snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » NFBSK Archive » Does masturbation cause blindness? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Does masturbation cause blindness?
Crazy Jake
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 19 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ok he said if you....well...how should i put this... choke the chicken, bob the boa, flog the hog, wax the dolphin... MASTURBATE to much you can go blind

[Confused] Is it true? [Confused]

[ 13. June 2004, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: Jenn ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenn   E-mail Jenn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
No, it's not true.

--------------------
"You're the opposite of troll. It's a compliment!"

Posts: 12086 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DarkDan
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkDan   Author's Homepage   E-mail DarkDan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I heard masturbation lessens your chance of prostate cancer. There was a thread on here about it before.

--------------------
Missing snopesters | snopesters Facebook group | SLC Birthdays | What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?
"Gonna free fall out into nothing, gonna leave this world for a while" --Tom Petty

Posts: 3698 | From: Philadelphia, PA or >Tinton Falls, NJ< | Registered: Oct 1492  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SlinkyBinky

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes it does. Or at least it weakens your sight so much you can't tell whether or not pictures on the internet are real.
Morrison's Longhaired Himalayan Cat

It's true. If you ejaculate forcefully enough to hit your eye at 50mph or more (it can happen, usually Jenna Jameson tapes are involved) you can dislodge your cornea. That's the part of the eyaball you need for - like - seeing.

So I'd consider wearing some kind of goggles, you can order good quality industrial grade protection goggles from catalogues - the kind that steelworkers use. You may feel a bit silly sporting them while slapping the one eyed snake, but they will soon become a natural part of your auto-erotic activities.

--- G.

chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When I was a boy my dad caught me. He said to me, "son, if you keep doing that, you're going to go blind." And I said, "dad, I'm over here."

--------------------
Come on, come on - spin a little tighter
Come on, come on - and the world's a little brighter

Posts: 5595 | From: Columbus, OH : The Soccer Capital of America | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
dahdoll
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dahdoll   Author's Homepage   E-mail dahdoll   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My father told my son that if he masturbated he would go blind. He told him just to do as he did...whack it until he needed glasses.

--------------------
"A bad acid trip does not a religion make" A friend commenting on another friend's religious charisma after a bad trip

Posts: 232 | From: NW Florida Home of the Airbrushed T-Shirts | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I was gonna say "only if your aim is bad," but Morrison beat me to it...

Uh, so to speak....

--------------------
"No hard feelin's and HOPpy New Year!"--Walt Kelly
Hear what you're missing: ARTC podcasts! http://artcpodcast.org/

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think repetitive stress syndrome is a significant risk, though. Especially if the masturbator also plays a lot of tennis.

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I remember the kids being threatened in Catholic school by the nuns with this weird theology: "If you touch yourselves, the saints cry."

I guess famine and war does nothing to saints. But touch yourself once, Whoa!!!

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pak Protector

Really, now. If it were true, would anyone have been able to respond to the question?

Kinda reminds me of a sign I saw while horseback riding once:
"If you can't read this sign, you're going too fast."

W. Fikere Tomba

Does what cause blindness? Sorry, for some reason I can't read the words very well. Mutation? Micturation? Dammit! Is my monitor conking out on me?
diddy
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diddy   E-mail diddy   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by W. Fikere Tomba:
Does what cause blindness? Sorry, for some reason I can't read the words very well. Mutation? Micturation? Dammit! Is my monitor conking out on me?

ROTFLMAO!!!

I love it! Classic

--------------------
W.W.F.S.M.D?
But this image of Bush as some sort of Snidely Whiplash tying the fair maiden to the railroad tracks is beyond the pale. - Joe Bentley

Posts: 2311 | From: Minnnesota | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Barbara R.
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbara R.   E-mail Barbara R.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Masturbation cannot cause blindness. That's an old Victorian myth. They made it up so that kids wouldn't do it. They were afraid that if a child masturbated too much he would end up "over-sexed" and a libertine.

When I was a child and my mom caught me touching myself, she would merely say, "Don't do that. That's nasty!" While it's not as mythical and silly as saying masturbation can cause blindness, it leaves the child with the misguided notion that his/her "private parts" are nasty.

Barbara

Posts: 378 | From: Boonville, Missouri USA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lulu the Black Mage

Well, if you have your face over your penis when you ejaculate (or you somehow can suck your own cock)....then yeah. That stuff tastes and is like Salt Water.

What?

Davros
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Davros   Author's Homepage   E-mail Davros   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
sort of on topic
but funny in a sick and depraved way
not safe for work not safe for young children

The following site contains potentially offensive material. If you are offended at all by:
full nudity (both sexes)
images of sex involving consenting adults
images of sex involving only one person
risque humour
human secretions of any kind
this is NOT the site for you.

sexy losers mike's left hand

dav(i love Hard's work)ros

--------------------
Wake up --- time to die
So I'm Evil Get over it

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people

Posts: 1551 | From: NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wizard of Yendor

Icon 37 posted      Profile for Wizard of Yendor   E-mail Wizard of Yendor   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You might want to point out that it's a cartoon before anyone gets too woried... or disapointed.

It's funny though, I agree.

Posts: 2352 | From: California | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Davros
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Davros   Author's Homepage   E-mail Davros   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
i did think about saying it was a cartoon but
i thought it could be a suprise

--------------------
Wake up --- time to die
So I'm Evil Get over it

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people

Posts: 1551 | From: NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
the Virgin Marrya

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Virgin Marrya     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You know, if masturbation is making you blind...you're probably not doing it right.

--------------------
Windows cannot open this file. To open this file correctly, defenestrate, then try running the file again...

Posts: 5383 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Friend of a Man's Best Friend

It is true that if you ask enough idiotarian questions, you'll go stupid.
DemonWolf

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DemonWolf     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm surprised noone posted this already -

-

--------------------
Friends are like skittles: they come in many colors, and some are fruity!

IMJW-052804

Posts: 7224 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
For no reason, I am reminded of a time when my son was about fifteen, and the two of us decided to go explore the Okefenokee Swamp.

We were rattlin' down the asphalt, when we came upon a sign that gave us both pause:

quote:

BLIND BUS DRIVERS TURN HERE

My son asked, "How would they know?"

But I couldn't answer him. I was too busy looking out for buses on the highway.

--------------------
"No hard feelin's and HOPpy New Year!"--Walt Kelly
Hear what you're missing: ARTC podcasts! http://artcpodcast.org/

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TheBobo

Icon 06 posted      Profile for TheBobo   Author's Homepage   E-mail TheBobo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DemonWolf:
I'm surprised noone posted this already -

-

Damn I have killed a lot of cats in my lifetime.

--------------------
The views expressed in the above Post does not necessarily reflect those of snopes,The Infopoop Corporation,the Internet or most of society for that matter.

Posts: 2474 | From: Scranton, PA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What the heck are those things about to kill the kitten??!!

Going blind..really...how silly...everyone knows it's your palms grow hair from doing it....

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wild.Otaku
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wild.Otaku   Author's Homepage   E-mail Wild.Otaku   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Okay, dumb question: what are the things chasing the kittens. And I don't think it's true because Penny (resident kitten) is still alive..damn..(not to say that we want her dead, just that we'd like her to shut up when she's in heat!)

--------------------
Tom, we're flying a giant robot into space! "Safe" isn't the first word that springs to mind! - Colleen, Last Hope, Vol.2

Posts: 2710 | From: Meet me in St. Louis | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Tea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Tea   E-mail Jay Tea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
 -

--------------------
This is where I come up with something right? Something really clever...

Posts: 6552 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm

Icon 05 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TrishDaDish:

Mutant Klondike bars?

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Friend of a Man's Best Friend

^25 points^
Rhiandmoi

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhiandmoi   E-mail Rhiandmoi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Barbara R.:
Masturbation cannot cause blindness. That's an old Victorian myth. They made it up so that kids wouldn't do it. They were afraid that if a child masturbated too much he would end up "over-sexed" and a libertine.

When I was a child and my mom caught me touching myself, she would merely say, "Don't do that. That's nasty!" While it's not as mythical and silly as saying masturbation can cause blindness, it leaves the child with the misguided notion that his/her "private parts" are nasty.

Barbara

I thought that the source of this myth was that Chlamydia causes blindness especially when transfered from the hand to the eye. And it gets on the hand when you, you know, masturbate. So its not really masturbating that causes the blindness but the not washing your hands before you touch your face.

--------------------
I think that hyperbole is the single greatest factor contributing to the decline of society. - My friend Pat.

What is .02 worth?

Posts: 8745 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Saraquill

quote:
Originally posted by TrishDaDish:

Going blind..really...how silly...everyone knows it's your palms grow hair from doing it....

That would be a couple of Doumo-kuns, Main character from a popular Japanese kid's show called "Doumo-kun's World." I saw a couple of episodes and found it disturbing.
Carthage
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carthage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The critter in the kitten pic seems to be a Domo-kun.

--------------------
No offense was intended. Any resemblance to any offence, alive or dead, is purely coincidental.

Posts: 289 | From: Taiwan | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TheBobo

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBobo   Author's Homepage   E-mail TheBobo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
o dp mot nelieve ,asternatiop caises b;indness1

--------------------
The views expressed in the above Post does not necessarily reflect those of snopes,The Infopoop Corporation,the Internet or most of society for that matter.

Posts: 2474 | From: Scranton, PA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BoboPussy:
o dp mot nelieve ,asternatiop caises b;indness1

Nah, what it causes is dyslexia.

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wild.Otaku
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wild.Otaku   Author's Homepage   E-mail Wild.Otaku   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Carthage:
The critter in the kitten pic seems to be a Domo-kun.

So someone went and made Domokun evil! How horrible. *sigh* now I have to get Domokun stuff because it's so cute.

--------------------
Tom, we're flying a giant robot into space! "Safe" isn't the first word that springs to mind! - Colleen, Last Hope, Vol.2

Posts: 2710 | From: Meet me in St. Louis | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Oualawouzou
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oualawouzou     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I can picture some guy getting a little overzealous, slipping and punching himself in the eye.

Come to think of it, that's a funny visual. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Le champignon arrive.

Posts: 4372 | From: Quebec | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages