snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Inboxer Rebellion Archive » AT&T Fraud Alert

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: AT&T Fraud Alert
the gefilte-ity
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 601 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I got this happy little message when I signed on today. Just thought I'd share.

quote:
AT&T became aware of a fraudulent email scam involving a bogus email message sent to AT&T customers. The email address includes "att-global.com," and the email message itself states that AT&T needs certain information from customers in order to verify billing records. This message is unauthorized and should be disregarded. The requested information includes items such as social security number, credit card numbers, birth dates, mother's maiden name (a key password verification question) and "driver's licence" (spelled incorrectly). AT&T Security has traced the fraudulent messages to an international email address known for this type of fraud, and has shut it down. However, customers should be aware that the bogus operation could resurface elsewhere. If any AT&T customer receives an email message that has "att-global.com" in the address and requests verification of billing data, they should not respond with any information whatsoever. Instead, they should forward the fraudulent email message to AT&T Security at security@att.com

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kjbrasda
Happy Holly Days

Icon 01 posted      Profile for kjbrasda   Author's Homepage   E-mail kjbrasda   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
yep, i got that too. hope no one fell for it [Frown]

edit: er, i mean fell for the scam described. the alert is real.

--------------------
"Long ago, when we all lived in the forest..."
Who are you? Who? Who?

Posts: 1587 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages