snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Entertainment Archive » Michael Landon, bedwetter

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Michael Landon, bedwetter
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 09 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I've heard that Michael Landon set a world record for the mile
because he was a bedwetter. Apparently, his mother would hang his wet
sheets out to dry, and he became a world class runner by trying to beat
the school bus home. I will be greatly appreciative if you could clear
this up for me.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
B Hamilton
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for B Hamilton   E-mail B Hamilton   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This is actually fact based:
http://movies2.nytimes.com/gst/movies/movie.html?v_id=29890

I saw "The Loneliest Runner" which was a tv movie based on Michael Landon's childhood. The boy in the story is named John but Landon said it was his childhood as a bedwetter and the story of how his mother treated him. She hung his bedsheets out his bedroom window to embarrass him and so he would run home from school to pull them out of the window before his friends could see them. I know at the time the movie aired on tv Landon was on a lot of talk shows where he said it was autobiographical.

From the link above:
"Within the next ten years, John is an Olympic marathon runner and gold-medal winner-as indeed Michael Landon was in real life before turning to acting."

Other sites said he medalled in Javelin.

--------------------
"This is my family. I found it all on my own. It's little & broken but still good."

Posts: 1338 | From: Orlando | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages