snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Horrors Archive » MUNG

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MUNG
No Fun Noodle
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 86 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Is this disgusting fetish real or just made up? I don't see how anyone could POSSIBLY do such a thing!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Definition, please.

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
No Fun Noodle

Icon 86 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh dear god, I was hoping I would not have to explain, since its bad. Not just bad, real bad. Really, really bad. Here, I'll set up a barrier. If you really wish to know just scroll down.
Mung is a supposedly a term used to describe the foulest of necrophilic acts. It can mean many nasty things a person can do to a corpse in the name of love, but the most common definition seems to be imbibing the bodily fluids from the genital orifice of a very ripe female. This is usually done with the help a of a friend pushing down on said corpse to get all the 'mung' juice out.

My Stressa Valentine

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Huh. And I'd only heard it referred to as a slang term for female genital secretions of living people. That I believe is the most common definition.

And the description you have written sounds unlikely to happen very commonly. Besides being dangerous, and wrong, it sounds like something more talked about than practiced.

I'm feeling old, and somewhat pure right now - Stressa

No Fun Noodle

I meant the most common definition in necro circles.
No Fun Noodle

As far as the most common definition for sane people its a hacker term I think.
My Stressa Valentine

Well, I have grave doubts about my sanity, but I don't hang in necro circles, and I knew of the term in the connotation I mentioned long before there were hackers (unless you were talking the original computer geeks at Big Blue, NASA, etc.)

I'm not insane but I am old - Stressa

No Fun Noodle

I never get these boards. No matter WHAT you post turns into a rousing game of "I'm L33ter than thou!" As somebody launches into a jihadal tirade to discredit everything you say. Everything is under the magnifying glass and if you mention one thing thats factual basis is off kilter you get tossed into the 'rubes' pile. In other words, who really cares what it really means?! I was just bringing up one of the things it COULD mean.
Kel

Icon 217 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by No Fun Noodle:
I never get these boards. No matter WHAT you post turns into a rousing game of "I'm L33ter than thou!" As somebody launches into a jihadal tirade to discredit everything you say. Everything is under the magnifying glass and if you mention one thing thats factual basis is off kilter you get tossed into the 'rubes' pile. In other words, who really cares what it really means?! I was just bringing up one of the things it COULD mean.

Well, I don't think that any offense was meant... people were just bringing up where they had heard the term before.

I thought "mung" was just a Wayne's World term for something completely disgusting...

See, I learned something.

Wizard of Yendor
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wizard of Yendor   E-mail Wizard of Yendor   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It all seemed pretty on topic to me. Unless someone knows of a case of it happening, this is about the only can of info you can expect. And myself, I'm hoping nobody does know of a case of this happening.
Posts: 2352 | From: California | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
My Stressa Valentine

A jihadal tirade? Hmmmm, didn't think I had the energy to pull that off so early in the morning!

I meant no offense by my post, I was merely pointing out what I believe is one of the better-known definitions of this term. You posted about sanity and hacker definitions, I updated saying the word had been around for some time, and that I am not 100% sane. No attack on you, joke on me...okay? I would no more claim I was "l33t" than I would claim I was Peggy Fleming.

As for your original question, again, I doubt it happens very often, if at all; if you could cite any cases other than people talking about it online, that would make me think it was more likely. I have recently read an interview with a woman who was a self-proclaimed necrophiliac (and she has served time in prison for her practices); personally I do not condone what she does as a corpse can't consent.

I hope this is helpful. - Stressa

Danvers Carew
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Danvers Carew         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
For the sake of interest, here's what my trusty dictionary of slang says about 'mung':

mung n.1 [20C] a brief glance, a search.
mung n.2 [1980s+] (US Campus) filth or dirt of any kind [note computer jargon mung, to destroy maliciously, to ruin]
mung adj. [mid-late 19C] (US) untrue, false, usu. in journ. context. [SE/dial. mong, a mixture, a confusion.
mung v. [19C] (tramp) to beg.

Sense 2 seems to be the most closely related to the OP's definition. I would doubt the act is common enough in reality to warrant its own slang term among knowing practioners.

--------------------
Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.

Posts: 2372 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Tea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Tea   E-mail Jay Tea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
mung /muhng/ vt. [in 1960 at MIT, `Mash Until No Good'; sometime after that the derivation from the recursive acronym `Mung Until No Good' became standard; but see munge] 1. To make changes to a file, esp. large-scale and irrevocable changes. See BLT. 2. To destroy, usually accidentally, occasionally maliciously. The system only mungs things maliciously; this is a consequence of Finagle's Law. See scribble, mangle, trash, nuke. Reports from Usenet suggest that the pronunciation /muhnj/ is now usual in speech, but the spelling `mung' is still common in program comments (compare the widespread confusion over the proper spelling of kluge). 3. The kind of beans the sprouts of which are used in Chinese food. (That's their real name! Mung beans! Really!)
Like many early hacker terms, this one seems to have originated at TMRC; it was already in use there in 1958. Peter Samson (compiler of the original TMRC lexicon) thinks it may originally have been onomatopoeic for the sound of a relay spring (contact) being twanged. However, it is known that during the World Wars, `mung' was U.S. army slang for the ersatz creamed chipped beef better known as `SOS', and it seems quite likely that the word in fact goes back to Scots-dialect munge.

--------------------
This is where I come up with something right? Something really clever...

Posts: 6552 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GameSix

Icon 19 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by No Fun Noodle
the most common definition seems to be imbibing the bodily fluids from the genital orifice of a very ripe female. This is usually done with the help a of a friend pushing down on said corpse to get all the 'mung' juice out.

Ah, so South Park only told half of the definition.

TB Tabby
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TB Tabby   E-mail TB Tabby   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ugh. I try not to judge other people's fetishes (as a practicing furry, macro/microphile, and maieusophile, it'd be hypocritical of me), but that...I simply cannot imagine how ANYBODY could get aroused by it.

-TB "So what was that green stuff the Neanderthals ate on Cro?" Tabby

--------------------
I like to go down to the playground and watch the kids run and jump and scream, because they don't know I'm only using blanks.

Posts: 942 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
StarlandVocalBand

None of those necrophiliac definitions for "squick", "mung", etc., represent the earliest use of the word. In fact, I question whether any of them are used by actual necrophiliacs--they all seem to come from rotten.com or South Park or other places like that.

TB Tabbie, what on earth is a "maieusophile"? I may be sorry I asked, but Google's never heard of it.

My Stressa Valentine

quote:
Originally posted by StarlandVocalBand:
None of those necrophiliac definitions for "squick", "mung", etc., represent the earliest use of the word. In fact, I question whether any of them are used by actual necrophiliacs--they all seem to come from rotten.com or South Park or other places like that.

I'm sure I don't want to know, but what is the necrophiliac definition of "squick"?

In the BDSM community, it is frequently used to describe an area that is a limit or is ooky (for lack of a better term), as in, "Argh, needleplay is squicky for me." or "While I respect someones right to be an adult baby, for me it is a big squick."

And I'm already feeling squicky about the answer to my question - Stressa

schemmy
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for schemmy   Author's Homepage   E-mail schemmy   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by My Stressa Valentine:
"While I respect someones right to be an adult baby, for me it is a big squick."

Still annoyed at that guy?

-schemmy "does it come in baby blue?"

--------------------
a real one-man army, huh? | Bad Beat Baseball Blog

Posts: 1222 | From: Lafayette, LA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
StarlandVocalBand

People claim that the "real" meaning of "squick" is "to have intimate congress with a skull".

It seems far more likely to me that it's a portmanteau of "squeamish" and "ick", and it's generally used to mean "goes beyone my limit of tolerance for grossness or discomfort".

My Stressa Valentine

Icon 98 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by schemmy:
quote:
Originally posted by My Stressa Valentine:
"While I respect someones right to be an adult baby, for me it is a big squick."

Still annoyed at that guy?

-schemmy "does it come in baby blue?"

YOMANK!!! Oh jeez - my LJ and snopes lives collide. Whew. [fish]

I haven't seen rudebaby since the ill-fated presentation, but I'm sure my blood pressure will spike if I do see him again (I'm doing a presentation in June, so there's a good chance of it). Goes with the territory!

And now, back to the topic -Stressa

schemmy
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for schemmy   Author's Homepage   E-mail schemmy   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Geez, I got two YOMANKs in one day. I'm so proud.

--------------------
a real one-man army, huh? | Bad Beat Baseball Blog

Posts: 1222 | From: Lafayette, LA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TB Tabby
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TB Tabby   E-mail TB Tabby   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by StarlandVocalBand:

TB Tabbie, what on earth is a "maieusophile"? I may be sorry I asked, but Google's never heard of it.

I like pregnant women.

--------------------
I like to go down to the playground and watch the kids run and jump and scream, because they don't know I'm only using blanks.

Posts: 942 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ya Soshla S Uma

Hey Taylor, so your a furry? I watched a CSI that focused on Plushies and furries and didn't know if it was real or not. But after seeing "Cats" numerous times, well, I can see the attraction and I may be temped by one of them very easily. I wanted to google the term but it is kind of scary when it deals with fetishisms. Uh, Is that a word?

Ya Soshla S Uma

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages