snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Entertainment Archive » Bob Marley and the creepy crawlies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bob Marley and the creepy crawlies
AltaCirrus
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 88 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a friend who swears that when Bob Marley died, coroners found several undiscovered species of lice and other insects living comfortably within his dreadlocks. Someone even named one of the insects after him. My source at one point was one of those "white rastafarians", if that adds or subtracts from his credibility. I'm not really sure which.

Has anyone else ever heard of this?

Alta "gee mon, yar hair smells terrific" Cirrus

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Hans Off
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hans Off   E-mail Hans Off   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mmm, not sure about that, why would the coroners be spending time identifying lice?
dosen't really make sense!

Didn't he die of a skin cancer or something?

--------------------
"British English speakers point to Americans adding more syllables so that they can make even more noise without actually saying anything." Llewtrah

Posts: 2235 | From: Sussex , UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Tea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Tea   E-mail Jay Tea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Absolute bull pies.

I don't know what it is about people assuming dreadlocks are tic havens but i've heard this legend in many shapes and sizes. The only thing you were likely to find in Roberts natty dreads would have been a couple of ready-mades and a half-ounce! [Wink]

Bob suffered melanoma in his toe, which they thought had cleared. The cancer spread throughout his body [Frown]

Rest easy my man....

Say you just can't live that negative way,
If you know what I mean;
Make way for the positive day

--------------------
This is where I come up with something right? Something really clever...

Posts: 6552 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Richard W
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 88 posted      Profile for Richard W   E-mail Richard W   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
(Post edited before anybody had time to see my embarrassing and false claim that lice were arachnids. I hope.)
Posts: 8725 | From: Ipswich - the UK's 9th Best Place to Sleep! | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Giselle
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Giselle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I always heard it was 17 colonies of lice. 17! Wouldn't that take an awfully long time to pick each up and determine whose covered wagon was whose?

--------------------
Ralphie, get off the stage sweetheart.

Posts: 2041 | From: Yuba City, California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages