snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Entertainment Archive » Chuck Barris, CIA Assassin?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chuck Barris, CIA Assassin?
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 402 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
http://www.calendarlive.com/printedition/calendar/suncal/cl-ca-qampa22dec22.story

Jim Lange spent years with Chuck Barris, the game-show king and self-proclaimed CIA assassin.

Q: While he was serving as a "Dating Game" chaperon in "fabulous Helsinki" and "romantic West Berlin," Barris maintains, he was actually conducting "company business" for the CIA, for whom he says he killed 33 people.

A: Chuck calls his book "an unauthorized autobiography," so he may be taking liberties. It's all so strange. But, then, Chuck is a very strange man -- a bit remote and fidgety, a loner with few friends. He'd disappear for weeks, saying he was going to Europe, where his daughter was at school. A murderer, though? Unlikely, though I can't say it didn't happen. If he killed 33 people, he's the world's greatest actor. All this is wonderful theater, a way of getting recognition, perhaps.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
zeldarae
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My father gave me the book when it came out originally. Can't quite recall the year. It has to be one of the funniest books I've ever read. I took as tounge in cheek. The man is a true comic genius. Can't wait to see the movie.

zelda "never been gonged" rae

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lumox76
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The book has been put back into print to tie in with the movie. Very funny stuff. Confessions of a Dangerous Mind.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages