snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » NFBSK Archive » Make Room for Prostitutes.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Make Room for Prostitutes.
Pickle for sale
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 19 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I recently heard from another website that Danny Thomas of the 'Make Room for Daddy' fame would hire prostitutes and make them defecate on glass tables while he watched underneath (yeah, I know). I was wondering, not only if this is true, but has anyone even heard this before or is one of Hollywood's secrets?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
r.d. Plissken

Icon 22 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It was really Jackie Gleason and when they did it he would say "Hominahominahomiahomina".
Spam & Cookies-mmm
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by r.d. Plissken:
It was really Jackie Gleason and when they did it he would say "Hominahominahomiahomina".

You mean Danny would call Jackie and not a prostitute?

--------------------
Did you see the Announcement?
There's a new snopes message board!

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tootsie Plunkette
Buy a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella

Icon 37 posted      Profile for Tootsie Plunkette   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I recall a fictional character in some work of "literature" (mainstream, yes) doing that; (un)fortunately, I don't recall the title, but it's not a recent book. And the character wasn't Danny Thomas!

--------------------
--Tootsie

Posts: 5017 | From: Greater Seattle | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
r.d. Plissken

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spam & Cookies-mmm:
quote:
Originally posted by r.d. Plissken:

You mean Danny would call Jackie and not a prostitute?
Whatever makes the image funnier.
BrianB
Happy Holly Days

Icon 606 posted      Profile for BrianB   E-mail BrianB   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tootssssssie Plunkette:
I recall a fictional character in some work of "literature" (mainstream, yes) doing that; (un)fortunately, I don't recall the title, but it's not a recent book. And the character wasn't Danny Thomas!

If I remember correctly it was Portnoy's Complaint. However, I haven't read it since I was 13 so my memory might be playing tricks on me.
Brian

--------------------
"Dear Big Foot Smellers: Please don't quote me on some of this information." John F. Winston

Posts: 1707 | From: Camarillo, CA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tootsie Plunkette
Buy a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella

Icon 03 posted      Profile for Tootsie Plunkette   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, I think you're right!

--------------------
--Tootsie

Posts: 5017 | From: Greater Seattle | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lapis Lazuli
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Lapis Lazuli     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
For what it's worth, I know there was mention of this practice in Gabrielle Lavallée's book, "L'Alliance de la Brebis" (I'm not sure what the English title is). Roch Thériault, the leader of the cult, forced one of the female members to do this. (the book did recall actual events, though that doesn't automatically mean this really happened.)

--------------------
Your pants will be legendary, even in Hell.

Posts: 113 | From: Ottawa | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Johnny Slick
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Johnny Slick   E-mail Johnny Slick   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've heard this rumor, but associated with 1970s vocal jazz ensemble The Manhattan Transfer.

John Craven

--------------------
Give big space to the festive dog that makes sport in roadway. Avoid entanglement of dog with wheel spokes.

Posts: 4267 | From: Seattle | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
r.d. Plissken

Icon 22 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
How about Leon Redbone?
Red Squirrel
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 601 posted      Profile for Red Squirrel   E-mail Red Squirrel   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The other side of the subject- Noddy Holler (or however it's spelt) from the 70's band Slade said in an interview recently that he was on of the people that defeaceted on the sheet of glass above clients wanting that sort of thing. He said it paid the rent.

--------------------
The Sqizzle formally known as Lexi

Posts: 3231 | From: Nottingham, UK | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
dewey
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 01 posted      Profile for dewey   E-mail dewey   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You bring to mind one of my favorite lines in a novel. In "The Choirboys" one cop is passed out under a glass coffee table. A female cop, wearing only a short bathrobe, sits on the table. The drunk cop wakes up and starts licking the bottom of the the table top. A third cop refers to the incident as "trying to eat pressed ham through the wrapper".

dew"a mental picture is worth 1000 words"ey

Posts: 2413 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BlueStar
Happy Holly Days

Icon 02 posted      Profile for BlueStar     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Theres a letter in a viz issue I have from a few years ago that goes like this.

quote:

Dear Letterbocks,

The other day my wife called me an 'animal'. I'd like to know what kind of animal would be able to lie under a glass table and masturbate while her sister shits on top of it.

Posts: 1710 | From: Newcastle, UK | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
JpnDude
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 01 posted      Profile for JpnDude   E-mail JpnDude   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pickle for sale:
...would hire prostitutes and make them defecate on glass tables while he watched underneath

Uhmm, ugh... well this is a not-so-uncommon fetish for quite a few Japanese men, except that there is no glass table involved. [Big Grin]

JpnDude

Posts: 64 | From: Tokyo, Japan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages