snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Entertainment Archive » Elton John

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elton John
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 104 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I heard an unpleasant rumor about Elton John, in which he
supposedly buggered a rent boy to death in Brazil, and was then able to
cover the whole thing up by bribing officials. The source of the story was
a friend-of-a-friend (of course!) who works in broadcasting.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 106 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I just heard a story about Elton John. He was accepting an award
at a recent award ceremony and commented that "It is getting too dark in
here" (referenceing the predominance of African American performers) and
walked off the stage. My buddy says he heard it. Can you please look
into this?

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
CultOfBob
It's Snow Joke

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CultOfBob     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
My buddy says he heard it
Yet everyone in the audience, probably including many reporters, didn't hear it or have sworn a vow of secrecy over the whole thing.

--------------------
-For Rent-

Posts: 37 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Evil_eyes
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evil_eyes   Author's Homepage   E-mail Evil_eyes   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Im not sure why Mrs C has not seen this one yet, but im sure if she has she laughed her ass off at those two.

I vote false on both of them. We all know Elton has a temper but I am sure we would have heard if he walked off staged at a concert, besides he just loves giving concerts.

The first one is just to stupid to comment on.

T

--------------------
"Taking all the pain I give you
Loving blindly in return
And I need you more than ever"
WWW.Myspace.com/E_E2000

Posts: 1243 | From: Northern VA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mrs.hi-c clown fishies
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrs.hi-c clown fishies     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yup, LMAO! Like I said before, I don't usually check this particular forum.

First rumour-- There was a huge controversy around a boy who claimed that Elton gave him drugs in return for "services rendered". The story was covered by the "Sun" (I believe), and through the libel/slander ruling they had to pay Elton, plus run a full-page apology. The story was completely false.

I swear I heard the second rumor some where...but a quick google search turned nothing up. BTW, there's a song called "It's Getting Dark in Here". For now, I'm dismissing the second as rumor as well [Smile]

--------------------
This song has no title...just words and a tune.

Instant Hi-C--Just add water...

Posts: 1620 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages