statement. I don't even reply any more. It does no good.

--------------------
Every time I see a good looking woman, I think, "0oooh. There's another one I'll never have!"

Corvette. The louder you scream, the faster I'll go.

Posts: 1820 | From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Buzzkiller
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buzzkiller   E-mail Buzzkiller       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't believe it: people are still forwarding the five-year-old story about a man named Jim Neugent who wrote an angry letter to ABC about an episode of "The Practice" and received an really obnoxious reply from an ABC employee. Even more than an out-and-out lie, that story annoys me because it's true, but people only tell the part of the story that gets everyone all outraged, but leave the fact that the man who wrote the Christian-bashing email to Neugent was not an ABC exec but merely the webmaster (who shouldn't have received the letter to begin with), and that Neugent actually received a very apologetic letter from the ABC brass, and that the offensive webmaster was actually fired for his indiscretion (I got that last tidbit not from Snopes but from Truthminers.com. (I am in no way suggesting that that site is even close to Snopes in quality...but when I am refuting a UL with a church friend, I sometimes use that site along with ULRP since it is written from a Christian perspective.)

My Christian friends are usually hesitant to acknowledge one additional thing about the ABC/Practice story: that Neugent's original email was obnoxious as hell.

Posts: 207 | From: Alabama | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
00-Saleen
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00-Saleen     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Greetings all:

As a professional dog handler, I'm sick of the one about drug dogs being addicted to drugs. GRR! They're just like any other dog trained to hunt--find the right scent, get a reward.

I also had to deal with that ignorant one about the pull tabs in college. I can't beleive people in an HONORS fraternity fell for that one. (And, of course, didn't want to listen when I referred them to snopes. [dunce]

Posts: 239 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 506 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A few years ago, I tried to convince someone that the Pinky Lee 'quote' "That'll hold the little bastards!" was a UL, but Mr. Know-it-all insisted it was true because he'd heard it on one of Kermit Schaefer's albums. [Roll Eyes] I didn't even attempt to tell him that many of Schaefer's 'bloopers' were made up of whole cloth specifically for the albums.

Dawn--I couldn't really get in word in edgewise--Storm

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MissEltoe

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissEltoe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fitz:
I also hear often the one about Missy Elliot saying that she'd rather kill her child than have whites listen to her music.

And you know why that's definitely not true? It's Lauryn Hill that supposedly said this, not Missy Elliot. Missy doesn't even have kids.

--------------------
Licorice of the Lord! This is classy stuff...Should I be wearing a tie? Or, at least, pants?
~I'mNotDedalus

Posts: 975 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nocturnal Emissions Test
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nocturnal Emissions Test     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
'deodorant causes cancer'

--------------------
Danielle

Posts: 282 | From: Muggy Chicago | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SiriusSnape
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiriusSnape   E-mail SiriusSnape   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Cow tipping. Many people here claim to have gone out and done this.

--------------------
All fiction is cultural history.
All history is cultural fiction.

Posts: 292 | From: Greenville, North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bored and Dangerous
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bored and Dangerous   Author's Homepage   E-mail Bored and Dangerous   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I hear the one about a girl child being named "Female" all the time. Gets on my nerves to have to tell people over and over that this isn't true.

--------------------
My blog

Watch?? I'm gonna pray, man! Know any good religions?--Zaphod Beeblebrox

Posts: 2366 | From: Harrisonburg, Virginia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Panda_Marie

quote:
Originally posted by Bored and Dangerous:
I hear the one about a girl child being named "Female" all the time. Gets on my nerves to have to tell people over and over that this isn't true.

Actually, my sister is a teacher, and there is a set of twins at her school, a boy and a girl, named Female (fe-mal-e) and Male (mal-e).

Cute kids...apparently crazy mother.

Top Kat
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Top Kat   E-mail Top Kat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DawnStorm:
A few years ago, I tried to convince someone that the Pinky Lee 'quote' "That'll hold the little bastards!" was a UL, but Mr. Know-it-all insisted it was true because he'd heard it on one of Kermit Schaefer's albums. [Roll Eyes] I didn't even attempt to tell him that many of Schaefer's 'bloopers' were made up of whole cloth specifically for the albums.

Dawn--I couldn't really get in word in edgewise--Storm

Just curious--how do we know the Blooper records are fake? It's mentioned several times on the site, but I couldn't find a source.
Posts: 264 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bad Ronald

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bad Ronald   E-mail Bad Ronald   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Panda_Marie:
quote:

Actually, my sister is a teacher, and there is a set of twins at her school, a boy and a girl, named Female (fe-mal-e) and Male (mal-e).

BWHA-HA-HA-HA!!!

--------------------
Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on.
Winston Churchill

Posts: 821 | From: Delaware | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
sully61
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sully61   E-mail sully61   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What makes me crazy is the friend who will send this crap on to me and others - knowing there are two of us who are going to call her on it. Would it be that hard to friggin' look it up already?

--------------------
Follow the yellow brick road.

Posts: 273 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
OldTread
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OldTread   E-mail OldTread   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have to go with any of the ... send this to X # of people and you will A:) Have Bill gates send you thousands of $$ or B:) Have any wish come true this week

--------------------
Paper...the environmental choice...
Trees are a renewable rescource

Posts: 302 | From: Jonesboro, LA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
I'm 20th Century Fox
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I'm 20th Century Fox   Author's Homepage   E-mail I'm 20th Century Fox   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't know if this qualifies as an Urban Legend, but supposedly, per one of my friends, if a Southern woman wants to cut/insult you, she'll do it by saying "And how's your Mama?" in a sickly-sweet voice.

I have NEVER heard this used, but this friend swears that's how we do it in the South. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
When my chin is on the ground I pick myself up, dust myself off and start all over again.

Posts: 1765 | From: Greensboro, NC | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Elwood
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elwood   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Penny Brown is missing, because it's going around again with fury from everywhere, particularly within my company.

Aspartame, 'cause my brother believes it and is even nervous about spenda.

Forward to enough people and get x, 'cause damn, who is stupid enough to think that would work?

--------------------
"If I didn't see it and didn't know it was a real news report, I wouldn't believe it. I mean, how nutty can you get?"-Pat Robertson Oct 26, 2006.

Posts: 2936 | From: Mean Streets of West Virginia | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ParaDiddle
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ParaDiddle   E-mail ParaDiddle       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

Remember, this is the ULMB. Have you researched this claim? I know you love your sister, but try to think of it objectively.

If you met my sister and she mentioned some of the names she's seen during her employment at the County Welfare office, you'd ask her for proof.

Ask your sister to show some verification.

- P

Posts: 1856 | From: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Grand Illusion
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grand Illusion   Author's Homepage   E-mail Grand Illusion   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Pastors during sermons who pass off UL's as if it happened to them. If you've been going to church a lot, you will have heard of some of them.

- Coverting an atheist to Christianity who sits next to him on a flight.

- Pastor picks up hitchhiker in a town he's visiting and it turns out that he's the guy that the local congregation had been praying for earler because he was leaving his wife today. Pastor convinces him to go back home.

- Missionary family finds a chihuahua while in Mexico and it's really a rat.

- Lady from his congregation who lost her contact lens while climbing and an ant finds it.

...shall I continue?

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.

"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?" - The Brain

Posts: 587 | From: Colorado | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Panda_Marie

quote:
Originally posted by ParaDiddle:
quote:
quote:

Remember, this is the ULMB. Have you researched this claim? I know you love your sister, but try to think of it objectively.

If you met my sister and she mentioned some of the names she's seen during her employment at the County Welfare office, you'd ask her for proof.

Ask your sister to show some verification.

- P

Welp, both my mother and I have met the boy.

My sister teaches kids with more extreme learning disabilities (not really mentally retarded, just slower than the average kid, and they need more special attention sometimes).

When my mother and I were visiting my sister a couple of years ago, we both went and visited her classroom.

The little boy was an absolute sweetheart, and I guess the girl is as well (we didn't get to meet her, but did talk to another teacher that has her in class). Apparently, though, their mother really is nuts, and even put up a huge fight in the beginning when the school insisted that he needed to be in the Special Education program. It is a good thing that she finally agreed, because now he's florishing quite well, and even back in the mainstream program.

Like I said, he just needed some special attention.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages