snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Wild Kingdom » Is tiny Heed the world's smallest cat?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is tiny Heed the world's smallest cat?
Joe Bentley
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Bentley   Author's Homepage   E-mail Joe Bentley   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
 -

The Daily Mail

quote:
Could this be the world's smallest cat? The Guinness Book of Records is waiting until this little Munchkin kitten is fully grown to decide if he is a record breaker.

But Heed is well on track. At 14 weeks old he is just 3 1/4 inches tall, and weighs just over 2lbs.

--------------------
"Existence has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long." - Rorschach, The Watchmen

Posts: 8929 | From: Norfolk, Virginia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bettie Page Turner
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettie Page Turner   E-mail Bettie Page Turner   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The world's smallest cat with the world's biggest pet soda endorsement agreement! [lol]

--------------------
You fail to consider, for such is the tyranny of fashion, that the swan is not a slim animal... -Jincy Kornhauser, Melinda Falling

Posts: 1762 | From: Charleston, West Virginia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Purple Cow
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Purple Cow   E-mail Purple Cow   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I misread the name as Tiny Head.

Ha! That'd be great! [Big Grin]

--------------------
No one ever wants the super boob.
-Dr. Heisler, American Dad

Baby Alex!

Posts: 233 | From: Roanoke, VA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Oceanic Aura
The First USA Noel

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Oceanic Aura   Author's Homepage   E-mail Oceanic Aura   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Holy prosh, Batman! I'm sending this to Cute Overload right now!

My head just exploded.

Joe, that was positively adorable. I never would have expected it! But I may have misread you, after all. Welcome to the cute side of the force.

Addendum: One of the comments said simply, "Bonsai Kitten!" A snopester, perchance?

--------------------
"Are we talking misdemeanor trouble or squeal like a pig trouble?"

Posts: 618 | From: Ann Arbor, Michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tootsie Plunkette
Buy a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Tootsie Plunkette   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
According to this article, the cat's name is "Heid," not "Heed."

Whichever is correct, that kind of mistake really hangs my... uh, never mind.

--------------------
--Tootsie

Posts: 5017 | From: Greater Seattle | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zabia
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zabia   E-mail Zabia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Everytime I read the title, I hear the dad's voice from So I Married An Axe Murderer.

"Head, pants now!"

--------------------
We frettered around like farm animals, looking around for formulas and father figures. -Twilight Zone

Posts: 425 | From: Lynchburg, VA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
evilrabbit
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evilrabbit   E-mail evilrabbit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"It's like Sputnik, that head. Mostly spherical but with wee pointy bits."

Kitty... so... cute. I die now.

--------------------
"My sandwich choice is uncertain, until I actually order. It's like Schrodinger's Sandwich."
"Is plutonium involved in this sandwich in any way?"
"Maybe."

Posts: 496 | From: Whitby, ON, Canada | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Richard W

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard W   E-mail Richard W   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If the cat's 3.25" tall then I have another question - is that the world's smallest can of Pepsi?

(edit) I think he's an imp, though. I read a book about the East Anglian witchcraft trials recently. One of the standard methods of gathering evidence was to sit and watch the suspected witch for several nights to catch the imps that they suckled as they came out for a drink. In one case, during the small hours of the morning, a hideous un-natural creature emerged from hiding - the watchers described it as looking "like a cat, but smaller"...

(Watching was actually a form of sleep deprivation - most of the confessions of witchcraft came after a few nights of being kept awake on an uncomfortable stool, while being asked repetitive and leading questions. It's a good thing that human physiology and psychology has completely changed since then so that this treatment doesn't lead people to confess to physically impossible acts that happen to be what their interrogators want to hear any more. Otherwise it would completely invalidate it as a source of evidence in terrorism cases! Most of the "imps" turned out to look like whatever domestic animals happened to be in the area, and a fair few of them were named after the witches' actual pets... The witches were supposed to let their imps drink blood from hidden teats on their body. Another type of imp sounds rather like a horsefly or mosquito in the descriptions, and believe it or not, the watchers actually witnessed the witches giving succour to these devils in the form of insects!)

Posts: 8725 | From: Ipswich - the UK's 9th Best Place to Sleep! | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Oceanic Aura
The First USA Noel

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Oceanic Aura   Author's Homepage   E-mail Oceanic Aura   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
As per the height issue - a 12 oz. can of Coke is a little less than 5 inches. If they measure his height from paw to shoulder than 3 nches and some change doesn't seem too unreasonable.

And that talk on imps was fascinating! But you forgot to end your post with, "awwww...wook at the widdle kitty." Which is, I think, fairly obligatory.

--------------------

Posts: 618 | From: Ann Arbor, Michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Richard W:
(Watching was actually a form of sleep deprivation - most of the confessions of witchcraft came after a few nights of being kept awake on an uncomfortable stool, while being asked repetitive and leading questions. It's a good thing that human physiology and psychology has completely changed since then so that this treatment doesn't lead people to confess to physically impossible acts that happen to be what their interrogators want to hear any more. Otherwise it would completely invalidate it as a source of evidence in terrorism cases! . . .)

[lol]

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Richard W

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard W   E-mail Richard W   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmm, I didn't know height was measured paw-to-shoulder - I was including the head. That matches the picture a bit better.

As far as the "Awwww... wook at the widdle kitty" issue goes, I thought "Awwww... wook at the widdle kitty" went without saying. Sorry I wasn't clear. It's come to something if we have to spell out that we should wook at the widdle kitty, as if it was a reasonable position not to do so. But just to clarify:

Awwww... wook at the widdle kitty.

Posts: 8725 | From: Ipswich - the UK's 9th Best Place to Sleep! | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Oceanic Aura
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oceanic Aura   Author's Homepage   E-mail Oceanic Aura   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
[lol]

Yes, in these harsh times it is sad but true - we can no longer take for granted that sweet little appellations and darling exclamations of admiration are understood without saying. I too am used to a gentler time.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages