snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Critters Archive » Hawaii has Kangaroos??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hawaii has Kangaroos??
Cowboy Bebop
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A friend from Hawaii poked fun in his e-mail that "Yes, along with the Kokee Tree Frogs that keep you up in the night, thsoe damn Kangaroo's come down from the mountain, eat our crops, and use our fountain as our toilet."

Kangaroo's in Hawaii?? Is that true??

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sparverius, Flying Rodent Control

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Let's see, if you send me a ticket I'll gladly go to Hawaii to research the topic!
Richard W
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Richard W   E-mail Richard W   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well I've been to Hawaii and I didn't see any, but I saw several in Australia (no camels, though). So that proves it, there aren't any.
Posts: 8725 | From: Ipswich - the UK's 9th Best Place to Sleep! | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sparverius, Flying Rodent Control

Icon 05 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
No kangaroos in Hawaii, or no camels in Australia?

Drat, now I've got TWO places to check out.

Kathy B
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathy B     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This kangaroo is native to Hawaii Hawaiian kangaroo

Here's another Hawaiian kangaroo

There is a wallaby in Hawaii, Hawaiian Rock Wallaby

Kathy "they are buried in Roo-t biers" B.

--------------------
The plural of "anecdote" is not "data."

Posts: 4255 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cowboy Bebop

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Damn Wallaby!!

ARGH...guess I gotta tell my friend...

Richard W
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard W   E-mail Richard W   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kathy Don't B.Cruel:
This kangaroo is native to Hawaii Hawaiian kangaroo

I notice it's achieved "Nudibranch of the Week" status - go Ceratosoma tenue!

Hawaii seems to be quite careful now about letting introduced animals escape - in Honolulu zoo they were only allowed to have one snake of each species, which had to be male, just in case any escaped. So the Rock Wallabies wouldn't get out these days...

Posts: 8725 | From: Ipswich - the UK's 9th Best Place to Sleep! | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Archangel
Spider Cider

Icon 99 posted      Profile for Archangel     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
There are lots and lots of camels in Australia - it's largely desert, so when the Afghans brought Camels here they did very well. - Hasn't anybody seen Mad Max 3 - starts with a camel train.

Maybe the Hawaiians took along some Kangaroos when they started cultivating the Australian Macadamia nut - yes its Australian, not Hawaiian natively - so there you go

Posts: 1749 | From: -> Canberra <-/ Hong Kong / London | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages