snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » NFBSK Archive » Tossing the salad

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tossing the salad
TheBobo
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 86 posted      Profile for TheBobo   Author's Homepage   E-mail TheBobo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have been wondering the origin of the term "tossing the salad". I tend to believe it came to be in the mid-90's from an HBO special/documentary about prison life. In this particular episode an inmate said that those who like to lick anothers anus is 'tossing the salad'. It seemed after this show many were using this phrase. I never heard it before that. I remember at work co-workers would say to one another if you like to toss the salad. When the person didn't know what this meant it was explained to them. Somehow the conversation would go back to that show.
The phrase has been used,since the mid 90's, in films and comedy acts so it is now part of the lexicon.
I guess I could always go to Wordorigin.com and check there if no one knows it here.

--------------------
The views expressed in the above Post does not necessarily reflect those of snopes,The Infopoop Corporation,the Internet or most of society for that matter.

Posts: 2474 | From: Scranton, PA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cokomon
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 05 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think that you are right. I have also heard that it is a term for the licking of an individual's anus.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Harry 20

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
http://www.snopes.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=16;t=000676
Pseudo_Croat
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 37 posted      Profile for Pseudo_Croat   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pseudo_Croat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So, why is it called a "tossed salad" when it (supposedly) tastes nothing at all like salad or salad dressing? Not that I'd ever try it. Eeeew.

- Pseudo "would rather kiss one than lick one" Croat

--------------------
"At all events, people who deny the influence of smaller nations should remember that the Croats have the rest of us by the throats." - Norman Davies, Europe: A History

God wants spiritual fruits, not religious nuts.

Posts: 4578 | From: Sunrise, FL | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
STF
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 01 posted      Profile for STF   Author's Homepage   E-mail STF   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pseudo_Croat:
So, why is it called a "tossed salad" when it (supposedly) tastes nothing at all like salad or salad dressing? Not that I'd ever try it. Eeeew.

I really want to say something here, but I better not. Oh wait, maybe I've already said too much.

Anyhow back to the OP I have never understood that term. I don't know how that act got named "tossing the salad." It makes no sense to me either.

--------------------
STF on MySpace

Posts: 5186 | From: Coweta County, GA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TheBobo
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 103 posted      Profile for TheBobo   Author's Homepage   E-mail TheBobo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pseudo_Croat:

I always thought about that too. I assume the hairy ass could be construed as a 'salad'. This is why "tossing the salad" usually refers to doing it to another man. It is usally a gay act then a woman doing to a man or a man to a woman. Because I believe the term may have orginated from that HBO special is why it refers to two men.

I remember years ago reading in a mens magazine a term for analingus was called "cleaning the kitchen". I have never heard that phrase used since. Diffrent folks I bring it up to never heard it either. Possibly the magazine coined it on the spot. I do remember telling my boss at this restaurant I worked at what "cleaning the kitchen meant. He was fascinated with it. When this pretty waitress was leaving for the day he asked her if she was going to clean the kitchen when she got home. She quickly chimed "I love to clean the kitchen especially with my mom"( [Razz] ). We were hysterical! I don't recall if we ever told this poor girl what it meant.

The"can dingleberries be considered croutons?"Bobo

--------------------
The views expressed in the above Post does not necessarily reflect those of snopes,The Infopoop Corporation,the Internet or most of society for that matter.

Posts: 2474 | From: Scranton, PA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Otter of our Discontent

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I never saw the original HBO special, but Chris Rock did a bit on it in his act.

He quoted the Tossed Salad Man: "havin' your asshole eaten out with jelly or syrup."

I had heard of a rimjob prior, but I think that was the first time I heard of a Tossed Salad.

Maybe just regular ass-licking is a rimjob, while the jelly and syrup makes it a tossed salad, because it's like adding salad dressing to a salad?

JpnDude
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 37 posted      Profile for JpnDude   E-mail JpnDude   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So, would felching be considered a tossed salad with dressing? I know, I know. [fish]

JpnDude

Posts: 64 | From: Tokyo, Japan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 01 posted      Profile for trollface   Author's Homepage   E-mail trollface   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Homestar:
well, everyone knows what a gorilla salad is... [Roll Eyes]

I know what the Gorilla Position is, but have never heard of that one.

--------------------
seriously , everyone on here , just trys to give someone crap about something they do !! , its shitting me to tears.

Posts: 16061 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages