snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Entertainment Archive » Roger Waters lives in PA?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Roger Waters lives in PA?
TheLazenby
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheLazenby   Author's Homepage   E-mail TheLazenby   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I live in Pittsburgh, and there has been a rumor running rampant around my neighborhood and the local radio stations that Roger Waters from Pink Floyd purchased a house in nearby Cranberry, PA. I've heard several "facts" relating to this - a Floyd fan in my school claims to have actually gone to the construction site, and my English teacher actually told me the neighborhood where he supposedly bought a house.

I'd love to find out if this is true; it just seems random that someone that famous would buy a house in such a remote area of PA. Does anyone know how I could find out about something like this?

--------------------
Rest in Peace, Charles Rocket 1949-2005

"On behalf of Gail Matthius and the entire Weekend Update news team, I'm Charles Rocket. Good night, and... watch out."

Posts: 140 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ali_marea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ali_marea   E-mail ali_marea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sounds like you've been listening to a little bit too much DVE. There's a DVE bit where they make a joke about Roger Waters moving to Cranberry. I believe it's on the "Eleven" album. If not there, you might want to look at Scott Paulsen's website. He wrote most of the bits between him and Jim Krenn.

Anyway, I can't give you a 100% "no", but I'm fairly certain that a DVE bit didn't come true. Besides, think about it. If you were Roger Waters, would you move to Pittsburgh? And if you did, would you choose Cranberry? If anything maybe Sewickly or the South Hills.

Just my thoughts, I could be wrong.

--------------------
28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, and 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posts: 7158 | From: D.C. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
abby 68
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abby 68   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
well up here in the great white north alot of celebrities have homes in the region (county) of muskoka , also known as "Hollywood North" With the likes of formerly kurt russell & goldie hawn, Martin short, Dan Akroyd (in the summer), Brad Pitt, Gary Oldman , Tim Roth & the list goes on & on

But there is a place south of the muskoka area that is known as "hidden hollywood" (its in "farm country")& includes the like of Elton John, Tom Selleck, supposedly prince(nonoes sure because hes fantic about privacy), formerly John Candy, David Carridine & several others.

So anythings possible [Big Grin]

Posts: 1932 | From: Toronto | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lynnejanet
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lynnejanet     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought that Vancouver and Toronto were fighting over the title of Holleywood North. I've never heard Muskoka referred to that way, although it's common knowledge, as you say, that a lot of stars do have cottages there.

I thought, too, that Prince was fairly open about having a semi-permanent residence in the city of Toronto. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, he is one of the major investors in one of the new film studios that is being built there.

Is the "hidden Hollywood" you refer to in the Caledon area? There are some gorgeous homes there, and a lot of them look to have fairly high security.

--------------------
lynne"insert appropriate punny phrase here"janet

Posts: 1460 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
abby 68
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abby 68   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lynnejanet:
I thought that Vancouver and Toronto were fighting over the title of Holleywood North. I've never heard Muskoka referred to that way, although it's common knowledge, as you say, that a lot of stars do have cottages there.

I thought, too, that Prince was fairly open about having a semi-permanent residence in the city of Toronto. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, he is one of the major investors in one of the new film studios that is being built there.

Is the "hidden Hollywood" you refer to in the Caledon area? There are some gorgeous homes there, and a lot of them look to have fairly high security.

Well the Hollywood north phrase I heard from the locals & it wasn't used in a kind way,more like NBSKing Hollywood North my a$$, they hated all the people coming up to try & see moviestars, the roads would get jammed up with them.

Hmmm I never knew prince had said where he lived.
Cool that hes going in movies (hopefully he doesn't remake purple rain [Razz] )

Hidden Hollywood as it was referred to by someone who lives in the area, in a letter to the editor at the toronto Sunregarding John Candy's death,(she had been his neighbor) would be near bradford, well anywhere under lake simcoe, it seems pretty quiet & peaceful [Cool]
though who knows where the stars could pop up next. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1932 | From: Toronto | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Who (or what) is DVE?

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
vampyrviolia
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vampyrviolia     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
One of the guy's from Megadeth lives in La Mesa.
Ah this guy - Dave Mustaine. A girl I know met him while he and his wife were in Lestats. She may have frightened them.
Lestat's - http://www.lestats.com/main.htm

--------------------
Hey, check out my dads website -- www.eastcountyhwy.com
He grooms dogs too.

Posts: 1593 | From: Bedias, TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages