snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Entertainment Archive » Alyssa Milano---Little Mermaid

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Alyssa Milano---Little Mermaid
Kells
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 96 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I was watching the E! Celebrity Profle a few weeks ago about Alyssa Milano. It was stated that the little mermaid was drawn based on the way that she looks. This is obviously not a UL but i thought it was a very interesting celebrity tid-bit, and Disney tid-bit after reading the whole section on Disney. [Eek!]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Psihala
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Psihala   E-mail Psihala   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My, she certainly has changed since she hosted "The Making of 'The Little Mermaid'" for the Disney Channel not long after the film's release!

quote:
This is obviously not a UL but i thought it was a very interesting celebrity tid-bit, and Disney tid-bit after reading the whole section on Disney.
Alyssa Milano was barely a teen-ager (if that) when she hosted the show and the tid-bit about Ariel being modeled after her was revealed for the first time. How she looks now and what she does now probably wasn't considered in 1989 when the movie was released.

~Psihala
(*"Let's face it - If Walt [Disney] were alive today, he wouldn't let me through the front gate." ~Bette Midler in an interview on her appearance in the Disney movie, "Big Business")

--------------------
StealthPost™

Posts: 3020 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Spectre of Darmok

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Maybe I'm misremembering, but wasn't Ariel modelled after screenwriter and voice artist Sherri Stoner, who was also the model for Belle in Beauty and the Beast (made around the same time)?
Horatio

Icon 87 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I saw the same E! Celebrity Profile about how Alyssa Milano was told after the movie "The Little Mermaid" was developed that the animators had used her as *a* model. Now, they didn't say she was the only one. [Smile] I think that was why she was chosen to host that documentary about the making of the film.
Kokopelli

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Spectre of Darmok:
Maybe I'm misremembering, but wasn't Ariel modelled after screenwriter and voice artist Sherri Stoner, who was also the model for Belle in Beauty and the Beast (made around the same time)?

Sherri Stoner was the movement model. That is, she would pantomime the actions of Ariel for the animators to key off of (a making-of clip I have shows her miming that scene where Ariel was combing her hair with the fork, as the animation staff sketched).

She was only used for Ariel's physical movements, though...Ariel's actual LOOK, meaning her hair and features and all, could easily have been inspired by someone else.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages