snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » NFBSK Archive » Orgasm by radio

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Orgasm by radio
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 16 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I work in car audio sales and was told that somewhere on the east coast a
scientist found that a 110 lb woman will recieve an orgasm if you play a
tone of 33hz. I also read on the internet that some people in california
found this out. Having worked in broadcasting I would think this was
hogwash.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Don Enrico
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Enrico   E-mail Don Enrico   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Without having worked in broadcasting, so would I. One zhing sticks out: If a deep sound could have that effect, what would the weight of the person exposed to it have to do with that?

--------------------
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling, but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places. - Pooh Bear

Posts: 2209 | From: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
moruti
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
There's a scene in Howard Stern's "Private Parts" that shows a woman having an orgasm buy sitting on her speakers, but I'd take that with a grain of salt.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jaime Vargas Sanchez
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaime Vargas Sanchez   E-mail Jaime Vargas Sanchez   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If that were true, this device would make really happy female guitar players [Big Grin] .

Jaime

--------------------
"Everyone has problems. They only vary in design" - Mama Duck

Posts: 4988 | From: Spain | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AdmiralDinty
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AdmiralDinty   E-mail AdmiralDinty   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jaime Vargas Sanchez:
If that were true, this device would make really happy female guitar players [Big Grin] .

Jaime

It's fitting that the company's motto is "Go solo with confidence." [Wink]

--------------------
"I wanna bite the hand that feeds me. I wanna bite that hand so badly. I wanna make them wish they'd never seen me." - Elvis Costello

Posts: 2291 | From: The Banks of the Merrimack, MA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pseudo_Croat
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pseudo_Croat   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pseudo_Croat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Anythng that vibrates can give you an O if you stick it in the right place. [Big Grin]

- Pseudo "good vibrations" Croat

--------------------
"At all events, people who deny the influence of smaller nations should remember that the Croats have the rest of us by the throats." - Norman Davies, Europe: A History

God wants spiritual fruits, not religious nuts.

Posts: 4578 | From: Sunrise, FL | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bonnie

Icon 09 posted      Profile for Bonnie   E-mail Bonnie       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This was shared on the UL list several years ago,

quote:
Hertz So Good

[Women] can have spontaneous orgasms from bottom-heavy music. Or so say DJs in the drum-and-bass scene, who drew our attention to a certain Project Q. Supposedly conducted in Daytona Beach in the mid-Nineties, Project Q was a series of tests to determine if a specific audio frequency could cause orgasms in women. A self-consciously shadowy character from within the Florida bass scene -- who offered to send reams of data -- says that 50 women were subjected to bass frequencies ranging from five hertz to 50 Hz. According to him, "33 Hz provided sensations in the test subjects that were off the charts." (There's even a band named 33 Hz. Its EP, aptly enough, is called All the Hoes.) Malcolm Crocker, professor at Auburn University and editor-in-chief of both The Encyclopedia of Acoustics (John Wiley) and the International Sound and Vibration Digest is intrigued by the idea. "The human body is like any system -- it has natural frequencies. Your body is going to vibrate when there a lot of intense sound waves. If the note -- jet noise or a loudspeaker -- is at the same frequency as the natural frequency of part of the body, then there can be a lot of vibration. That's what we call resonance. We know 10 cycles or oscillations per second, which is a pretty low frequency, is the frequency of some of the organs of the body. So anything like that sounds possible, yes. The only way you could find out would be to do experiments on volunteers. Sounds strange and sort of interesting."

Anon., "Playboy after hours," Playboy, Jan 2001, pp. 33-34.

The frequency at which this physiological response is alleged to take place is apparently known (by some) as the "QC Factor,"

quote:
The QC factor? "The QC factor," asserts Billy E. In the mid-1990s, audio installers at spring break in Daytona Beach conducted informal tests inside a Honda Accord boom-car. The goal was to determine if a frequency existed that would send a woman inside a bass vehicle into spontaneous orgasm. After testing more than 50 female volunteers, the QC Factor was found to be precisely 33 Hz.
-- Bonnie

--------------------
Se non è vero, è ben trovato.

Posts: -99014 | From: Chapel Hill, North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jaime Vargas Sanchez
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaime Vargas Sanchez   E-mail Jaime Vargas Sanchez   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Great. So there's a whole new reason for all the idiot kids with more money than sense to install insanely powerful subwoofers in their "tuned" cars. [Roll Eyes]

Jaime

--------------------
"Everyone has problems. They only vary in design" - Mama Duck

Posts: 4988 | From: Spain | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dogwater
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogwater   E-mail Dogwater   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Great. So there's a whole new reason for all the idiot kids with more money than sense to install insanely powerful subwoofers in their "tuned" cars.

Jaime

Hell, there's now a whole new reason for this idiot ADULT with more money than sense to install insanely powerful subwoofers in his "tuned" car. [lol]

--------------------
As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Posts: 1679 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Greg of Winter
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg of Winter   E-mail Greg of Winter   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So would you call this "The Pink Noise?"

/watches way too much South Park.

--------------------
Meanwhile, at stately Wayne Manor...

Posts: 1316 | From: Oregon | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dinner Theater

From a friend:

quote:
And an EA/6B (type of military fixed wing aircraft) has been known to make women that work on the flightdeck orgasm prior to take off.

jumpinjonflash2

quote:
Originally posted by Dinner Theater:
From a friend:

quote:
And an EA/6B (type of military fixed wing aircraft) has been known to make women that work on the flightdeck orgasm prior to take off.

But some women will go off just seeing a guy in uniform, or at least the guys in uniform have said this.
Davros
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Davros   Author's Homepage   E-mail Davros   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Greg of Winter:
So would you call this "The Pink Noise?"

/watches way too much South Park.

i was thinking of the Brown note also
so could we get the pink note broadcast world wide
dav(hilarity to ensue)ros

--------------------
Wake up --- time to die
So I'm Evil Get over it

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people

Posts: 1551 | From: NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ranran yousei

Just wanted to point this out, and ask the age old question "wtf?".

quote:
Originally posted by Bonnie:
quote:
(There's even a band named 33 Hz. Its EP, aptly enough, is called All the Hoes.)

"Aptly enough"? Call it the feminist in me, blame sleep deprivation.. whatever... but I found that somewhat appalling. Referring to band that names themselves after a phenomenon in question, and then calling the women "hoes" just because it would seem that they are susceptible to a certain vibration, willing or not, does not seem "apt" to me.

At least, I gleaned that implication from that statement. Maybe I just need some sleep....

(Not blaming Bonnie, but rather the original author.)

[/hijack] [/soapbox]

Ok, proceed as usual. I got that off my chest. I'll go sleep now, and hopefully not cringe at my words tomorrow.

DemonWolf
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DemonWolf     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pseudo_Croat:
Anythng that vibrates can give you an O if you stick it in the right place. [Big Grin]

- Pseudo "good vibrations" Croat

This post just made me think the line from Meet The Parents, "I have nipples, greg. Do you think you could milk me?" [Big Grin]

--------------------
Friends are like skittles: they come in many colors, and some are fruity!

IMJW-052804

Posts: 7224 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bonnie

Icon 600 posted      Profile for Bonnie   E-mail Bonnie       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
"Aptly enough"? Call it the feminist in me, blame sleep deprivation.. whatever... but I found that somewhat appalling.
Well, that bit -- written by an unidentified author -- appeared in Playboy, after all.

quote:
Referring to band that names themselves after a phenomenon in question, and then calling the women "hoes" just because it would seem that they are susceptible to a certain vibration, willing or not, does not seem "apt" to me.
Yeah, maybe the band's just into gardening.

Bonnie "rakish behavior" Taylor

[By the way, for those interested, here's the band's website. And you can listen to "All the Hoes" here.]

--------------------

Posts: -99014 | From: Chapel Hill, North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DesertRat
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DesertRat     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Which is just as well, because most male EA-6B pilots are sterile after a few years. (Not to mention they tend to play wayyyyy too much Dungeons and Dragons to be interested in women.)

--------------------
High on the wind, the Highland drums begin to roll, and something from the past just comes and stares into my soul... --Mark Knopfler

Posts: 3402 | From: New Bern, NC | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LtColCarter
Raiders of the Lost Shark

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LtColCarter     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jumpinjonflash2:
quote:
Originally posted by Dinner Theater:
From a friend:

quote:

But some women will go off just seeing a guy in uniform, or at least the guys in uniform have said this.
Wellnow, both of those statements are very interesting..... [lol]

--------------------
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage. Lao Tzu

Posts: 1544 | From: Northern California | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
RoofingGuy
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RoofingGuy     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Are you looking for a transfer to the flightdeck, LtColCarter? [Wink]
Posts: 724 | From: Ontario, CAN | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LtColCarter

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LtColCarter     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Been there, done that, got the T-shirt, Roofing Guy. I was a pilot in the US Air Force, but I gotta say neither one of the above situations threw me the Big O! [lol]

--------------------
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage. Lao Tzu

Posts: 1544 | From: Northern California | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
RoofingGuy
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RoofingGuy     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, at least you don't seem to be hunting me down for teasing you [Big Grin]
Posts: 724 | From: Ontario, CAN | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LtColCarter

Hey, are you following me? [Big Grin]

--------------------

RoofingGuy
The First USA Noel

No, I just don't sleep :yawn:
The Phantom Phreak
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Phantom Phreak   Author's Homepage   E-mail The Phantom Phreak   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Go on then, someone post a sound clip of the tone....

--------------------
We have just gotten a wake-up call from the Nintendo Generation!

Posts: 225 | From: New York, no grass... | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wizard of Yendor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wizard of Yendor   E-mail Wizard of Yendor   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Here goes. No guarantees on the quality though. It's barely audible on my computer, which doesn't currently have a bass speaker.
Posts: 2352 | From: California | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kris Holmes

From a non-woman point of view, or hear, I think the annyoing qualities of that sound would be off putting enough to prevent anything exciting from happening...
The Phantom Phreak
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Phantom Phreak   Author's Homepage   E-mail The Phantom Phreak   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
www.bid-tv.net/33hz.mp3

Increased volume

--------------------
We have just gotten a wake-up call from the Nintendo Generation!

Posts: 225 | From: New York, no grass... | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
vanilla

Icon 08 posted      Profile for vanilla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Phantom Phreak:
www.bid-tv.net/33hz.mp3

Oh! Oh yes...oh gawd....Oh! Oh! OH. MY. GAW-

Yeah. Doesn't work here either.

--------------------
I swear, it was funnier in my head.
Yeah, I used to be pink. vanilla_pink.

Posts: 2493 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
M. J. Wise

It's worth noting, to reproduce 33Hz well, you've got to have a pretty good sub. Your bog-standard speakers attached to your computer aren't going to give you good reproduction of 33Hz (if any at all). It's often as much a physical vibration as it is an audible sound at that frequency.
Bonnie

Icon 08 posted      Profile for Bonnie   E-mail Bonnie       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
And don't forget the boom car.

Bonnie "sound advice" Taylor

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages