snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Entertainment Archive » Trading Spaces (Page 0)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Trading Spaces
BeachLife
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 87 posted      Profile for BeachLife   Author's Homepage   E-mail BeachLife   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Did you see the hay wall? There is a difference between having your wall painted and some shelves put in, and having hay glued onto your wall. It was one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen. They should have just thrown some barber hair onto the wall for good measure.
I hate the hay on the wall too, but guess what, I didn't sign the contract, nor did I have them a redo a room in my house.

They should have learned a lesson from it. Adults learn from their mistakes, not blame others and file suit. The lesson anyone who's watched the show should know, is you have to give up and hope for the best.

Beach...if they had such great decorating ideas of their own they wouldn't be calling on TLC...Life!

--------------------
Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone.
Jack Dragon, On Being a Dragon
Confessions of a Dragon's scribe
Diary of my Heart Surgery

Posts: 12094 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Blue june_miller
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I will be dead in the cold cold ground before I turn the re-decorating of my home over to a total stranger. I am way too anal-retentive to let someone who may have atrocious (or at least very different from mine) taste screw with my suroundings. Plus I am kind of a homebody so the appearance and feel of my home is very important.

Luckily I have good taste! [Wink]

I had no idea that this show was so contriversial; I'll definately have to check it out.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pogue Ma-humbug
Happy Christmas (Malls are Open)

Icon 05 posted      Profile for Pogue Ma-humbug   E-mail Pogue Ma-humbug   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by megaira:
Hildi was the hay walls. ...

I happened to be flipping around the dial when I came across this very show, and kept it on because I couldn't figure out if it was real or somebody's idea of a joke.

The hay on the walls confused the heck out of me, because I couldn't figure out the point. I have seen homes built out of hay -- put the bales tightly together and you have nice foundation walls -- but couldn't imagine the point of decorating with it.

I'll just add this to my list of shows I cannot fathom how they get people to go on.

Pogue "I'll decorate my own rooms, thank you" Mahone

--------------------
Let's drink to the causes in your life:
Your family, your friends, the union, your wife.

Posts: 11325 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
megaira

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What blew my mind about it (hay walls) was that it showed absolute and utter disregard for the homeowners themselves. It's not so much "will they like it" but "if they hate it, as it's very possible they will, will this be really hard for them to undo?" - the one girl asked "how do you remove this??" "the same way you remove wallpaper" -oh, really, you can steam the hay and peel it off in sheets? Are they supposed to scrape it off? Pick it off? Sand it off? A room that size? That's so wrong... it was, IMO, teenage thinking... "hahaha, I'll just slap it on" and no thought to getting it off...and even if the homeowners loved it, straw and hay are fragile...unless they're mixed into mud, when they sit out in the open like that, even with the glue, pieces are going to come off and get on furniture... the kids will pick parts off... I'd give it a week of high humidity before their wall looks like a ratty mess (moreso than it was). And here I spent years with a broom out in the barn getting loose straw OFF the walls.

Strawbale homes are nifty -btw... I've seen a few books on them, quite interesting. The firehazard potential of it always scared the snot out of me... one spark! Books say they're actually pretty fire retardant. Having seen the remains of barns that have gone up in flames, I have a hard time believing that...especially when one of the fires was started by improperly cured slightly damp hay. D'oh.

Meg

mouse

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
There are not enough words to describe what horrible people and even worse designers both Hildy and Doug are. But in Doug's defense (dear lord i can't believe i said that), the fireplace was not actually touched itself. He built something over the fireplace which could be removed with the fireplace unscathed. Or so was my understanding. But it was a terrible room and the only one where the homeowner was so upset you could hear her sobbing offcamera.

And in the moss wall's defence... the moss was dead and specially treated for decoration purposes. Unlike the hay.

And yes, even with the hay, they can't sue because they knwo what the people on this show do, and they signed all sorts of agreements and legally have very little say. Even though the hay room cost more to fix than it did to create because....

Ta-da. I just happen to have a link to an article about this very tragedy:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2002/02/27/HO169339.DTL

I could actually say more things about this episode -and others, but mostly this one- to horrify you more, but i think this is enough horror for one post.

angel161718

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I actually, much to my best friends dismay, liked the look of the hay. It was really different. However, for the kind of household this couple run, it was completely impractical. There were all kinds of safety issues and medical issues. What if someone had been allergic to the hay? Like I said, I liked it, but I wouldn't really want it done to my home. It's interesting to look at, but who wants to clean up that mess?
birdman
We Three Blings

Icon 01 posted      Profile for birdman   E-mail birdman   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The safety issue really scares me too. I hope the Trading Spaces contract includes a clause about your house burning down because Doris Q. Dumbf*ck wanted to make a lamp out of crepe paper. Or because Shifty McSh*thead wanted to carve a hole in the wall and seal it up with putty instead of wood (hopefully they'll never hang pictures on that wall). I also hope the contract says that they aren't responsible for damage to your possessions or property (such as the Douglas fir mantle that was hacked up and replaced with pine, or any number of times that they paint over antique wood, without any thought to the permanent damage certain types of paint can do). Or how about your neighbor's property, such as the branch of lemon tree that was ripped off, in spite of a fence indicating the property line?

These designers cut so many corners, it's not even funny; it's a health concern... like the time they painted a kitchen stove top. A STOVE, you know, those things that put out lots of HEAT?? I hope they were using a water-based paint with no chemical pigments in it! (I assume they at least had enough sense not to paint the actual burners.)

Here's another article about Trading Spaces. It gives some insight into how the show is filmed, and how they get it all done in two days. I like it except for the part where the author seems to blame Pam for not liking the ugly fireplace that made her sob uncontrollably, calling her "stubborn" and "unadventurous". How about, "doesn't like ugly sh*t" or "has better design taste than the show designers who spent four years in school to learn how to turn tacky into putrid"? I've seen some amazing crap in my four years at art school, but Hildi and Doug really take the cake (and then replace the frosting with feathers and write "Happy Birthday" with Elmer's glue, topped off with Crayola crayons for candles).

And then Doug gets all snippy and ego-trippy about the fireplace incident: "I'm sorry it disappoints you." Maybe a group of neighbors could pool their $1000 allotments and send him back to design school... but with today's schools, that might just make it worse. We'll have more faux-Modernism with black-n-white stripes sloppily painted over the hardwood floor, more hay on the walls, more shards of glass sticking out of fireplaces. I'm just waiting for Doug and Hildi to cover the floor with sharp rocks, replace the sofa with styrofoam egg cartons, and drill holes in the "kitschy" Victorian woodwork so they can hang thorny rose branches they stole from the neighbor's yard.

And call it art.

bird "I'm sorry it disappoints me too" man

Posts: 1104 | From: near Cleveland, Ohio | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
RingKeeper
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 02 posted      Profile for RingKeeper     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What is wrong with these designers? Is it the paint fumes that have affected their ability to think logically? The hay on the walls was on obvious health risk, especially in a house hold with a baby? The article said there is a form filled out and a preinterview, do they pay attention to these or is it just for show. I remember a show I saw where Hildi, once again, tried and orthogonal design on this couples basement recroom. It was dark, dark blue with a white grid all around the walls. It was a basement, very dark, and now with a Tron pattern in it. She put candy in sealed boxes on the walls for the kids. Great idea! The kids would have them torn off trying to get the candy inside. She also removed the sofa and replaced it with nine ottomans. I think it is safe to say this woman has no children.

As for taking things from others yeards, I have seen several episodes where Doug removed things from other's yards for his use.

Ring "Give me back my bird bath!" Keeper

--------------------
There are just some things a dog can't explain to a monkey.

Posts: 2529 | From: Newfoundland | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Astra
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Astra     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I saw the one with the dark blue with white stripes and the candy on the walls. That was the dumbest idea on earth. God knows how nasty-looking that candy is going to be in a few months.

--------------------
This has been yet another... USELESS POST.

Posts: 6105 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DiscoSox

I think the one with the basement room with the white and blue grid (It was supposed to be a Scrabble theme.) and the candy in jars was the episode my former neighbor was on. They also painted the floor of the basement, and the floor was concrete. It would peel up in a matter of weeks.

I was actually in the basement before the "makeover." It was like a dorm room/frat house without the funk. It was a great place to watch a game. It kind of lost that zeal with the Scrabble theme.

I saw another episode in which a ceiling light and/or fan was installed. And they left the wiring on the outside of the ceiling and wall, and then painted over them.

Disco "You don't like the moss wall because you are middle class and boring." Sox

Mr. Fed
Happy Holly Days

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Mr. Fed   Author's Homepage   E-mail Mr. Fed   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've seen this a few times. I always got the feeling that some of the designers held the homeowners in contempt -- that they saw the people who lived in these houses as shallow, unsophisticated, uncultured middle-Americans and thought that they deserved to have their tastes "challenged" by designs that they knew the homeowners (and 99% of other people) would hate. In other words, the designers struck me as living up to the worst stereotypes of the modern artist -- the arrogant, hostile elitist snob.

--------------------
With occasional, half-hearted, semi-literate blogging comes great responsibility.

Posts: 1621 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sheduck

quote:
Originally posted by DiscoSox:
I think the one with the basement room with the white and blue grid (It was supposed to be a Scrabble theme.)

The white and blue grid was from the mind of Hildi, and the theme of the room was 'orthoganal design'.

There was another rec room/family room done by Genevieve which was based on a Scrabble board; brown squares on the floor (or maybe it was the ceiling) and a pillow made to look like the centre star square on a scrabble board.

-Sheduck

Astra
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Astra     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sheduck:
The white and blue grid was from the mind of Hildi, and the theme of the room was 'orthoganal design'.

I saw that episode a few months ago. In calculus the other day, my teacher mentione orthagonal functions... I almost cracked up in my seat thinking of that idiot Hildi and the way she kept saying it over and over and over again. I think the rest of the class probably thought I was losing my mind.

--------------------
This has been yet another... USELESS POST.

Posts: 6105 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
melissababe

Icon 23 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
yeah, she kept freaking out when people said 'plaid', like it was a dirty word or something. I mean plaid was the word for it. Looked like my kitchen tea towels.
Kiefer Wombat, Average Son

Icon 15 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"Orthogonal design" really sounds like one of those vague, fancy-sounding terms you use when you want people to think you're smarter than you actually are. After all, how often do you see a house that's not designed orthogonally? How many pieces of furniture do you own that don't stand perpendicular to the floor? "Orthogonal design" is either jargon or costume jewelry.

Kiefer "prefers hexagonal houses" Wombat, Average Son

Ophelia42
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 19 posted      Profile for Ophelia42         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Just a note on the episode with the bawling lady (Pam, I guess her name was?)

There was an update from her on some message board (I think it was on a Delphi message board, but I can't seem to find the message now. I'll try to paraphrase it here)

There were a few things she mentioned - first - her Grandmother had been rushed to the hospital in the middle of filming, and they wouldn't let her leave until they were done. So that was one thing that may have given her some excuse as to why she was so upset.

Also, the fireplace front was (number one) planned from the beginning - it wasn't something Doug just came up with off the top of his head. It also was not quite as easy to move as it seemed. They used some kind of caulk (or something) to attach it to the ceiling and floor (they put the gunk on the rug - so that had to be replaced) The cover itself had a few problems as well. It covered up the controls to the (gas?) fireplace, so they had no way to get in.... When it was removed, they (supposedly) found bare wires from the lamps that were smoldering on the sawdust left behind from the holes for the lamps that were installed. So basically, it was a good thing they took it down.

Posts: 37 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
teenspirit91

I am an avid fan of Trading Spaces, and I watch the show everyday at 3pm, as well as every Saturday night when they do two or three episodes in a row.
If you are a fan of the show, you should know that Hildy was only on the show for the first season. Any design you see her doing is just a rerun. I am not sure about the particulars, all I know is that she left the show.
The designers that are still activiely involved are Gen, Laurie, Vern, and Doug...Frank is on the show every once in a while, but I think he has gone more to the sidelines. Carpenters are Ty and Amy (?...I think that's her name...I really don't like her woodworking skills, so I don't always watch the show when she is the carpenter).
The show is good overall, but I admit, there are some really bad designs. Did anyone see the episode where Laurie chose to do a blue and yellow pastel striped living room..I thought that it was horrible looking. Or the one where Doug decided to make a home theater (literally) out of a living room, with stadium seating and everything? The kids had nowhere to have their frineds over anymore and the room was too dark to use as a family room anymore. Anyway, I am done rambling on and on.

melissababe

quote:
If you are a fan of the show, you should know that Hildy was only on the show for the first season. Any design you see her doing is just a rerun. I am not sure about the particulars, all I know is that she left the show.
Are you sure you are not thinking of the former host, Alex Macleod, who left after the first season. Although checking out the TLC website I did notice that Hildi has only done a few shows in the second season. She does however appear in them with Paige, who is the host this season. Hildi also is in this celebrity show coming up tomorrow. Regardless, the less of her, the better. (Poor people who have to have her as their designer.)
Cure the Blues
We Three Blings

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Cure the Blues     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by melissababe:
quote:
Are you sure you are not thinking of the former host, Alex Macleod, who left after the first season.
Maybe she's thinking of Lamp Lady Dez. I read an article from USA Today about the celebrity ep, and Hildi and Vern were the designers. BTW, Vern is apparently bothered when the homeowners don't like his design; Hildi predictably has no such qualms.

The designers over on HGTV seem to do a great job working with the homeowners to get a design that they like. I'd like to see what they're capable of on a paltry $1K budget.

--------------------
"Of all the Daliesque tourist traps in the world, we had to walk into this one."

Posts: 1186 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ChickMarie
Deck the Malls

Icon 01 posted      Profile for ChickMarie   E-mail ChickMarie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hildi is still around. The designer Dez and the host Alex left after the first season.

I'm one of those crazed fans who join message boards about the show and watch it whenever I can [Smile]

Kel

Posts: 306 | From: Palmdale, CA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
muas

quote:
Originally posted by teenspirit91:
Or the one where Doug decided to make a home theater (literally) out of a living room, with stadium seating and everything?

Heh, I saw that the other day. I thought it was the home's basement, though. It was a pretty cool-sounding idea, but it didn't turn out well at all. The silliest thing was that you had the big seats, the curtains, the walkways and all, and then their medium-sized TV hanging from the ceiling (a safety risk in itself, probably) looking extremely out of place.

If the homeowners didn't immediately redecorate after TS left, they certainly couldn't have sat there and watched TV, because it'd be too small from the back rows (at least, it looked like it would be) and too uncomfortable. They'd have to buy an actual big-screen TV. [Roll Eyes]

moonlight
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 13 posted      Profile for moonlight   E-mail moonlight   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't believe nobody mentioned the episode where Hildi spray-paints a couch, loveseat and chair with hot pink paint, and then leaves it outside under a tent overnight to dry, and the tent blows away, the couches get wet and all the furniture is ruined.

They had to go over budget and buy the people new furniture. Hildi is such an idiot. Who in their right mind would paint a couch? Everyone just had looks on their faces like "what a complete moron" while Hildi was just spraying away and talking about how sometimes she just does whatever comes to mind, he he he.

And don't even get me started about the circus-tent room (Hildi) or the rusted wall (Genevieve). Doug is an idiot too.

--------------------
I'm back to lurking.

Posts: 2709 | From: Illinois | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
melissababe

quote:
Originally posted by moonlight:
I can't believe nobody mentioned the episode where Hildi spray-paints a couch, loveseat and chair with hot pink paint, and then leaves it outside under a tent overnight to dry, and the tent blows away, the couches get wet and all the furniture is ruined.

They had to go over budget and buy the people new furniture. Hildi is such an idiot. Who in their right mind would paint a couch? Everyone just had looks on their faces like "what a complete moron" while Hildi was just spraying away and talking about how sometimes she just does whatever comes to mind, he he he.

And don't even get me started about the circus-tent room (Hildi) or the rusted wall (Genevieve). Doug is an idiot too.

I actually had an idea about the pink couch episode. The husband hated the idea and was so upset he sabotaged the tent so it would blow away, knowing that they would have to replace the couches. If you notice on that episode, Paige was wondering how the tent could have blown away and Hildi was like, 'I thought it was tied down really good' and the husband looked like he was totally avoiding the situation the next day...like he was guilty or something. I don't know, just my take on the whole thing.
Brandi
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 05 posted      Profile for Brandi     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You know, I had a sneaking suspicion the husband 'accidentally' didn't tie town the tent either.

It really was a bad idea, especially since the bright pink she was using on the furniture was just different enough from the walls to clash in a really appalling way.

[I swear, if I ever got on this show and found out Hildi was doing my room I'd do my damndest to break the contract.]

Posts: 2787 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Callie Cat
Xboxing Day

Icon 99 posted      Profile for Callie Cat     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by muas:
quote:
Originally posted by teenspirit91:
Or the one where Doug decided to make a home theater (literally) out of a living room, with stadium seating and everything?

Heh, I saw that the other day. I thought it was the home's basement, though. It was a pretty cool-sounding idea, but it didn't turn out well at all. The silliest thing was that you had the big seats, the curtains, the walkways and all, and then their medium-sized TV hanging from the ceiling (a safety risk in itself, probably) looking extremely out of place.

About those chairs on the risers. Is it just me or do those look really dangerous? I didn't think they were nailed down and from the top riser that was a fairly high fall, especially for kids.

That episode made me laugh though. You could FEEL the tension between the female homeowner and Doug - they did not get along at all [Big Grin]

Posts: 1304 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brandi
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Brandi     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I liked Doug's home theatre, but it didn't really seem to fit with the interests of the homeowners (admittedly, all I really remember was that they liked to hunt; I don't know what other hobbies they had).

In a house *I* owned, that would've been cool 'cause I am a big movie junkie.

Posts: 2787 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
abracadabra

I've seen one where a woman was crying because she didn't like the room. Was that the fireplace one where the room was, like, black (a lot of it was) and the other couple's room had all the farm-looking people in it?

The only designers I like are Frank, Laurie, and Vern. I hate Doug. [Mad]

schemmy
Xboxing Day

Icon 01 posted      Profile for schemmy   Author's Homepage   E-mail schemmy   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My Father and I are both avid fans of the show. I told him about the lawsuit, and he laughed it off. Then in the next episode we saw, they put peel-and-stick tile on linoleum floors. His reaction was:

quote:

I tell you what, if they put peel and stick tile on my linoleum, I'd NFBSKing sue 'em.

-Not Your Father's Morlock

--------------------
a real one-man army, huh? | Bad Beat Baseball Blog

Posts: 1222 | From: Lafayette, LA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Macheath

My wife and I love the show, and we know two other couples who also enjoy watching it. My wife likes it because it gives her lots of decorating ideas. Fortunately these ideas seem to be restricted to the tasteful, simple, achievable sort.

I know that I would have a lot of reservations about being on the show, particularly since I live in Atlanta. Who else lives in Atlanta? Hildi. Yup, she's local. I'd figure that means there's a good chance she'd be on the show. Of course, Vern is also local, and I'd LOVE to have him do a room in our house. I almost always enjoy his designs (particularly his feng shui living room he designed for [IMO] an undeserving mother/daughter pair). Hildi makes me cringe. I think there have been one or two rooms she has done that I actually liked.

Ty is also local (he's one of the carpenters). In fact, my buddy Oz ran into Ty at a play. According to my pal, Ty is a funny, cool guy.

As for myself, the shows I enjoy the most are the ones that have Paige, Genevieve, and Amy all on one episode. Cause they are smooooookin'! There's somethin' about a hot carpenter chick covered in sawdust. . . .

Mack da "I'm such a tool" Knife

Kells

Icon 95 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think that TS is a great show. i have gotten a lot of great ideas from the show. [Roll Eyes] I definately do not like some of the rooms @ completion, but that is part of the fun of the show.
I watched yesterday and Vern Yip did a room that he said was not at all to his taste, but that he knew that the homeowners would like. Not all the designers are so bad! Give them a Chance! ! [Smile]

Brandi
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Brandi     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kells:

I watched yesterday and Vern Yip did a room that he said was not at all to his taste, but that he knew that the homeowners would like. Not all the designers are so bad! Give them a Chance! ! [Smile]

[I'd've emailed this to you but you don't have an address linked]

If you've been following the thread, the general consensus seems to be that only Doug and Hildy tend to be putzes; the rest of the decorators are well-liked.

Tootsie Plunkette
Buy a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Tootsie Plunkette   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
We get the original version, Changing Rooms, on BBC America. I strongly prefer it to Trading Spaces, partly because I think the designers are more talented and creative (and responsive to the teams), but mostly because the British homes they get to work with are so much more interesting!

--------------------
--Tootsie

Posts: 5017 | From: Greater Seattle | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dimitrij

quote:
Originally posted by megaira:
Strawbale homes are nifty -btw... I've seen a few books on them, quite interesting. The firehazard potential of it always scared the snot out of me... one spark! Books say they're actually pretty fire retardant. Having seen the remains of barns that have gone up in flames, I have a hard time believing that...especially when one of the fires was started by improperly cured slightly damp hay. D'oh.

Meg

Well, the thing with hay/straw-homes is that the bales are so tightly packed that there's hardly any air inside of them and they are soaked in some type of liquid that's supposed to hinder that they start to burn. Hay left in barns are seldom packed this hard, because there's no point in doing so. I would like to think that a house
build of hay is about as flameable as an ordinary house build out of wood.

Cowboy Bebop

quote:
Originally posted by Tootsie Plunkette:
We get the original version, Changing Rooms, on BBC America. I strongly prefer it to Trading Spaces, partly because I think the designers are more talented and creative (and responsive to the teams), but mostly because the British homes they get to work with are so much more interesting!

I know some friends in Britian that applied for the show once, in hopes of turing a neighbors room into an S&M Dungeon as a gag.

Truth be told, they never got called in.

Macheath

[/QUOTE]I know some friends in Britian that applied for the show once, in hopes of turing a neighbors room into an S&M Dungeon as a gag.
QB][/QUOTE]

Pun intended?

Mack da "mmpff ffmmm hmmm frmm" Knife

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages