snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Wild Kingdom » Family Stops Using Front Door to Avoid Giant Spider (Page 0)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Family Stops Using Front Door to Avoid Giant Spider
Pondicherry Pi
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pondicherry Pi   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pondicherry Pi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A giant spider would probably not only prevent me from using my front porch, but also probably my house!

I'm fascinated by spiders... from a distance.

--------------------
If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats. - Lemony Snicket

What the NFBSK is Glurge? Or, a link to Snopes Lingo

Posts: 218 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ryda Wong, EBfCo.
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   E-mail Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by frogpond:
I've heard them called garden spiders, and holy *#@$ as well by various people.

[Big Grin]

There was one living for a season behind our trailer when I was a kid. My bro and I started giving her small grasshoppers and insects, and she got to where, I swear to god, she would vibrate in her web when she "heard" our footsteps. Not my mom's, not my dad's. Ours.

She was awesome. We also observed her offspring emerging and dispersing. Too cool.

--------------------
So many spankings! It feels so good! But at the same time, I don't care about meeting your family! - I'mNotDedalus:

Posts: 3216 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
notorious fluffy g
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for notorious fluffy g   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
we had a very large yellow orb spider on our porch last year- she stayed for about a month-this year we had another large spider, but we still used the door--the wasps scare me a lot more than any spider

http://www.mdc.mo.gov/nathis/arthopo/mospider/images/spider4.jpg

--------------------
"Reading and writing, arithmetic and grammar do not constitute education, any more than a knife, fork and spoon constitute a dinner."

* Sir John Lubbock

Posts: 76 | From: Clarksburg, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MizzyLou
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MizzyLou     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
We get quite a few Wolf Spiders around here. Last week we found a dead one on the patio and DD took it to school. They freak me out because they're huge and hairy with intelligent-looking little eyes and big fangs. Once I found one the size of my open hand. They also fascinate me because the females carry their egg sacs around with them and can be very aggressive when defending them. They also carry their babies on their backs for quite awhile. Very cool to have around, and not particularly poisonous. The second pic on the link looks more like the stocky ones we have around here.
Posts: 264 | From: South Dakota | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brillo Bee
Wii Three Kings

Icon 22 posted      Profile for Brillo Bee     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I like spiders a lot, but for some reason they creep me out if in the bathroom and really creep me out if in the bathtub. So I have an agreement with the spiders in my home-- they can live anywhere outside the bathroom undisturbed. Spiders in the bathtub are killed immediately. Spiders in the bathroom, but outside the bathtub are given a three-day notice. After three days, they are ushered out (or killed if they are not easily ushered). If at any time they move into the bathtub, they waive their 3-day grace period and are killed immediately.

I know it's irrational, but that is my policy.
[Big Grin]
Bee

ETA: parenthesis

--------------------
People do not wish to appear foolish; to avoid the appearance of foolishness, they are willing to remain actually fools. -Alice Walker

Posts: 335 | From: Minnesota | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
CitizenAim
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CitizenAim   Author's Homepage   E-mail CitizenAim   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My dad worked for the cable company up until a few years ago when he retired. There were several buildings with satellites and cable receivers that he'd have to travel around to--this was all part of his job.

One time he had to go to one that had been abandoned for quite a while and could not even get inside. Spiders had made their home there and the entire place was infested with them. This story wouldn't be so incredible if not for the fact that the radiation emitted from the devices in the building had made the spiders into mutants, ranging anywhere from 5x to 20x their original size. I guess no one believed him at first, since it does have the makings of a really cheesy horror B-movie, but then some other people went out there and saw it firsthand too.

That's pretty gross.

Posts: 146 | From: Columbia, SC | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tagurit
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 301 posted      Profile for tagurit   E-mail tagurit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ryda Wong:
We called those garden spiders.

Jeeze. I don't know if my folks taught me the right name for anything.

We called them garden spiders too. That's the orb weaver I blame for scaring the bejeesus out of me as a child. If you google garden spider, you'll find out that we're not alone. It is the common garden spider.

--------------------
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet
---
AAMAH

Posts: 8532 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tagurit

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tagurit   E-mail tagurit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Else, Citizen, the spiders had the time and freedom to grow to their full maturity. The black widows I saw in California were not all that big, considering...

...considering the humongous one that we found in the garage while I was moving out! HUGE!

--------------------
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet
---
AAMAH

Posts: 8532 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
CitizenAim
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CitizenAim   Author's Homepage   E-mail CitizenAim   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tagurit:
Else, Citizen, the spiders had the time and freedom to grow to their full maturity. The black widows I saw in California were not all that big, considering...

...considering the humongous one that we found in the garage while I was moving out! HUGE!

I'd believe that too. I never saw these spiders and after I posted I tried searching online for anything regarding insect growth + radiation but I don't think that's something that's going to be well-documented.

We had a garden spider in my backyard when I was a kid that built its web on the 1-2' sideframe of my swingset. I was in "Charlotte's Web" fantasy mode and would occasionally talk to it. I finally got restless with it after a few weeks (maybe months, I don't remember) and destroyed half of its web with a stick. My mom has told she remembers seeing me screaming and running towards the back patio as it scattered behind me. She said it took half a can of Raid to kill it.

What's amusing to me is that I am not the least bit scared of spiders today.

I don't even think I can imagine an enormous black widow spider though. Not that I have seen many, but the ones I have seen were probably no bigger than someone's fingertip.

Posts: 146 | From: Columbia, SC | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MissEltoe
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissEltoe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't even know why I came into this thread, I have some serious arachnaphobia... I didn't click on the link in the OP because I was afraid there would be a picture.

All I know is if there is anything creepy-crawly around I stay away from the area so I can relate. I'm getting all itchy and I keep looking around thinking there is something near me so now that I've added my 2¢ I'm leaving before something crawls on me.

--------------------
Licorice of the Lord! This is classy stuff...Should I be wearing a tie? Or, at least, pants?
~I'mNotDedalus

Posts: 975 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My reaction to the OP is "Why is this a news item?"

I guess because a banana spider (as we call them here) isn't normally found up north?

Yeah, they get big, but they're quite impressive and common. We saw hundreds of them under one roof in Costa Rica. (I have to go far into the rainforest to encounter bugs that start to freak me out!)

However, I agree with Spam & Cookies that advertising our giant spiders is another good way to keep Yankees out of Florida. [Wink]

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My dad didn't want us killing spiders, especially daddy longlegs. The agreement in family is usually that if you stay up on the wall, especially above eye leve, we'll leave you alone. Come down on the floor, furniture, counter, fixtures, etc., and you're toast.

I had a wolf spider on the wall of my bedroom in the first apartment I lived in after my divorce. I went upstairs and told the maintenance man. He told me it wouldn't hurt me and I should just smush it. I went back to my apartment, but before I got the courage to face the thing, the maintenance man knocked on my door -- he'd told his wife what I'd wanted and she made him come down and kill the spider for me. [lol]

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
christmas tree kitapper
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for christmas tree kitapper     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Here in Tucson during the monsoon is when the tarantulas come out and some guests get upset when they find them wandering around the property. Some of them go practically into hysterics when we won't kill them (we move them into the brush). I think they've watched too many horror movies and think they're deadly.

--------------------
"I have never in my life been more disappointed by a politician I voted for than I have been with George Bush. He is a total liberal."- overheard by me on the shuttle to the U of A game on Nov. 11th.

Posts: 3878 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
serarose
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for serarose   E-mail serarose   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Like several others snopesters, I have a spider policy, even though I'm a total arachnophobe. If the spider is someplace that I'm not in often (like the attic, basement, etc.) it can live and spin its webs and all the good stuff; I won't bother in. If, however, it makes it's residence in a place I frequent, it's toast. Sounds fair to me [Big Grin]

--------------------
The important thing is not to stop questioning- Einstein

Posts: 290 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MizzyLou
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MizzyLou     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow, I thought I was the only one with an official Spider Policy. I guess maybe everyone has one.

I used to get completely hysterical at the sight of any spider, but then I decided that wasn't at all rational, especially since they are preferable to the bugs they kill.

Spider Policy:
Spiders may live in any room of the house except bedrooms. Spiders found in bedrooms will be put out.

Spiders residing in rooms beside the bedrooms are required to build a web and STAY IN IT at all times.

Hunting-type spiders that do not build webs (ex: wolf spiders and jumping spiders) will be put out.

Big freaky spiders of any kind will be put out.

Those found outside of their webs will be put out.

Any spider that moves too fast, gets on me, rushes toward me, or is found in a bed will be squashed (although I'll feel guilty later).

Posts: 264 | From: South Dakota | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
serarose
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for serarose   E-mail serarose   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow, MizzyLou, you're way more lenient in your policy than I am [Smile]

--------------------
The important thing is not to stop questioning- Einstein

Posts: 290 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sue Bee
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sue Bee     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I ususally use the catch and release policy on indoor 6-8 legged critters, until this time of year when they start coming inside in droves. Then I use the Hoover policy.

But the 4 legged critters have to deal with Miss Kitty.

Posts: 1596 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Troberg
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troberg     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm all for being nice to animals, but being held hostage in their own house by an effing spider? Spray it.

--------------------
/Troberg

Posts: 4360 | From: Borlänge, Sweden | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Xia
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xia   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I like spiders, as long as they stay off of me and out of my house. [Big Grin] If I see any in the house, I call my dog. She thinks they're tasty...

There are a bunch of really neat spiders near the canal by my house. Mostly orb spiders but another type as well. There's a fence next to the canal and hundreds of spiders build webs there. Some of the orb spiders and webs are huge! We used to have a really large one that would build a web around our front porch or bushes every night... Unfortunately half the time it'd build across the walkway at the bottom of the front steps, bleh. I think it stayed about a month or so, but then we had the bushes cut down and never saw it again.

--------------------
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Posts: 2110 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Pikey Snow Queen
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Pikey Snow Queen   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lainie:
My dad didn't want us killing spiders, especially daddy longlegs.

Interested to know what a daddy longlegs is in the US, in the UK it's the common name for a crane fly.

--------------------
Brosandi. Hendumst í hringi
Höldumst í hendur
Allur heimurinn óskýr
Nema þú stendur

Posts: 694 | From: York, UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Elwood
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elwood   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
U.S. Daddy Longlegs: http://www.wnrmag.com/stories/2000/jun00/daddy.htm

Spiders are welcome to live on my house. In the house they'd better stay mostly out of sight. Dangling on a silk rope from the ceiling gets the death penalty, as does setting up shot in a doorway that I need to get through.

Outside spiders can do whatever they want, though building a web too close to the ground is not wise. Chances are, Mr. T, the hunter cat will kill and eat it. On Sunday, he killed a bird, a groud mole, a praying mantis and lord knows what else. I honestly think he may have stopped eating cat food entirely. His brother Zark, OTOH, never kills anything. He'll playfull chose a butterfly, but he doesn't seem to have the desire, will, or even ability to actually take another creature out.

--------------------
"If I didn't see it and didn't know it was a real news report, I wouldn't believe it. I mean, how nutty can you get?"-Pat Robertson Oct 26, 2006.

Posts: 2936 | From: Mean Streets of West Virginia | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
put it in writing
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for put it in writing   Author's Homepage   E-mail put it in writing       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Chalk me up as another Floridian saying, "this is news?" That's just a banana spider - pretty, common, and harmless. There's been at least a dozen on my mom's front porch over the course of this summer.

Now, I'll admit that when you're tromping through the woods in the middle of the night and run face first into one of their massive webs, it can be a scary moment. But to be afraid to use the front door? Stay up north, family.

--------------------
and it's 1 - 2 - 3, what are we fighting for? don't ask me, I don't give a damn

Posts: 1319 | From: Florida | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Elwood:
U.S. Daddy Longlegs: http://www.wnrmag.com/stories/2000/jun00/daddy.htm ....

And I hope that everyone observes that the U.S. variety of Daddy Longlegs, as that article notes, is neither an insect nor a spider.

It is a kind of primitive elephant.

--------------------
"No hard feelin's and HOPpy New Year!"--Walt Kelly
Hear what you're missing: ARTC podcasts! http://artcpodcast.org/

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
magpie
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for magpie   E-mail magpie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I once stopped using my car for a week because there was a spider in it. I guess I should have called the local news too?
Posts: 439 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
We have a big-ass brown spider (not a brown recluse, not a wolf spider- just a fairly common brown spider) outside our back door. We turn on the light in the evenings to give her a feeding. The other day, I walked out at 330 AM with the dogs and walked right into the web. Apparently, our little guest saw fit to spread the web across to the other side of the roof overhang. I had the total freak-out spider-dance (in the dark, with two leashes in my hands). Since then, the spider has kept the web to the other side of the door.

I don't know what I'd do with a six-inch spider around here. I'd probably never leave the house.

My spider policy is "live and let live" unless you land on me or I can see visible hair on your legs. (because if you're big enough to have hair, you're too big- er, in spider-size that is).

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Frog_Feathers:
.....My spider policy is "live and let live" unless you land on me or I can see visible hair on your legs. (because if you're big enough to have hair, you're too big- er, in spider-size that is).

Just to clarify, in case we ever do meet, that DOES only apply to spiders, right?

--------------------

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, just the spiders. The mammals in our house live safely and peacefully. [Wink]

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Pikey Snow Queen
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Pikey Snow Queen   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Elwood:
U.S. Daddy Longlegs: http://www.wnrmag.com/stories/2000/jun00/daddy.htm

Ah! A harvestman spider. [Big Grin] I was picturing some ridiculously sized monster native only to the US!

--------------------
Brosandi. Hendumst í hringi
Höldumst í hendur
Allur heimurinn óskýr
Nema þú stendur

Posts: 694 | From: York, UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Delta-V
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Delta-V     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I noticed the other day that a spider had build a rather large web at the end of the slide in the kid's playpark in our neighborhood. I admire her audacity, but I think she's a little overly optimistic.

--------------------
"My neighbor asked why anyone would need a car that can go 190 mph. If the answer isn't obvious, and explaination won't help." - Csabe Csere

Posts: 1225 | From: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia

quote:
Originally posted by Delta-V:
I noticed the other day that a spider had build a rather large web at the end of the slide in the kid's playpark in our neighborhood. I admire her audacity, but I think she's a little overly optimistic.

Reminds me of the "Far Side" cartoon in which a couple of spiders have just finished a web at the base of a slide in a playground. One's saying to the other, "Manny, if we pull this off, we'll eat like KINGS!"

--------------------

Lady Moon Shadows
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moon Shadows   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Couple of years ago, daughter went to a church camp outside of Tampa that is run by Mormons (we aren't mormon, just the camp)and we were told that Mormons had a policy of "harming nothing" so the spiders stayed.

I've got pictures of our "Camp Mascot" --a HUGE Golden Orb Spider--just like the one in the OP... they were EVERYwhere in this camp--HUGE HUGE HUGE...

I refused to use the gazebo because they all nested inside and underneath the roof of it.

On a side note: it isn't a brown recluse, or a brown spider, but we have tiny little brown colored spiders that "hop" or "jump" everywhere.. they'll be crawling on my back steps and then hop or jump onto the siding on the house... I really do not want to go searching... [Smile] anyone?

--------------------
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in hand, body thoroughly used up, and screaming WoW what a ride!

Posts: 2924 | From: Flori-duh | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia

LMS, sounds like Salticidae. These are "jumping spiders." If you make a pet of one, a good name for him is "Skip."

--------------------

Miles Invictus
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miles Invictus   E-mail Miles Invictus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CitizenAim:
One time he had to go to one that had been abandoned for quite a while and could not even get inside. Spiders had made their home there and the entire place was infested with them. This story wouldn't be so incredible if not for the fact that the radiation emitted from the devices in the building had made the spiders into mutants, ranging anywhere from 5x to 20x their original size. I guess no one believed him at first, since it does have the makings of a really cheesy horror B-movie, but then some other people went out there and saw it firsthand too.

quote:
Originally posted by Brad from Georgia:
LMS, sounds like Salticidae. These are "jumping spiders." If you make a pet of one, a good name for him is "Skip."

So, now I'm envisioning giant jumping spiders. Thanks.
Posts: 236 | From: Iowa | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"Giant Jumping Spiders" would be a good name for a rock band.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia

Wolf spiders can jump surprising distances, and while I would not call them giants, they can reach impressive sizes for spiders--about the size of a nickel or so. One dwelt in our wood supply one winter, and sometimes when I'd go out to collect some wood for the fireplace, he would emerge to stand on the end of the pile in which he made his home, and threaten me by rearing up and waving his front legs. Very plucky of him, given the fact that he was so tiny compared to me, the interloper. I felt kindly disposed toward him and kept away from that part of the woodpile, allowing his home to remain undisturbed.

Brad "later that spring he dragged a dead deer to my front door as a reward" from Georgia

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages