snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Police Blotter » Man poses as doctor, Instructs women to cut off nipples

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Man poses as doctor, Instructs women to cut off nipples
annabohly
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annabohly   E-mail annabohly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
link

I can't believe any woman would really do this, but I guess there are some out there stupid enough to do it.

--------------------
And always remember....when life hands you Lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over !!!!!

Posts: 521 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ryda Wong, EBfCo.
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   E-mail Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
From scanning the transcript, it looks like many of those targeted were young, like kids or teens. Many references to mother's getting home, or mother's doctors, or them not being mature. That could have something to do with their compliance/

--------------------
So many spankings! It feels so good! But at the same time, I don't care about meeting your family! - I'mNotDedalus:

Posts: 3216 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
annabohly
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annabohly   E-mail annabohly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It was my impression some of them were college students. He said he chose that town because it was a college town.

--------------------
And always remember....when life hands you Lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over !!!!!

Posts: 521 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TurquoiseGirl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Once again, a sexual predator is targetting young women and it is their fault that they are victimized?

He specifically targeted young, probably inexperienced women, intending to cause them bodily harm. This is their fault how?

--------------------
There are people who drive really nice cars who feel that [those] cars won't be as special if other people drive them too. Where I come from, we call those people "selfish self-satisfied gits." -Chloe

Posts: 6995 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If a stranger calls you on the phone and tells you to remove your panties and shove a knife up your vagina or cut off your nipple, and you do so, then yes, you are responsible for your own actions. If the man is in your presence forcing you to do it against your will, then I wouldn't hold you responsible.

Anyone who isn't mentally or developmentally disabled (regardless of age) should realize that a phone call like this requires an immediate hang-up and a notification to the police or trusted adult.

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Troodon
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troodon     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm surprised that the suspect is being charged with aggravated assault. I didn't know that you could commit assault by presuading someone else to hurt herself.

--------------------
Fools! You've over-estimated me!

Posts: 3745 | From: New York City | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
annabohly
Jingle Bell Hock

I never said it was their fault, I said they were stupid enough to do it.

--------------------

Adelaide
Remembrances of Things Bass

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adelaide   E-mail Adelaide   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This reminds of the thread a while back about the guy who called fast food restaurants and convinced some employees to strip and molest another employee.

--------------------
Natural selection is a beguiling counterfeiter of deliberate purpose. - Richard Dawkins

Posts: 620 | From: Alaska | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm

Icon 201 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Adelaide:
This reminds of the thread a while back about the guy who called fast food restaurants and convinced some employees to strip and molest another employee.

Oddly enough, this story was in the news today. He was found not guilty in this first trial, but there are more trials to come.

--------------------
Did you see the Announcement?
There's a new snopes message board!

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
fading_dawn
I Am Curious, Yellowtail

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fading_dawn     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The scary thing is that I know at least two people who would be gullible enough to fall for this kind of thing.

--------------------
If you have to ask you'll never know

Posts: 31 | From: Highland, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Purple Iguana
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Purple Iguana   Author's Homepage   E-mail Purple Iguana   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I actually heard about this on some talk show... Montel I think. Sounds almost exactly like this... the woman who was on was told that her mother had been given a mammogram and blah blah (skipping grotesque details). She said the guy kept telling her it was okay to scream so she thinks that he wanted to hear her screams and she stayed silent the whole time she did it. Then, as instructed, she flushed the nipple down the toilet. [Eek!] :shudder:

It is really sad that there are people who believe a doctor would:

1) Call them up, unsolicited
2) Instruct them to perform a "surgical" procedure on themselves, unanaesthetized, in unsterile conditions and without any tests confirming that any procedure needed to be done in the first place
3) Have them get rid of the excised body part in the trash, down the toilet, what have you, rather than sent to a lab for biopsy.

My heart goes out to the women who fell for this sadist's crap, and hooray to all the women who were smart enough to hang up!

--------------------
They just don't make crazed, beserk robots like they used to. --Sheen Estevez, Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius

If I manage to post something swipe-worthy that you would like to make your sig, you may do so with my blessing.

Posts: 2486 | From: East Stroudsburg, PA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mindy
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mindy   Author's Homepage   E-mail mindy   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
OMG how sad [Frown]
Posts: 29 | From: Ohio | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Troberg
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troberg     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
If a stranger calls you on the phone and tells you to remove your panties and shove a knife up your vagina or cut off your nipple, and you do so, then yes, you are responsible for your own actions.
I agree, but this does not in any way remove any responsibility from the sicko who got them to do it.

--------------------
/Troberg

Posts: 4360 | From: Borlänge, Sweden | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Troberg:
quote:
If a stranger calls you on the phone and tells you to remove your panties and shove a knife up your vagina or cut off your nipple, and you do so, then yes, you are responsible for your own actions.
I agree, but this does not in any way remove any responsibility from the sicko who got them to do it.
I agree that the man should be criminally charged. However, I was responding to TGirl's question of how it's the woman's fault. It wasn't their fault that he chose to target them, but it was their decision to follow the ludicrous advice of a stranger on the telephone.

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Iguana:
I actually heard about this on some talk show... Montel I think. Sounds almost exactly like this... the woman who was on was told that her mother had been given a mammogram and blah blah (skipping grotesque details). She said the guy kept telling her it was okay to scream so she thinks that he wanted to hear her screams and she stayed silent the whole time she did it. Then, as instructed, she flushed the nipple down the toilet. [Eek!] :shudder:

Even aside from the other reasons you mentioned about why such a call should not be believed, why would she do it if she thought the guy wanted to hear her scream? My mind just boggles at people believing this stuff. This guy is so sick. I feel sick to my stomach reading this stuff *shudder*

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pseudo_Croat

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pseudo_Croat   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pseudo_Croat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I remeber reading about this nutcase in the paper when the news first came out. The first thing that popped into my head was, "How can anyone be so stupid as to follow this man's suggestions?"

If I had recieved one of this perv's calls, I would've found out where he lived and given him a taste of his own medicine. Or at least the temptation would've been strong....

- Pseudo_Croat

--------------------
"At all events, people who deny the influence of smaller nations should remember that the Croats have the rest of us by the throats." - Norman Davies, Europe: A History

God wants spiritual fruits, not religious nuts.

Posts: 4578 | From: Sunrise, FL | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
To give him a taste of his own medicine would be to call him and tell him to cut something off, you wouldn't need to know where he lived.

If I recieved a call like that I'd try to get actual information out of him, then I'd call the cops and report it.

Every time I come back to this thread I feel sick again, imagining this stuff.

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Purple Iguana

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Purple Iguana   Author's Homepage   E-mail Purple Iguana   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by poisoned candy from strangers:
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Iguana:

Even aside from the other reasons you mentioned about why such a call should not be believed, why would she do it if she thought the guy wanted to hear her scream? My mind just boggles at people believing this stuff. This guy is so sick. I feel sick to my stomach reading this stuff *shudder*
Oh, sorry for the mental shorthand. She was actually in the process of cutting her nipple off when he was telling her, repeatedly, that it was okay if she needed to scream. She said that he said it so often that it got her thinking that he wanted to hear her screams. But dunno if that was an "after the fact" conclusion, or something that went through her mind as she was doing it.

And yeah... I shudder on a deep and primal level when I think of this thing.

(Reading the document on Smoking Gun, the woman I was talking about sounded an awful lot like #19 on the document. Not sure it was her, tho.)

--------------------
They just don't make crazed, beserk robots like they used to. --Sheen Estevez, Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius

If I manage to post something swipe-worthy that you would like to make your sig, you may do so with my blessing.

Posts: 2486 | From: East Stroudsburg, PA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Purple Iguana

quote:
Originally posted by Pseudo_Croat:
I remeber reading about this nutcase in the paper when the news first came out. The first thing that popped into my head was, "How can anyone be so stupid as to follow this man's suggestions?"

If I had recieved one of this perv's calls, I would've found out where he lived and given him a taste of his own medicine. Or at least the temptation would've been strong....

- Pseudo_Croat

Yeah... *69 leaps to mind. Does this work for blocked numbers? Even so, I would think the phone company would have (or could easily find) records of where these calls were coming from.

--------------------

TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TurquoiseGirl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cervus:
quote:
Originally posted by Troberg:
quote:
I agree that the man should be criminally charged. However, I was responding to TGirl's question of how it's the woman's fault. It wasn't their fault that he chose to target them, but it was their decision to follow the ludicrous advice of a stranger on the telephone.
They were young and he was relying on the fact that young women are conditioned to listen to authority, particularly male authority.

It was not wise, but I still think more of the blame should be assigned to the predator rather than the prey.

I once had a doctor give me actual advice that would have likely led to a bladder infection had I followed it. I found out by talking to other women about her that she was actually giving harmful advice and painful treatments to young women who were sexually active. I didn't follow her advice at the time because it was inconvenient. But I was naive enough to believe her. I shudder to think what the treatment for the bladder infection would have been.

Now this is different than shoving a knife up your lovliness to be sure. But the stuff with the caustic chemicals? I dunno.

The reason this was prosecuted as assault is assault is simply the credible threat of physical harm, by the way. Actually attacking someone is considered battery.

--------------------
There are people who drive really nice cars who feel that [those] cars won't be as special if other people drive them too. Where I come from, we call those people "selfish self-satisfied gits." -Chloe

Posts: 6995 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BringTheNoise
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BringTheNoise   Author's Homepage   E-mail BringTheNoise   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
There's a difference between going to an actual doctor and being given deliberately damaging advice and following the advice of someone randomly calling you. Again, not saying the guy here shouldn't be prosecuted or that the girls are entirely (or even mainly) at fault, but still find it strange that anyone would agree to remove part of their own anatomy on the basis of a phone call.

--------------------
"The United States Government: significantly less cruel and sadistic than the Taliban." - Dara

Posts: 1289 | From: Aberdeen University, Aberdeen, UK | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
HazyCosmicJive
The First USA Noel

Icon 503 posted      Profile for HazyCosmicJive     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TurquoiseGirl:
I once had a doctor give me actual advice that would have likely led to a bladder infection had I followed it. I found out by talking to other women about her that she was actually giving harmful advice and painful treatments to young women who were sexually active. I didn't follow her advice at the time because it was inconvenient. But I was naive enough to believe her. I shudder to think what the treatment for the bladder infection would have been.

A bladder infection is the same thing as a urinary tract infection, the treatment for which is a course of antibiotics. While it's true that UTIs make you feel like you're trying to piss a razorblade, they're really not that big a deal from a global health perspective. What "painful treatments" was this doctor giving to her patients? As an unfortunate lass who is prone to them, I can't imagine much in the way of believable treatment that's worse than the UTI itself.

--------------------
Suddenly she realizes that amongst a crazy drunken schoolmarm, a navy swim instructor with a food fetish, a southern hick farmer, a porn star turned used car dealer, and a horny ex-football player, she won't be this strange outsider.

Posts: 701 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

quote:
Originally posted by HazyCosmicJive:
quote:

A bladder infection is the same thing as a urinary tract infection, the treatment for which is a course of antibiotics. While it's true that UTIs make you feel like you're trying to piss a razorblade, they're really not that big a deal from a global health perspective. What "painful treatments" was this doctor giving to her patients? As an unfortunate lass who is prone to them, I can't imagine much in the way of believable treatment that's worse than the UTI itself.
Well since I never got the UTI, having ignored her advice, I can't say what she would have done.

She "diagnosed" a friend of mine with genital warts and recommended burning them off with nitric acid. My friend got a second opinion and did not, in fact, have warts.

--------------------

Pseudo_Croat

Icon 202 posted      Profile for Pseudo_Croat   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pseudo_Croat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Well since I never got the UTI, having ignored her advice, I can't say what she would have done.

She "diagnosed" a friend of mine with genital warts and recommended burning them off with nitric acid. My friend got a second opinion and did not, in fact, have warts.

Wow. After giving out advice like that, I'd be surprised if she hasn't lost her medical license by now. She sounds like she almost as much of a nut as the guy in the OP.

This is why it's always a good idea to seek a second opinion. When it comes to your body, you have only one, and you should take good care of it.

- Pseudo "if it ducks like a quack" Croat

--------------------
"At all events, people who deny the influence of smaller nations should remember that the Croats have the rest of us by the throats." - Norman Davies, Europe: A History

God wants spiritual fruits, not religious nuts.

Posts: 4578 | From: Sunrise, FL | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Purple Iguana

Yeah, TG, I definitely hope that somebody has reported this doctor. This sounds like gross negligence!

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages