snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Religion Archive » PROCTOR & GAMBLE deal w/devil

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PROCTOR & GAMBLE deal w/devil
jft02
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think it was the early to-mid eighties. A close family friend called us excitedly to turn on the televison A.S.A.P. For whatever reason we were too late doing it, but our friend was supposedly watching an interview being help with a top exec. from Proctor & Gamble. In the interview he admitted that the little emblem used on all P&G products involving a circle with stars and a 1/2 moon face on it was the result of making a deal with the devil that the company would be successful and make millions of dollars. I don't recall the show it was on, and did not get too see it myself to validate (no reason to not believe our friend-making up stories was not their thing). It did cause something of an uproar because people were boycotting the P&G products. Does anyone know if this was true? (The interview?)
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kathy B
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathy B     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
One of the classic ULs. Goes back at least to the 1980s. See Trade Mark of the Devil
Posts: 4255 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jft02
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
thanks for information!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages