snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » NFBSK Archive » Empress Wu Hu

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Empress Wu Hu
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 206 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Dr Susan Block and others spread this tale

quote:

One of history's most flamboyant human recipients [of cunnilingus] was
the notorious Empress Wu Hu, who ruled China during the T'ang Dynasty, and
decreed that all visiting dignitaries pay homage to her Imperial Highness
by performing cunnilingus upon her royal puss. Old paintings depict Wu Hu
holding her big robe open, as some nobleman kneels before her, lavishly
applying his lips to the imperial pleasure palace between her legs. Old paintings depict Wu Hu holding her big robe open, as some nobleman kneels before her, lavishly applying his lips to the imperial pleasure palace between her legs. Maybe that’s where we got the expression "sucking up to royalty."

(Excerpted from http://www.drsusanblock.com/editorial/cunn.htm )

But the story itself isn't found in any written histories from the Tang
Dynasty, and I have yet to see any of these alleged old paintings. Could
you please help put a stop to this silliness?

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kate
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Kate   E-mail Kate   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
There was an Empress Wu in the Tang Dynasty (the first female ruler), but her given name was originally Zhao (Chau in Wade-Giles) and was changed to Ze-tian (Tzu-t'ien) after she became empress. It was never Hu.

She started off as a concubine and various nasty things were said about her once she ascended the throne, mostly to do with the upset of the natural order of things arising from a woman becoming a ruler over men, but as far as I know there were no particular stories about sex, oral or otherwise.

I'd put this one down to romanticisation of the Mystic Orient.

Kate

Posts: 2451 | From: Hong Kong/Cairns | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tier-Rex
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Does the suppossed name strike anyone else as decidedly jokey? Wu Hu (WooHoo)?

Tier " I have a friend called 'Bigus Dickus' " Rex

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 14 posted      Profile for trollface   Author's Homepage   E-mail trollface   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That's just what I was thinking. I mean, you do get funny names, but this one seems little too appropriate.

--------------------
seriously , everyone on here , just trys to give someone crap about something they do !! , its shitting me to tears.

Posts: 16061 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Witchfinder General

Occasionally there are odd names in other languages (I suspect English has a few innocent words of its own too)...

I'm trying to think of some of the semi-humorous sounding Chinese names I've come across, I think Hung Lam or something like that was one, and there was supposed to be others that sound close to F*ing and Wanking, but I don't speak much non-vulgar Chinese and don't know if they're apocryphal.

JK "Mongo is the Mongolian Currency" Will

Otter the Klown

There's an authentic Chinese restaurant in Portland, Oregon, called Hung Far Low.
LittleDuck
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 01 posted      Profile for LittleDuck   E-mail LittleDuck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Otter the Klown:
There's an authentic Chinese restaurant in Portland, Oregon, called Hung Far Low.

Paraphrase Wayne's World: "I'll have the cream of sum yung gouy." Hell, if I was royal I'd demand stuff like that too...Don't think I'd change my name to "Woo Hoo" though. Duck is good enough for me. It rhymes with a nice word and on keyboards is one click away from a faux pas. And that happens...

Little "haha" Duck

--------------------
"Silly customer, you cannot hurt a Twinkie." -Apu (The Simpsons)

Posts: 2026 | From: 10 miles South of Boston | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ms Stressa, Nobody's Clown

Icon 98 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tier-Rex:
Does the suppossed name strike anyone else as decidedly jokey? Wu Hu (WooHoo)?

Tier " I have a friend called 'Bigus Dickus' " Rex

It would only be funnier if she were Empress Poon, of the Tang Dynesty. (ba-dum-PAH!)

[fish] [fish] oh, I kill myself! [fish] [fish]

Seriously, she was a cunning ruler! - Stressa [lol]
(A groan is as good as a laugh)

First Amongst Daves
Deck the Malls

Icon 01 posted      Profile for First Amongst Daves   Author's Homepage   E-mail First Amongst Daves   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have seen a similar story, but it wasn't Empress Wu Hu, but Pu Si. Say it out aloud.

This name is a little bit more clever than Wu Hu, because it is very similar to the name of the Last Emperor of China, Pu Yi.

--------------------
Dave's boards:

incandescent

Posts: 255 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Green Fool

quote:
Originally posted by Otter the Klown:

I've been there!

It's in Portland's CREEPY Chinatown district.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages