snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » I hit a parked car! (Page 0)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I hit a parked car!
Doug4.7
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug4.7   E-mail Doug4.7   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, my middle daughter dented a truck a whole lot worse than your description with her French Horn case. That little incident will cost me $200-300. [Frown]

--------------------
And now for something completely different...

Posts: 4164 | From: Alabama | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
dfresh
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dfresh   E-mail dfresh   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My mom let me use her car when she was away, when I was about 18. When I parked it, I hit the car next to me. It did no visible damage to the other car, but somehow smashed two panels of her car. Did I mention that it was her NEW car, less than 5,000 miles on it?
So, don't worry lionswims, at least you don't have to explain to your mom how you managed to do thousands worth of damage to her new car. Her first new car EVER.

Posts: 420 | From: Oxford, PA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
blucanary
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blucanary   Author's Homepage   E-mail blucanary   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think everyone hits a car while parking at least once in their lives. I swear they keep making the spaces smaller and the cars bigger.

--------------------
I would add my signature but the pen won't write on the screen.

Posts: 458 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My parked SUV was hit in the parking lot of the shopping center that housed my son's martial arts academy and the DMV three doors down. This poor young man completed the entire test and had passed till he pulled into the parking lot and hit my vehicle.

He was in his 20s and taking his driver's test for the ump-teenth time. He'd suffered a head injury when he was younger and had been working so hard and the driver's test was a final step for him. I felt so bad for him. And it was just a few deep scratches in the grey part of my fiberglass bumpher, I wouldn't have even noticed them if the police officer hadn't pointed them out.

In the same parking lot, a few years later, my husband backed up in the nearly-empty lot and backed into the only other vehicle in the lot. Knocked the license plate off.

So yeah, it happens.

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I once hit my dad's brand new Ford LTD with my crappy old Volkswagon bug backing it out of our garage. I went running into the house clutching a huge piece of metal that had come off dad's car - he was really cool about it until he got outside and realised the big piece of metal was off *his* car. I shall draw a veil over the ensuing conversation!

Anyway my sympathies Lionswim - as others have said these things do happen and you will never get your confidence back about driving if you let this frighten you into giving up. Good luck!

--------------------
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr

Posts: 18428 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DevilBunny
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DevilBunny   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I was once in my father's passenger seat when he hit a parked car.

Mine.

--------------------
"For God has seven thousand names, and one of them is bastard"

Posts: 420 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rhiandmoi
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhiandmoi   E-mail Rhiandmoi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It happens. I have hit all sorts of things. Once I was backing out of a carport and trying not to run over a cat. Hit the support pole. Once I was backing out of my alley trying not to run over a toddler, hit a little metal pole that prevents you from hiting the electric cabinet. One time I was trying to park in my garage and trying not to run over my brother, hit the side of the garage opening. Once I was parking in a car port and trying not to hit a bush on the left side, hit the pole on the right side. Luckily I have not run over any living creatures, so I take the scrapes on my car.

--------------------
I think that hyperbole is the single greatest factor contributing to the decline of society. - My friend Pat.

What is .02 worth?

Posts: 8745 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Evil_eyes
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evil_eyes   Author's Homepage   E-mail Evil_eyes   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When I was about 17 and newly licensed. I went to the store and while I was backing up my mom's car I hit the car beside me dragging off part of his bumper. I didn't know what to do, so I hightailed it out of there. So yes at one point I did a hit and run. Because I am sure there was some damage to the other car.

E* I was young and stupid*E

--------------------
"Taking all the pain I give you
Loving blindly in return
And I need you more than ever"
WWW.Myspace.com/E_E2000

Posts: 1243 | From: Northern VA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jessboo
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessboo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I dragged my drivers door along a lampost after 2 days of driving the car. I need a new door. I also reversed waaaay too quickly without looking behind me (there's not normally a car there!) and 'scraped' my dad's car. He needed a new panel and 2 new doors.

Oh, and after making me feel guilty for weeks, my dad then reversed into my car. 3 times. 3 different places.

--------------------
Join me on Lost - www.lost.eu/edcf

Do you have any wine? All of this would go a lot smoother in an altered state of reality.

Posts: 779 | From: Southampton, England | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LittleDuck
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleDuck   E-mail LittleDuck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I was backing up closer to the house to clean out my car. I hit the wheelbarrow. I didn't even know we had a wheelbarrow, nevermind that it was waiting by the front stairs. Love those plastic bumpers that don't dent? Not me. There is now a triangular shaped dent/hole in it (not a complete hole since the plastic didnt come out all the way, not a dent since it's a hole).

--------------------
"Silly customer, you cannot hurt a Twinkie." -Apu (The Simpsons)

Posts: 2026 | From: 10 miles South of Boston | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jocko's Jolly
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jocko's Jolly   E-mail Jocko's Jolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
OK, I'll admit my guilt first: I hit my roommate's mother's car once when moving out of the house we shared. She was parked illegally, but I still ended up with the bill, since I was driving the moving vehicle.

But DH, he takes the cake! He seems to have this problem with backing up. Keep in mind he's a cop, they even get EXTRA driving lessons! He hit another police car while backing up, while still in the academy. Then once on patrol, but still on probation, he hit someone's car backing out of an alley. Then another time, in his patrol car, he hit a low pole while backing up.

Is it any wonder that I never let him back out of my parent's garage when they lived in their previous house with its REALLY narrow garage doors (plus there was a hill on one side of the driveway AND all garages in the neighborhood had to face toward the side and not the street -- the trifecta of parking dilemnas!)?

--------------------
Like every good third-in-a-series it contains a whole load of ewoks, ‘Clubber’ Lang, whey-faced Sophia Coppola, Sean Connery as the Pirate Captain’s estranged dad, a crappy CGI alien, and Richard Pryor on a donkey. -- Gideon Defoe

Posts: 2211 | From: Harford County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
blucanary
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blucanary   Author's Homepage   E-mail blucanary   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When I was 18 I was in a church parking lot when I decided to pull forward because all the other kids were hanging around talking behind me and I didn't want to wait for them to leave. Now all the spots to my right and to my left didn't have any of those concrete parking barriers that keep you from pulling through, so I figured I was clear to pull forward. My front tires got over the barrier but it apparently was no longer bolted into the asphalt and my back tires dragged it forward. I had to get all the boys to lift the back end of my car up and over it. Talk about embarassing.

--------------------

Posts: 458 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
frogpond
Jingle Sales

Icon 02 posted      Profile for frogpond   E-mail frogpond   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by blucanary:
When I was 18 I was in a church parking lot when I decided to pull forward because all the other kids were hanging around talking behind me and I didn't want to wait for them to leave. Now all the spots to my right and to my left didn't have any of those concrete parking barriers that keep you from pulling through, so I figured I was clear to pull forward. My front tires got over the barrier but it apparently was no longer bolted into the asphalt and my back tires dragged it forward. I had to get all the boys to lift the back end of my car up and over it. Talk about embarassing.

I did this at a restaurant in Macon. I simply forgot the barrier was there! It didn't pull the barrier loose but I didn't have enough engine power to get the rear wheels over, so me and my 2 fellow coeds had to push the car over - fortunately it was a itty bitty Toyota Tercel and didn't weigh much.

We were all laughing hysterically the whole time. I thought I'd never live it down until one of my passengers was driving with me and my other passenger at the Cherry Blossom Festival and managed to jump her car half onto the sidewalk. (No alcohol was involved in either incident.) After that it was mutually agreed that we would not allow the remaining member of our group to drive us anywhere as the events seemed to be escalating and we were afraid we'd end up on top of a building somewhere!

ETA for spelling.

--------------------
So many books, so little time.

Posts: 1192 | From: McDonough, Georgia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ComicBookGeek
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ComicBookGeek     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I hit a gaspump once [Frown]

--------------------
My Blog

Posts: 177 | From: Mobile, AL | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
evilrabbit
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evilrabbit   E-mail evilrabbit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You wanna hear a bad one? My sister once hit an ambulance. With the siren and lights on.

--------------------
"My sandwich choice is uncertain, until I actually order. It's like Schrodinger's Sandwich."
"Is plutonium involved in this sandwich in any way?"
"Maybe."

Posts: 496 | From: Whitby, ON, Canada | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a pink stripe down the side of my gray car where I scraped a concrete pillar in the parking lot of Dunkin Donuts.

I shouldn't be allowed to drive before coffee. [Eek!]

And remind me some time to tell you the story of how I hit a parked car as I was on my way to take my driving test. Which, after exchanging paperwork with my victim, I then aced. [Big Grin]

Four Kitties

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LeaflessMapleTree
The twelve shopping days 'til Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeaflessMapleTree   E-mail LeaflessMapleTree   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I was backing out of a parking space once (in a parking garage)...that I had BACKED INTO. I was so used to backing out of spaces that I put the car in reverse and drove backward right into the wall. Luckily it was only a small dent in the rear bumper and my mom was cool about it. But jeez I was terrified on the drive home.

--------------------
"For me, religion is like a rhinoceros: I don't have one, and I'd really prefer not to be trampled by yours. But it is impressive, and even beautiful, and, to be honest, the world would be slightly worse off if there weren't any."
-Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 3239 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
blucanary
Jingle Bell Hock

That reminds me of my sisters first time backing out of the garage. Well she didn't actually back out. She ran straight into the freezer. She was 15 and had always driven in an empty parking lot so she never had put the car in reverse before. So she got in and put the car in drive. Look over her shoulder and pulled forward. All my dad said was Woah, in a very calm tone. Which of course didn't make her stop.

Oh another doozey. I guess it was the summer after we got married, or maybe the next one. I had gone to the rental office to pick up our pool passes and decided to go home and eat lunch before going to swim. The rental office is the old Manor house from the farm that took up half of Frederick City. The driveway is a bit narrow and the parking area is slightly up a hill. There's a curb and a drop off right next to the driveway. I had backed into the parking spot and the driveway went off sharply to the right so I made basically a big U turn ran over the curb and got my car caught see-saw style over it.

Because the car had front wheel drive and neither front tire would touch the ground I couldn't back off. The maintenance guys tried to help but no one could get the tire down far enough to get any traction I called my husband in a panic and he drove home from DC to help me and called a tow truck in the meantime. [Frown] The worst part was all the people who lived in apartments nearby kept staring at me. It took him a couple of hours to get home and the tow truck driver couldn't find the place. They claimed they got there and no one was there, but there's no way you could miss my car. I think he just didn't bother to drive up the driveway.

--------------------

MajorC
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MajorC     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I agree with all the posters who have said this is no big deal and the OP shouldn’t feel bad. I’ve dented a few cars but only once caused an actual garage visit resulting in an insurance claim when I rear-ended someone who sneaked up and overtook me on the inside while I was watching for a gap in traffic to pull out. My own stupid fault, though.

You can feel bad when somebody else prangs your car with you in the passenger seat. Years ago, before DH got his license, I was away on business, staying in a B&B. He came to visit for the weekend and I let him drive us around with L plates on cos he was practicing for his test and a fairly competent driver at that time.

Now, I was used to the place I was staying in and knew that you couldn’t turn left into the driveway (I’m in the UK. We drive on the left). The best way to approach the narrow drive flanked by heavy duty steel pillars was to go to the end of the road, do a U-turn and turn right, giving the car more turn angle.

DH disagreed, attempted the left turn and somehow misinterpreted my scream of “NFBSKing BRAKE” for “Accellerate NOW” and gouged a trough along the passenger side of the whole car.

I am, to this day, quite proud of the way I silently let him park, got out of the car saying quietly “I’m a bit angry right now, so can you give me some time alone please?” which he wisely did.

I forgave within an hour or so, and thought I had forgotten all about it until I read this thread. [Smile]

We all make mistakes, but as long as nobody was hurt, you can just write it down to experience.

--------------------
Undomesticated equines ...

Posts: 31 | From: Bristol, England | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Em
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Em   E-mail Em   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My neighbour and I backed into each other last Saturday. We live in a block of 8 freestanding units, and were both reversing out of our individual driveways into the common driveway to enable us to drive forward onto the street. I was looking over my right shoulder at the area I was aiming for, he was looking over his left shoulder and aiming for the same spot. As a result, neither of us saw the other until his wife started yelling.

At the time we agreed that we were both equally to blame, but his story has now changed at least three times, and he's trying to get me to take 100% of the blame. Unfortunately for him, I don't intimidate easily.

--------------------
What the NFBSK does YOMANK mean?

Posts: 1646 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Die Capacitrix
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Die Capacitrix     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Some years ago they added a temporary building at my dad's place of work. One person could not get used to the new building. He kept hitting the corner of the building while entering/leaving his parking place. Finally a post was installed to keep him from hitting the building. His lovely co-worker's painted his name on the post. And yes, he hit the post just as often as he had hit the building.

--------------------
"Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces." Judith Viorst

Posts: 1082 | From: Luzern, Switzerland | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lionswims

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lionswims   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Die Capacitrix:
Some years ago they added a temporary building at my dad's place of work. One person could not get used to the new building. He kept hitting the corner of the building while entering/leaving his parking place. Finally a post was installed to keep him from hitting the building. His lovely co-worker's painted his name on the post. And yes, he hit the post just as often as he had hit the building.

What did his car look like after all that?
Posts: 134 | From: Farmington, CT | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Doug4.7

Icon 98 posted      Profile for Doug4.7   E-mail Doug4.7   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by evilrabbit:
You wanna hear a bad one? My sister once hit an ambulance. With the siren and lights on.

I think your story wins! (glad it was your "sister" and not you [Wink] ).

--------------------
And now for something completely different...

Posts: 4164 | From: Alabama | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DarkDan
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkDan   Author's Homepage   E-mail DarkDan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Around this time last year, I was in the school parking lot pulling into my space and I hit the gas instead of the brake and hit the two cars in front of me. Teachers' cars. Minimal damage to their's, more damage to my new car. No insurance claims!

Since then, I rear ended a car on the highway and a girl in the school parking lot backed up into me. No insurance claims there.

Dark "Worst Male Driver of MRHS Class of 2006" Dan

--------------------
Missing snopesters | snopesters Facebook group | SLC Birthdays | What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?
"Gonna free fall out into nothing, gonna leave this world for a while" --Tom Petty

Posts: 3698 | From: Philadelphia, PA or >Tinton Falls, NJ< | Registered: Oct 1492  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lady Neeva
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Neeva   E-mail Lady Neeva   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My three favorite parking type stories didn't even happen to me...

1) I'd just gotten my license and decided to drive over to my boyfriend's and show it to him. While I'm hanging half-in and half-out of his bedroom window chatting, my 14 year old sister asked if she could drive around the parking lot.

I wasn't really paying too much attention, so I just said "Yeah whatever" lol. She plowed into not one, not two, but THREE parked cars in his parking lot.

By the time Mom and Dad got there, I was in the back of the police cruiser. They asked, having been told which daughter was driving the jeep, and were told "She's not in there because she's under arrest, she's in there to prevent her from killing her little sister!"

2) My middle-little sister (I have two... the one above, and an older one) had just gotten her unrestricted license. She decided to drive up to Chicago (maybe a couple hour drive tops, nothing major).

Unfortunately she stayed longer than intended and it was night time heading back. She wasn't very comfortable driving at night yet, so was going pretty slow, and to top it off a tail light had burned out (probably just that day, Dad was always on top of those kind of things). Naturally she got pulled over. She nicely pulled to the side of the road and glided to a stop... and the police cruiser rear-ended her heh. Totally not her fault, the officer even gave her a note for Mom and Dad along with the cities insurance information.

I still remember her straggling in at around 7am the next day talking a mile a minute... "Dad I got in an accident but it wasn't my fault this cop hit me honest!!!! He even gave me a letter!!! Read the letter!!!!"... Meanwhile she was waving the letter around in the air so fast the only way Father *could* have read it is if he took a class in mid-air speed reading lol.

3) My husband and I had just moved to California and were job hunting -- we needed something in a hurry to pay for a boarding kennel for our cat. His parents wouldn't even loan us a measly $30 for the downpayment/deposit/whatever they needed, even though Lightning is technically thier son's cat, and he loves that cat to distraction (yes, we did eventually get him safely parked in a kennel, and yes we do still have him).

Anyways, we'd parked our truck in a mini-mall lot and were in it eating lunch and filling out applications for the shops in the mall, and some dingbat on a cellphone decided she wanted to park in the spot we were using.

To this day I cannot figure out *HOW* one could possibly miss the full size dodge ram pickup that was already USING that spot. A bright blue (Dad's favorite color... the truck was my "inheritance" when he died... basically because he'd already more-or-less given it to us a couple years previous).

Posts: 58 | From: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glisp42
I'm Dreaming Of A White iPod

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glisp42   Author's Homepage   E-mail glisp42   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I backed into a tree once.

What follows tops the list of the dumbest things I have ever done. I had an absolute cherry Mercedes Benz 300SD. I mean this car was perfect inside and out with an engine that had been rebuilt 50K miles ago. I decided it would be fun to go driving on country roads 3 days after an ice storm. Mistake number 1. This road in particular has overhanging trees so it's not unusual to see snow or ice on the road as late as April or May. I came up on a sharp turn but because everything was white and the sign signalling the turn was knocked over I didn't see it until I was almost on top of it. I slammed on my brakes, went off the road into a ditch and hit a very large rock.

Total damage to the car: I knocked the oil pan off, broke the front crossmember and pushed the entire engine up against the firewall. The funniest thing is that the car still ran.

Nearly 3 years later and I'm still kicking myself for that one.

--------------------
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK" and other lingo mean?

And we'll collect the moments one by one I guess that's how the future's done. -Feist

Posts: 1641 | From: Kansas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Silkenreindeer
Wassaleing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silkenreindeer   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My mother hit a horse and buggy once. Oh, and she once hit a legally parked and unoccupied vehicle with her own legally parked and unoccupied vehicle.

I once, in my driveway, didn't realize that a friend's car had been parked behind mine until I heard the crunch. There's never anything parked there. Ever. And for some reason my rear tail-lights just weren't lighting up the other car very well. (Okay, so maybe it was because I was sooo used to just reversing, cutting the wheel to the left and then straightening up and going up the hill that it didn't even occur to me that there could be an obstruction there...)

My mother-in-law apparently reversed into a car in the car park the day she got her driving license... and then just drove off. She tells it as a "Look, wasn't I young and naive, hehe" story. She was 18. An 18 year old should know better.

Posts: 494 | From: Epping, Essex, UK | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kjbrasda
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kjbrasda   Author's Homepage   E-mail kjbrasda   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My father in law hit a couch with his truck once. yes. a couch.

--------------------
"Long ago, when we all lived in the forest..."
Who are you? Who? Who?

Posts: 1587 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ganzfeld
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ganzfeld     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kjbrasda:
My father in law hit a couch with his truck once. yes. a couch.

Well, as long as it wasn't one in a living room that's not so bad. (I mean, if the guy driving the couch had insurance of course.)
Posts: 4922 | From: Kyoto, Japan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
evilrabbit
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evilrabbit   E-mail evilrabbit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doug4.7:
quote:

I am suspicious of your quote marks. I don't even drive. [Smile]

--------------------
"My sandwich choice is uncertain, until I actually order. It's like Schrodinger's Sandwich."
"Maybe."

Posts: 496 | From: Whitby, ON, Canada | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glisp42
I'm Dreaming Of A White iPod

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glisp42   Author's Homepage   E-mail glisp42   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

..since they took my license away [Big Grin]

--------------------
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK" and other lingo mean?

And we'll collect the moments one by one I guess that's how the future's done. -Feist

Posts: 1641 | From: Kansas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pondicherry Pi
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pondicherry Pi   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pondicherry Pi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh goodness, I hit my aunt's car while it was parked.

I was turning around in the driveway the way I always had, and, mind you, there wasn't normally a car there. I remember meeting resistance and pushing *harder* on the gas to make it go. Sigh...

Sad thing is, my mom backed right into my aunt's car one time as well in a very similar mannar.

And just a month ago, I was pulling out of my driveway and dangerously close to clipping a tree. "Eh," I thought, "I'm only going about 1 mile an hour. I'll see if I can clear it. If I hit it, how much damage can it do?"

Turns out it can knock your headlight off! Luckily, I had duct tape on hand.

(Oh, and one that happened to me... I was sitting in my parked car once when I felt a jolt and looked up to realize I had just been hit by an *unoccupied* vehicle. Parking brake, people. Parking brake. Use it.)

--------------------
If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats. - Lemony Snicket

What the NFBSK is Glurge? Or, a link to Snopes Lingo

Posts: 218 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
evilrabbit
Jingle Bell Hock

quote:
Originally posted by glisp42:
quote:
quote:
quote:

..since they took my license away [Big Grin]
[Razz]

Seriously, I'm just one of those oddities who never got a license.

--------------------
"Maybe."

candycane from strangers

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Me too, evilrabbit [Smile]

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lionswims

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lionswims   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
evilrabbit and CFS, it took me a while to get my license, too. I was nearly nineteen when I got it, and the trouble with my eyes began when I was 20. I didn't have much driving experience as it was, so when I got back to driving in April, it definitely was scary. My fear is under control now, but this incident shook me. If I didn't have to drive, I'd probably avoid it altogether. I can't help thinking about how dangerous it is.
Posts: 134 | From: Farmington, CT | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages