snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Fun House » Funny, made up doctor names

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Funny, made up doctor names
DawnStorm
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 202 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A few years ago, my husband and I went to a Halloween party. I dressed up as a doctor, and Mark, in his infinate sense of humor, came up with the following department heads in my hospital....
Cardiology: Ken Breakhearts
Ob/Gyn: Jimmy Swaggert
Nutrition: Calista Flockhart
Urology: Hugh G. Rection

I wish I could remember more [Frown] ; I was telling him about the current message board theme and he was reminded of that list he made up.
[lol] <<----Mark as I was describing the this month's and last month's Snopes message board theme.

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LikeHeyScoob
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LikeHeyScoob   E-mail LikeHeyScoob   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My urologist is Dr. Ianotti.
He did my vasectomy, he has also performed the procedure for a few friends.
We call him Dr. Tie-a-Knotti.

Less amusing than Hugh G. Rection, but true.

--------------------
Support you local community newspaper! CNN.com probably won't be covering your child's spelling bee.

Posts: 609 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You're just lucky you didn't get Dr. Kutzkokiov...

--------------------
~~Ai am in mai prrrrrraime!~~

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
showmom
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for showmom     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My mom went to a doctor in Baltimore called Dr Peter Enis. Can't remember what his speciality was though - gynae I think?

--------------------
Bull elephants only copulate for 20 seconds. This should make a lot of men feel better.

Posts: 134 | From: Carlisle, PA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Adelaide
Remembrances of Things Bass

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adelaide   E-mail Adelaide   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The Northern VA snopesters may be able to confirm this, but my sister once told me there were 2 OBGYNs in the area named Dr. Cutter and Dr. Beaver. (not in practice together)

--------------------
Natural selection is a beguiling counterfeiter of deliberate purpose. - Richard Dawkins

Posts: 620 | From: Alaska | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lilybet
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lilybet     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
For a few years I went to a dentist in Vienna (Virginia) named Dr. Nibley.

--------------------
A day in the life: Human woman *** Frozen turkey

Posts: 1361 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
I'mNotDedalus
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I'mNotDedalus   Author's Homepage   E-mail I'mNotDedalus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My lawyer's name is Dick Slocum. No kiddin'.

--------------------
The salty fragrance of L’Eau I’mNotDedalus - made entirely of and entirely for sea turtles.

Posts: 1983 | From: Chicagoland, IL | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Something

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Something   Author's Homepage   E-mail Something   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Worked at a hospital where they had Dr. Dye and Dr. Posthumous. They were surgeons, not sure of speciality. I always grinned at the overhead pages for those two.

--------------------
If I'm not here, it's because I'm out.

Posts: 198 | From: Northern California | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mr. Furious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Furious   Author's Homepage   E-mail Mr. Furious   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My dentist's name is Chip Silvertooth. His real first name is Eugene, but he goes by Chip.

Kind of like a funeral director going by "Digger," I suppose. [Smile]

--------------------
"He's not gonna let me in, I'm Mr. Dirty Mouth!"
- Jeffrey Coho (Craig Bierko), Boston Legal

Posts: 8729 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Autumn Neko
The Seahorse Whisperer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Autumn Neko   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I went to a skin doctor in Tennessee called Dr. Rash (very nice doctor, btw).. There's also a urologist in my area called Dr. Concepción.

And let's not forget Dr. Paine in Va Beach.. Plus I recall seeing a sign for a dentist called Dr. Hurt.

--------------------
"...and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does."
~~Groucho Marx~~

Posts: 392 | From: Virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My optometrist has a partner named Dr. Hearing. I've often wondered why he didn't become an ear doctor.

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ChildofMusic
Deck the Malls

Icon 216 posted      Profile for ChildofMusic   E-mail ChildofMusic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Do you think any of these doctors changed their names to be a bit more...humorous? Some of them are just so coincidental!

*takes out pad and pen* I am studying to be a doctor, you know. Gotta keep my sense of humor! [Wink]

--------------------
- ChildofMusic

"Music is one of the fairest and most glorious gifts of God." -Martin Luther

Posts: 231 | From: Somewhere up in Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tootsie Plunkette
Buy a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tootsie Plunkette   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dr. Cleaver was my dentist for many years.

--------------------
--Tootsie

Posts: 5017 | From: Greater Seattle | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bored and Dangerous
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bored and Dangerous   Author's Homepage   E-mail Bored and Dangerous   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My gynecologist for the longest time was a nurse practicioner named Joy Hogg, who was as round as she was tall. I thought it was a bit of an irony.

--------------------
My blog

Watch?? I'm gonna pray, man! Know any good religions?--Zaphod Beeblebrox

Posts: 2366 | From: Harrisonburg, Virginia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Autumn Neko
The Seahorse Whisperer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Autumn Neko   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ChildofMusic:
Do you think any of these doctors changed their names to be a bit more...humorous? Some of them are just so coincidental!

I've always wondered that, too.. I thought Dr. Rash the skin doctor was a joke until I was scheduled for an appointment with him! Maybe these people were just born to be doctors in these fields [Razz]

--------------------
"...and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does."
~~Groucho Marx~~

Posts: 392 | From: Virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
paisley claus
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paisley claus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
There's a chiropractor in the area here who is Dr. Tickel... but it gets better.

The temporary banner hung over the door when he first moved into his current office space read:

"Dr. Will Tickel"

Is that a promise????

--------------------
"Oh, now we're going to start judging each other on things we've done?? Real fair!"

Posts: 1114 | From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
There is a very good podiatrist in this area known as Dr. Footer.

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sharon, way down South

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon, way down South   E-mail Sharon, way down South   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
We have a dentist in Birmingham named Gregory Rape!

--------------------
Its seafood night, if you see it, you should eat it, cause I'm not cooking it.

Posts: 128 | From: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Goof
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Goof     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
We have a breast surgeon here in Tucson named
Dr. Tittensor. Always cracks me up when I process a referral to him.

--------------------
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid,than to open it and remove all doubt."- Mark Twain

Posts: 426 | From: Tucson, AZ (The Old Pueblo) | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Eleanor
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eleanor   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My dentist in Colorado Springs was named Doctor Payne. He was the coolest dentist I ever had. I guess he had to have a sense of humor.

Doctor Doolittle had an office three doors down from my house in CS.

--------------------

Posts: 619 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages