snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Entertainment Archive » Bob Saget dead?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bob Saget dead?
David J.
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 05 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Alright, as werid as this sounds, a friend of mine (IRL) said that he saw that Bob Saget was dead. He clamed he saw it on that banner on the bottom of CNN programming. And a few people in real life have further claimed it.

A start of a crappy urban legend or truth?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
abbubmah
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abbubmah   E-mail abbubmah   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When did this supposedly appear?

Apparently he just signed a new contract for something yesterday.

--------------------
Fundamentally Unfundie since 1975

Posts: 7942 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
deadcujo
Just Say Wren

Icon 1 posted      Profile for deadcujo   E-mail deadcujo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
He's not dead. If it were true, it would be on news Web sites on the Internet. The newest mention of him on news.google.com is in reference to him having signed onto a Showtime program called "Huff".

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Posts: 108 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
CD

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Bob Saget dead?
I wonder if it was caught on videotape.
Brad from Georgia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Maybe the friend heard something about Bob Saget's career.

--------------------
"No hard feelin's and HOPpy New Year!"--Walt Kelly
Hear what you're missing: ARTC podcasts! http://artcpodcast.org/

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I dunno, I thought his three lines in Half Baked were funny as hell.

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Adelaide
Remembrances of Things Bass

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adelaide   E-mail Adelaide   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Not sure how reliable it is, but when I'm curious as to whether celebrities are dead are not, I reference http://dpsinfo.com/dps/ (the Dead People Server).

Bob Saget is not listed: http://dpsinfo.com/dps/snames.html#top .... yet!

--------------------
Natural selection is a beguiling counterfeiter of deliberate purpose. - Richard Dawkins

Posts: 620 | From: Alaska | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
megathom

Icon 214 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CD:
quote:
Bob Saget dead?
and if it was, who would say makes stupid comments while it was playing?
sherri_lu
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sherri_lu   Author's Homepage   E-mail sherri_lu   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Bob's not dead but his sister is There was a made for TV movie about her some weird disease scleroderma? That makes your skin hard like stone

I saw Saget at the Punshline outside of TV he works Blue very Blue people who thought they were coming to see Michelle's dad & the AFV dork were shocked

Posts: 1344 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lulu the Black Mage

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wish the Olsen twins were dead....

....on second thought, they'd find a way to make money offa their deaths. Nevermind.

TrishDaDish

Icon 24 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sherri_lu:

I saw Saget at the Punshline outside of TV he works Blue very Blue people who thought they were coming to see Michelle's dad & the AFV dork were shocked

I'll say it again: his three lines in Half Baked are funny as hell. (It's blue, hence why I'm not quoting them.)

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DemonWolf

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DemonWolf     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by megathom:
quote:
Originally posted by CD:
quote:
Bob Saget dead?
and if it was, who would say makes stupid comments while it was playing?
Tom Bergeron. He is the current host after all.

--------------------
Friends are like skittles: they come in many colors, and some are fruity!

IMJW-052804

Posts: 7224 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
And Trace Bealieu, known to the tragically hip people as Dr. Clayton Forrester from Mystery Science Theater 3000, does writing for that show. So if there's an actual funny joke in the show somewhere, chances are he's the writer who came up with it.

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages