snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Entertainment Archive » Mozart wrote "dirty" song?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mozart wrote "dirty" song?
DemonWolf
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 505 posted      Profile for DemonWolf     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I was watching a trivia show last night, and the claimed that Mozart wrote a song called, "Lick My Ass." This sounds a little far fetched to me. Most of music was numbered, as far as I know.

Naturally, they claimed that the song was written in German, but I forget the translation.

Did Wolfgang Armadeus Mozart write a song called, "Lick my ass?"

--------------------
Friends are like skittles: they come in many colors, and some are fruity!

IMJW-052804

Posts: 7224 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Richard W

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard W   E-mail Richard W   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"Lick my Love Pump", surely?
Posts: 8725 | From: Ipswich - the UK's 9th Best Place to Sleep! | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Hound Of The Binkervilles
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I heard this mentioned on the "QI" show (I think) with Stephen Fry, though I think they have perpetuated soem ULs on that programme.
Anyway, Mozart may have had Tourettes Syndrome, at least according to This Site which does mention that song.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Hans Off
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hans Off   E-mail Hans Off   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mozart was notoriously filthy!

But yes QI Has perpetuated some UL's, there was one last week about a headless chicken that lived for 2 years...does anyone know the origins of that?

--------------------
"British English speakers point to Americans adding more syllables so that they can make even more noise without actually saying anything." Llewtrah

Posts: 2235 | From: Sussex , UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DemonWolf

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DemonWolf     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
http://www.miketheheadlesschicken.org/

--------------------

IMJW-052804

Posts: 7224 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Hans Off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hans Off   E-mail Hans Off   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DemonWolf:
http://www.miketheheadlesschicken.org/

That's the Chook!

I particularly liked this
quote:

If one more person e-mails and says, "if this was true you'd have video!", we will lose our minds. IT WAS 1945!

--------------------
"British English speakers point to Americans adding more syllables so that they can make even more noise without actually saying anything." Llewtrah

Posts: 2235 | From: Sussex , UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
I bent my wookie

I saw that last night too on "Hey! Spring of Trivia" (which I had never heard of until I read this thread: trivia) I found it to be quite amusing. I did think the Mozart bit was a little far-fetched (but no more far-fetched than the historical bit about people in China (or was it Japan?) who used to hire others to take the blame for their farts so as not to shame their family!)

Is every "fact" on there supposed to be true? -At first I thought it was supposed to be one of those shows where you have to distinguish fact from fiction, but I guess the point is supposed to be to vote for the most outrageous fact-?

DemonWolf

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DemonWolf     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That's the show I sw it on. Some of their facts seem highly doubtful.

They also claimed that in Taiwan, women get paid to cry a funerals. I just find it to be so unusual that I would want to see independant verification of most of these facts.

But the giant rubber band was cool. Dissapointing, but cool.

--------------------

IMJW-052804

Oni
Noah's Lark

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oni   Author's Homepage   E-mail Oni   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
They also claimed that in Taiwan, women get paid to cry a funerals.

Do you mean hired to cry? If so, that's fairly normal in several parts of the world. Although less so in the modern era.
Here's an article about that, though it has to do with China:
http://www.china.org.cn/english/China/93612.htm

--------------------
"Oh! Look at Godzilla go! I'll tell ya, there's no seafood lover in him!"

-Tom Servo, "Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster"

Posts: 75 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Don Enrico
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Enrico   E-mail Don Enrico   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I was watching a trivia show last night, and the claimed that Mozart wrote a song called, "Lick My Ass." This sounds a little far fetched to me. Most of music was numbered, as far as I know.

Naturally, they claimed that the song was written in German, but I forget the translation.

Did Wolfgang Armadeus Mozart write a song called, "Lick my ass?"

It's the canon `Leck mich im Arsch' (KV 231, written 1782, when Mozart was 16 years old). A complete list of Mozarts music is here.

Don "teen genius" Enrico

--------------------
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling, but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places. - Pooh Bear

Posts: 2209 | From: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Republican
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Republican   E-mail Republican   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've also read that he had coprographia and wrote obscene letters to a female cousin. I have Tourette's Syndrome and I don't write obscene stuff though.

--------------------
I'm a rumour weed.

Posts: 60 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Silas Sparkhammer
I Saw V-Chips Come Sailing In

Icon 504 posted      Profile for Silas Sparkhammer   Author's Homepage   E-mail Silas Sparkhammer   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Beethoven, too, wrote some little bits and pieces, including one with the canon/chorus "Ass of all asses, hee-haw, hee-haw."

What do you suppose Shakespeare's scrap pile must have contained?

Silas

Posts: 16801 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
poodlescoot

There are countless songs written throughout history that have dirty lyrics. Most had their lyrics changed, and some may be ones you have sung yourself. Many dirty choruses were replaced with "Fa La Las" or the like (christmas songs most likely excluded)
moonfall86
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonfall86   E-mail moonfall86   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The Egyptians paid people to cry at funerals.
And Republican, I heard the same thing on an A&E bio of Mozart. Apparently, he liked bathroom humor, so I wouldn't be surprised if he wrote a song called "Lick my Ass."

Posts: 885 | From: Florida | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AdmiralDinty

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AdmiralDinty   E-mail AdmiralDinty   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
In the movie "Amadeus" (and presumably the play, although I haven't read it) Salieri makes a big deal out of how obscene Mozart is. He is upset by the fact that God would give such a gift to so disgusting an individual. The "tihs ym tae" seen really captures this.

--------------------
"I wanna bite the hand that feeds me. I wanna bite that hand so badly. I wanna make them wish they'd never seen me." - Elvis Costello

Posts: 2291 | From: The Banks of the Merrimack, MA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TB Tabby
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TB Tabby   E-mail TB Tabby   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I read about this one in Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Plunges Into History. Apparently, he wrote it as a way of getting back at an old flame who jilted him and pretended not to know him afterwards.

--------------------
I like to go down to the playground and watch the kids run and jump and scream, because they don't know I'm only using blanks.

Posts: 942 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Frenchy

The 'assumption' that he had Tourette has actually never been 'proven' though (but some others mention he had ADHD, which they relate to the scene when during one of his 'recitals' in front of the Royal family, he simply jumped off his seat midway through his performance and sat on the lap of a lady -can't remember if it was the Queen or someone else).

He was definitely hard to control, that's for sure. Some mention illnesses he had as a child (scarlet fever at 6, abdominal typhus at 9, smallpox at 11), which would explain is unruly behaviour later on in life (He also suffered throughout his childhood from a number of bad toothaches, which have led some supporters of the kidney-disease theory to invoke the possibility of a "focal" infection, contributing to kidney damage). Others view his rebel attitude as a response to his father ever-increasing demands on him as well as a desire by his father to always stay a boy rather than grow up (which wouldn't make as much money).

I see a parallel with Mickael Jackson, am I the only one? (prodigy child, going mad as he grows up). [Eek!]

I Am 6-Ironsman
Deck the Malls

Icon 301 posted      Profile for I Am 6-Ironsman   E-mail I Am 6-Ironsman   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I was watching a trivia show last night, and the claimed that Mozart wrote a song called, "Lick My Ass."

Don't know if the song is real or not, but if it was it would be called something like Leck' mein Arsch!
Posts: 370 | From: New York. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
I Am 6-Ironsman
Deck the Malls

Icon 301 posted      Profile for I Am 6-Ironsman   E-mail I Am 6-Ironsman   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I was watching a trivia show last night, and the claimed that Mozart wrote a song called, "Lick My Ass."

Don't know if the song is real or not, but if it was it would be called something like Leck' mein Arsch!
Posts: 370 | From: New York. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Candy Blue

Well, if he was sixteen when he wrote it, I guess that would explain a great deal... [Big Grin]

[fish] OW! Hey! Stop that! Aren't I allowed to make a few lowbrow jokes too? HEY! Cut--it--out!

-Candy "Rebel rebel" Q.

Silas Sparkhammer
I Saw V-Chips Come Sailing In

Icon 504 posted      Profile for Silas Sparkhammer   Author's Homepage   E-mail Silas Sparkhammer   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Candy Blue:
Well, if he was sixteen when he wrote it, I guess that would explain a great deal... [Big Grin]

Hey, in human years, he'd have been 45!

Silas

Posts: 16801 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I read somewhere that they also pegged Mozart as being Bipolar. I wouldn't know, as you can't really judge a person by a play and subsequent movie, which fudges facts from the start. I can't recall how I read he died, if it was typhoid or what, it's been ages since I looked it up in a encyclopedia. But hey, when I was that age, I was pretty much telling people the same thing. I just wasn't setting it to music. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TheHumanCannonball

Icon 504 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
1. "Amadeus" (the film and the play) is great drama, but terrible history. It's not a good reference point for "facts" about Mozart's life.

2. Three obscene canons, one of which is titled "Leck Mich In Arsch", are attributed to Mozart, but it's questionable whether he actually wrote them. http://tinyurl.com/5wdkw

Cowboy Joe
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cowboy Joe   E-mail Cowboy Joe   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought Ted Nugent wrote that song.

Mozart huh? I'll be damned.

--------------------
"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." -George W. Bush, Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005

Posts: 382 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages