snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » What did James get for Christmas? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What did James get for Christmas?
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr:
quote:
Originally posted by Aud:
quote:
Originally posted by AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr:
Also, while I seem to be unable to research it at the moment, I recall there has actually been an increase in emergency room visits per capita since bike helmet laws became widespread.

Is this perhaps because they make it to the emergency room rather than going straight to the morgue?

I'm not sure what you mean; are you saying that a significant number of people are being killed by trampoline accidents?

I'm pretty sure Aud was talking about bike accidents not trampoline accidents. As to the morgue comment - strictly anecdotal of course but if it were not for a bike helmet I may well have been identifying my husband's body at a morgue rather than picking him up in an emergency room. He has fallen, at speed, twice - both times he impacted on his head and was just a little dazed from that - the emergency visit was for stitches for the other injuries he sustained. If he'd landed on his head sans helmet I suspect those stitches would have been the least of his worries!

--------------------
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr

Posts: 18428 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Here's what I was talking about. The bicycle helmet wiki also provides some references to such studies.

--------------------
"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."--George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 19266 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bach_girl
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bach_girl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Monza305:
<> to your son.

We have a trampoline, & that is my biggest nightmare. Thankfully, nothing has happened yet, & we've had it for 3 years.

Nothing to have parental guilt. Knock on wood.

Do you like tempting fate?

I am not sure why, as a parent, you would keep something that is admittedly your biggest nightmare- and allow your children to play on it.

--------------------
"My Very Educated Mother Just Said Uh-oh! No...Pluto..."~ Steven Colbert

Posts: 3256 | From: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages