snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Entertainment Archive » back to the 60's - Was Robin Too "Blessed"?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: back to the 60's - Was Robin Too "Blessed"?
thisbe
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Okay - anyone remember this? I read in a magazine back in the late 60's that the actor who played Robin in the Batman series, Burt Ward, had a problem with his costume. Allegedly, he was sporting too much of a 'bulge' in his tights to get past the censors, so he had to take some hormone shots to reduce it.... deflating his ego?? [Smile]

Anyone know if this is true or was it just a fable?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Green Fool

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
......Come on... Do you really need to ask?

West and Ward got so much Bat-tail in their day it would make your batmobile wheels spin.

Kathy B
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Kathy B     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Amy Reiter of Salon wrote in 1999 Holy gonads, Batman
quote:
Burt Ward, who played the Caped Crusader's trusty sidekick, Robin, on the classic '60s TV show, has ripped the mask of secrecy off the randy goings-on backstage at the Batcave. Turns out the Batphone wasn't the only insistently throbbing red thing on the show's action-packed set.

The "volume of conquests" under Batman star Adam West's cape were simply staggering, Ward recently told E!, even by sexy '60s standards. "There were times when I'd go behind one of the scrims and there would be Adam, and I'd look down and there was some beautiful young lady on her knees," he recalled. (And you thought Spidey was the swinger.)

What's more, Ward waxed, the Boy Wonder moniker may have been all too accurate. To appease the network censors, who, he said, "felt the Boy Wonder bulged too much out of his tights," Ward had to double up on undies and strap down his own ample Batappendage. Right, little Robin. Bet that's what all the superheroes say.

Burt Ward told all in Boy Wonder--My life in tights

--------------------
The plural of "anecdote" is not "data."

Posts: 4255 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
thisbe

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
well, i was half right....

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages