snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Politics Archive » Gold Star Mothers - Latest "Hillary Is Evil"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gold Star Mothers - Latest "Hillary Is Evil"
marimba
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 19 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I got this in email from a friend who can always be trusted to forward this kind of crap, with an exhortation to FORWARD it to AS MANY PEOPLE as POSSIBLE!!!!!! (Message follows)

--------------------------------------------------
You really should be sitting down when you read this one.

Gold Star Mothers is an organization made up of women whose sons were killed in military combat during service in the United States armed forces.

Recently a delegation of New York State Gold Star Mothers made a trip to Washington, DC to discuss various concerns with their elected representatives. According to published reports, there was only one politician who refused to meet with these ladies.

Do you know anyone serving in the Senate who has never showed anything but contempt for our military? Do you happen to know the name of any politician in Washington who's husband once wrote of his loathing for the military?

Now you're getting warm! You got it! None other than the Queen herself, Hillary Clinton. She refused repeated requests to meet with the Gold Star Mothers

Now -- please don't tell me you're surprised.

This woman wants to be president of the United States --- and there is a huge percentage of voters who are eager to help her achieve that goal.

Sincerely, Cdr. Hamilton McWhorter USN (ret)

PS: Please forward this to as many people as you can. We don't want this woman to even think of running for President.

May you sleep in peace always...and please...hug or thank a Veteran for
that privilege.

Think about this one !!!

Don't forget, our girl, Hillary Rodham Clinton, as a New York Senator, now comes under this fancy Congressional Retirement and Staffing Plan.

It's common knowledge that, in order for her to establish NYS residency, they purchased a million+ dollar house in upscale Chappaqua, NY. Makes sense. Now, they are entitled to Secret Service protection for life.

Still makes sense. Here is where it becomes interesting. The mortgage payments hover at about $10,000 per month. BUT, an extra residency had to
be built within the acreage in order to house the Secret Service agents. The Clinton's now charge the Secret Service $10,000 monthly rent for the use of said Secret service residence and that rent is just about equal to their mortgage payment, meaning that we, the tax payers, are paying the Clinton's mortgage, their transportation, their safety and security, their 12 man staff, and it's all perfectly legal.

How many people can YOU send this to?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Eowyn's Gold Toes

Icon 02 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh please. The Gold Star Mothers dropped by unannounced and without an appointment on a day Hillary was out of the office. The whole thing is a lame attempt at discrediting her exacerbated by idiot right wing commentators and people who are too quick with the "forward" button

:-)

I believe the stuff about the Secret Service rent thing is untrue as well. But don't know offhand the explanation.

Remember- if you receive anything regarding the Clintons that seems sensationalistic or outrageous, it's probably untrue. At least, 9 times out of 10

gold "sick of lies" toes

ps- (edit) I'm not directing this at you! promise! I noted that you called it "crap" LOL but this thing just won't die!!! LOL

BoKu
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 01 posted      Profile for BoKu   Author's Homepage   E-mail BoKu   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by marimba:
Well, I guess I could have saved us a little time on research...

Uh huh.

Bob "" K.

Posts: 2079 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Midway Bilbo

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Anyone else notice how effectively the death of Buddy has been shooed from the media?

Midway "the Chappaqua Hillbillies" Bill

Psihala
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Psihala   E-mail Psihala   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Anyone else notice how effectively the death of Buddy has been shooed from the media?

Because the Enron, John Walker Lindh, and Afghanistan stories are more news worthy?

~Psihala
(*Was never very good at pop quizez.)

--------------------
StealthPost™

Posts: 3020 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cool Hand Luke

quote:
Originally posted by Midway Bilbo:

What Psihala said and also because it isn't news and never was. Animals get run over all the time in this country, but because it was an ex-president's dog, it makes it news? IMO, that's what's called a very slow news day.

Cool "There's no conspiracy either" Hand Luke

PatYoung
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 01 posted      Profile for PatYoung   E-mail PatYoung   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
We go down to D.C. all the time for Congressional visits. We always plan well in advance with letters requesting appointments and follow-up phone calls. What the Gold Stars did is known as a "drop-by". When you do this, you're lucky to speak to an intern or receptionist.
Even with a lot of advance work it is very difficult to talk to a Senator from one of the big ten states. Hillary represents 18,000,000 people for crying out loud and we consider ourselves very lucky if she or Schumer (or D'Amato or Moynihan before them) can take time out to see us.
In addition, Congresspeople don't spend all their time in D.C., especially if they are from a nearby state like NY. As good pols, they are back at home stroking the voters as often as possible. An even when in DC they spend a lot of time in committee or on the floor of the House or Senate.

--------------------
pat "Megadittoes Rush" young

THUMP, THUMP, THUMP

Posts: 5442 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DoubleD

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Midway Bilbo:

Buddy knew something about Clinton's Enron ties. I thought everyone knew that. So Slick Willie had him silenced.

Seriously - I agree with the above post: anytime you see something sensationalistic about the Clintons, especially in a "glurgey" thing like this one, red flags should go up like crazy.

Anyone ever heard the ones about Hillary being a lesbian? I used to see that one from time to time back when Clinton was Prez.

Midway Bilbo

quote:
Originally posted by DoubleD:
Buddy knew something about Clinton's Enron ties. I thought everyone knew that. So Slick Willie had him silenced.

Dang! I knew it was something like that! And I predict the Weekly World News will be the only media outlet with the cojones to print the truth!

Midway "Chelsea pregnant with clone of Bill" Bill

pinqy
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pinqy   E-mail pinqy   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I had suspected that Buddy knew too much and that's why he was silenced. But then somebody pointed out an important fact:

Buddy was a Labrador...Labs have never been accused of "knowing too much." The opposite, in fact.

pinqy

--------------------
Don't Forget!
Winter Solstice Hanukkah Christmas Kwanzaa & Gurnenthar's Ascendance Are Coming!

Posts: 8671 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
wring

Icon 02 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I got that one from a cyber pal of mine, with the admonition to 'forward it on ASAP'.

Within seconds of it hitting my box, I'd sent her the link to snopes' page on that one.

and, she then turned around and sent off another email to her list saying "well, I guess it's not true, but it sure sounds like her!"

there's not enough of these in the world for that :

Hell's Granny
Xboxing Day

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Hell's Granny   Author's Homepage   E-mail Hell's Granny   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DoubleD:
Anyone ever heard the ones about Hillary being a lesbian? I used to see that one from time to time back when Clinton was Prez.

Yes, so did I - and the one about how she was also a cannabalistic child-abusing Satanist (and I'm not making that up!)

--------------------
Oakleaf Circle - Elfin Magical Diary-Transit: the astrologers' newsletter

Posts: 1304 | From: South-West Scotland | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages