snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Horrors Archive » toxic jelly blobs that fell from the sky

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: toxic jelly blobs that fell from the sky
Jolypha
Deck the Malls

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Jolypha   E-mail Jolypha   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I was watching TLC or TDC on these tiny jelly blobs that fell from the sky sometime during the past decade. The substance was toxic to animals if consumed, and at least one human death was blamed on the stuff. The government and military denied dropping anyting (year right)and some group said maybe it was jellyfish dropping from the sky out of a tornado. Um, ok.
That theory was put to rest for several reasons.
Does anybody know where this took place?

Posts: 377 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nibiru
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 22 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I saw a story about this on Unsolved Mysteries.

I ran a search on Yahoo on "toxic jelly blobs" and found this page: http://www.mt.net/~watcher/blobs.html . The page says the incident happened in Oakville, Washington. There's a transcript of the Unsolved Mysteries segment down the page, under "Military Conducting Biological Warfare".

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
felineki

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I also saw the Unsolved Mysteries episode on this, it was really weird.

The government said it was bits & pieces of a scghool of jellyfish that were blown up by a bomb in the ocean. Yeah, right...

Blue Jeans, Queen of the Wuzzles

Icon 22 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I found a chapter on it in my favorite book, Strange and Unexplained Phenomena...

This so called "star jelly", better know as Pwdre ser (Welsh for "rot from the stars") has been around for years. In 1541 the poet Sir John Suckling wrote a poem about it, as did writer John Dryden in 1679.
Some other explinations are bird vomit or nostoc, a blue green algae. Some scientists are quite sure it's a species of "gelatinous fungus", and viewers were mistaken in the idea it fell from the sky.

blue "and there's more, but this is basically the most interesting" jeans

YumYumCaraBoo

quote:
Originally posted by Blue Jeans, Queen of the Wuzzles:
I found a chapter on it in my favorite book, Strange and Unexplained Phenomena...

who wrote that...i love books like that!

oh rosa i will play

Who the NFBSK would take something strange, out of the sky or no out of the sky, and put it in their mouth? YIK!

Reminds me of our old building manager: There was this puddle on the rug from the front door, halfway through the lobby. I watched while she reached down, stuck her finger in it, then put her finger in her mouth to find out what it was. Now, that's bad enough, but where we lived it was a regular thing to call the cops to have them peel the junkies off the stoop so we could get out and go to work. Or come in the door to go home.

Rosa de Bleaugh

fastcreeper

Icon 19 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The blue blobs have a simple if aweful explanation. It is usually a result of leaky seals on an older aircraft. The blue blobs are entirely of human origin. Very human origin... The blue blobs are the solution that the "by-products" of the passengers on the aircraft. The seals on the aircraft drain woll occasionally leak and teh material will leak out an run down the side of the aircraft. When too much builds up or the aircraft descends out of the bitterly cold upper atmosphere and it thaws and falls off. Thus, as it thaws and is not water, it passes through a jelly state that it is usually found in.
fastcreeper

Icon 19 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The blue blobs have a simple if aweful explanation. It is usually a result of leaky seals on an older aircraft. The blue blobs are entirely of human origin. Very human origin... The blue blobs are the solution that the "by-products" of the passengers on the aircraft. The seals on the aircraft drain woll occasionally leak and teh material will leak out an run down the side of the aircraft. When too much builds up or the aircraft descends out of the bitterly cold upper atmosphere and it thaws and falls off. Thus, as it thaws and is not water, it passes through a jelly state that it is usually found in.
Jolypha
Deck the Malls

Icon 07 posted      Profile for Jolypha   E-mail Jolypha   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This was tested and the properties weren't that of human feces or urine. Or so I thought.
Posts: 377 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages