snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Entertainment Archive » Dave Matthews gay?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dave Matthews gay?
methodic
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I heard Dave Matthews was gay. I heard this during the 1996-97 school year in high school. Does this have any basis in fact?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ThespiSis
Xboxing Day

Icon 01 posted      Profile for ThespiSis   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
does it matter?

--------------------
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out.~~Alfred Hitchcock

The Big Beautiful Women Homepage

Posts: 1315 | From: BFE Tennessee (aka The 'boro) | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Astra
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Astra     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It does to his cat.

--------------------
This has been yet another... USELESS POST.

Posts: 6105 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mouse goddess
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mouse goddess   E-mail mouse goddess   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Isn't he married now?? I thought I saw him on the Daily Show where he was talking about his wife and kid.
My husband said that when he was in high school, in the Maryland-Virginia area, it was just "common knowledge" that he was bi, however.

--------------------
"this could increase your brain power, or it could kill you..." "Increase my killing power, ehh???"

Posts: 1153 | From: Houston, TX | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
the king

I wouldnt be suprise if he was
the king

Kill Eye

Icon 96 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
hmmmm, perhaps I started this rumour... People ask me all the time if famous people are gay, as if by being gay myself I can, without ever meeting a person, immediately determine his/her sexuality.

I usually answer based on if I'd like the object of the inquiry to be gay, I've answered the question about Dave Matthews in the affermative several times.

Kill "don't know if he is, but if he was near my bedroom I wouldn't mind if he were" Eye

B Hamilton
Xboxing Day

Icon 08 posted      Profile for B Hamilton   E-mail B Hamilton   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Kill Eye said
quote:
People ask me all the time if famous people are gay, as if by being gay myself I can, without ever meeting a person, immediately determine his/her sexuality.
So, is Macauley Culkin gay? "Macaulay Culkin gay" thread on snopes

Bev [Wink] Hamilton

--------------------
"This is my family. I found it all on my own. It's little & broken but still good."

Posts: 1338 | From: Orlando | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
evil_evan

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kill Eye:
hmmmm, perhaps I started this rumour... People ask me all the time if famous people are gay, as if by being gay myself I can, without ever meeting a person, immediately determine his/her sexuality.

Well DUH! Don't you know that minorities, including homosexuals, African-Americans and Latinos have this underground networks that inform them about members of the same group?
Hippy Chick

Icon 87 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought you all had "Gaydar" TM.

Another illusion shattered.

Hippy Chick

evil_evan

Well I'm not gay (there's nothing wrong with it I'm just not LOL) but A LOT of people think like that.
PatYoung
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 01 posted      Profile for PatYoung   E-mail PatYoung   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sounds like a new topic. Which snopesters are gay?

--------------------
pat "Megadittoes Rush" young

THUMP, THUMP, THUMP

Posts: 5442 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ParaDiddle
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 01 posted      Profile for ParaDiddle   E-mail ParaDiddle       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PatYoung:
Sounds like a new topic. Which snopesters are gay?

Straight or Gay?
The Rules

1. All respondents must choose (at least) one.

2. If the respondent is currently in a significant dry spell (i.e. no recent sexual contact) re-evaluation of status may be necessary.

3. In the event of re-evaluation, proof of recent sexual contact is the responsibility of the respondent.

4. When necessary, judges may invoke reclassification of sexual status at their sole discretion.

- Para "Let the judging commence" Diddle

Posts: 1856 | From: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MilkyWay Midway Bill

quote:
Originally posted by ParaDiddle:
1. All respondents must choose (at least) one...

Hey, as long as I get the BJ (not give!), it's all good! [Laughing out loud]

Midway "just kidding Honey" Bill

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages