snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » NFBSK Gone Wild! » Bras and panties for preteens! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Bras and panties for preteens!
Spc. Sharki
Deck the Malls

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Spc. Sharki   E-mail Spc. Sharki   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Bratz brand 'bralettes' for preteen girls.

This seems really wrong, and I am not buying the makers explination as to why they made these products.

--------------------
Let your TV bleed- Tom Petty

Posts: 329 | From: Wiesbaden, Germany | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Based on what I've seen of Bratz dolls, I'm immediately prejudiced against this product. But are these bralettes "padded," or do they have molded cups to conceal nipplage? The former is horrifying, the latter I could understand.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Eddylizard
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddylizard     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A few years ago I was shopping at my local Tesco's. I saw a mother and her young daughter (about 6 YO by my estimation.) The daughter was dressed in a white crop-top (think that's what it's called, where the top goes down to about breast-bone level, revealing the stomach area) and a black leather mini-skirt.

Not really much of a contribution to this debate, but I found it very disturbing. I just thought WHY would she (the mother that is)?

--------------------
"Ladies and gentlemen, this is what is commonly known as money. It comes in all sizes, colours, and denominations - like people."

Posts: 997 | From: Maidstone, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Pikey Snow Queen
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Pikey Snow Queen   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
"The idea of the padding is for girls to be discreet as they develop," a spokeswoman said.

"It is more about hiding what you have got than showing it off. It is certainly not there to make children look like they have breasts."

e.g.

quote:
See, it's fine. Really, I don't know why this would concern anyone. We're trying to hide the breasts that a six year old doesn't have. Honestly, you people are so behind the times. We plan on bringing out a range of leather knickers for 2-5 year olds soon. Why, I just find it so hard to find lingerie for my baby, it's shocking!

--------------------
Brosandi. Hendumst í hringi
Höldumst í hendur
Allur heimurinn óskýr
Nema þú stendur

Posts: 694 | From: York, UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
20 years ago I was shopping for a bathing suit for my one year old daughter and found black leatherette bikinis in the baby & toddler section. Sexualizing little girls comes under the heading of "nothing new under the sun" unfortunately.

--------------------
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr

Posts: 18428 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sara at home

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sara at home   E-mail Sara at home   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've been trying to find images or ads for what I thought these are, but I'm not having any luck. I have found undergarments that look like shelf bras for young girls (though even those were for older girls). But OTOH, they also look like cuter cropped version of the t-shirts we wore at that age.

However, I just walked through the girls' department of an outlet that carries a big name lingerie maker. I did notice bras -- small padded bras -- in the general area between women's lingerie and the girls' department. Now I want to go back to that store and look more carefully at what they were.

--------------------
Assume that all my posts will be edited at least once. Dyslexic -- can't spell, can't type, can't proofread.

Posts: 8317 | From: Reading, PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
UrbanReindeer
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UrbanReindeer     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My 9 year old has been begging me for a bra. Not "Bratz" because she knows I loathe the brand. Have you seen the toys? Specifically, have you seen the "Bratz Babies"? Very disturbing.

Anyway, I keep telling her that wearing bras is not nearly as much fun as she thinks. She should enjoy it while she can [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"He feeds the sparrows of the field, but He doesn't sit there and cram worms into their mouths." -- Mouse

Posts: 396 | From: Pasadena, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Little Pink Pill
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Little Pink Pill     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Here is the Target Australia's sight for girls underwear, age 2-8. The bralettes look slightly padded, but they don't seem to be the ones made by Bratz.

-ET remove a rogue "m"

--------------------
The technical term is narcissism. You can't believe everything is your fault unless you also believe you're all powerful.--House

Posts: 2684 | From: Budapest | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The explanation for why they make them is simple: they have seen a potential market and think it will be profitable.

--------------------
~~Ai am in mai prrrrrraime!~~

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiechic
Here We Come A-Mall Crawling

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixiechic   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pixiechic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My two girls (aged 6 and 2) don't even get bikinis at their ages. I'm certainly not going to get them "bras" at that age either. They can wait until they start developing just like I did.

Pixie"Why am I not surprised one of the brands is Bratz?"chic

--------------------
Pixiechic's MySpace page
Our Homepage

Posts: 381 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Malruhn
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malruhn   E-mail Malruhn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My 13 year old saw the commercial and was aghast.

"Bras and panties by BRATZ?? My boobies aren't TOYS!!"

*sniff* She's so smart sometimes!

--------------------
Opinions aren't excuses to remain ignorant about subjects, nor are they excuses to never examine one's beliefs & prejudices...

Babies are like tattoos. You see other peoples' & they're cool, but yours is never as good & you can't get rid of it.

Posts: 5622 | From: Jax, Florida | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snapdragonfly
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snapdragonfly     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmmm...My reaction to anything that sexualizes a prepubescent child is that it is clearly and unequivocably sick. But that link to the Target product just seems to show an undershirt and undies with little stars on them. I can't really tell from the photo. - Pixiechick, I don't think anything is inherently sexual about ordinary bikini (not string or thong) panties - I always DETESTED the "sternogrip" action of big huge briefs even as a girl - they bugged. My daughter feels the same way. They just annoy.

Slight padding is also a modesty thing. Having a young teen daughter, I can vouch that her slightly padded bras are indeed more modest than thin unlined ones. But she actually needs one, she's not six.

I don't know about this Bratz product, if it's bad or not. Based on their tract record I wouldn't trust them and I wouldn't give them my money anyway, out of sheer protest for the crap that is Bratz, that they have inflicted on the world.

Black leatherette miniature "mommy and me" dominatrix outfits are another matter entirely, no matter who makes them...eeeeuuw.

--------------------
"Wolves, dragons and vampires, man. Draw the nut-bars like big ol' nut-bar magnets." ~evilrabbit

(snurched because one of my nutbar family members is all about wolves and another one is all about dragons...)(with apologies to surfcitydogdad)

Posts: 2397 | From: Texarkana, TX | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ariadne
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ariadne   E-mail Ariadne   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Our local Target has a display with a sign advertising "Flirty Tees" in the girls' section. Ick.

I, too, hate the creepy-looking Bratz dolls, but I can see a need for a lightly padded bra for girls as they develop. I would have loved such a thing. However, I wouldn't think that most girls who were into Bratz would have a need for bras yet.

And don't even get me started on little girl thongs...I can't imagine that an 8-year-old would be concerned with VPL.

Perhaps I am a prude, but I think children's clothing should allow children to look reasonably nice while allowing them to comfortably learn and play, not to make them look like miniature teenagers.

--------------------
saxea ut effigies bacchantis prospicit eheu | prospicit et magnis curarum fluctuat undis
-Catullus

Posts: 435 | From: Iowa | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Astra
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 87 posted      Profile for Astra     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariadne:
I, too, hate the creepy-looking Bratz dolls, but I can see a need for a lightly padded bra for girls as they develop. I would have loved such a thing. However, I wouldn't think that most girls who were into Bratz would have a need for bras yet.

I don't think anyone has a problem with the "light padding." It's when you get a solid mass of foam that changes the purpose from "support" to "enhancement."

I remember coming across a triangle bathing suit top in Wal-Mart a few years ago. It was a very small size in the junior's section, I think an extra-small. Each cup had a solid triangular wad of stuffing in it. Of course, the pads were only a couple of inches across, so anyone wearing it would just look like they had a pair of bullets on their chest. It wasn't enhancing, it definitely didn't look comfortable, it just looked ridiculous. I'm still not quite sure what moron designed that top, nor what the purpose of that padding was.

--------------------
This has been yet another... USELESS POST.

Posts: 6105 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Midgard_Dragon
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Midgard_Dragon   E-mail Midgard_Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think the title of this thread is a little misleading. When I hear preteen, I think 11 or 12, a point at which some girls do start developing and might need some kind of support. The article, however, seems to be talking about bras for children, which is a whole other thing, IMO, as six years old isn't preteen. I was all ready to defend this place, but I can't possibly do that if their target is six year olds. Blech.

--------------------
Midgard Dragon
-==UDIC==-
MidgardDragon's MySpace

Posts: 2455 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morgaine La Raq Star
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 220 posted      Profile for Morgaine La Raq Star   E-mail Morgaine La Raq Star   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My 6YOs build is such that bikini cut panties work better on her than briefs. Her natural waist line sits below her belly button (her dad is built the same way) & if the brief goes up to or over her belly button, you can see them over her pants. She doesn't want people to see her underwear so the bikinis work better. They're not string bikinis but just cut in such a way that they sit below her belly button. I usually get them on clearance at the GAP or Old Navy. Here's an example.
Oh & she usually wears a bikini swimsuit & she plays with Bratz. They hang out with Strawberry Shortcake & Barbie and her friends. I just bought her a rhinestone Bratz portable CD player for Christmas.

--------------------
I cannot live without books-Thomas Jefferson *~* A child educated only at school is an uneducated child - George Santayana
I'm going to pummel you with such zeal, Buddha will explode! *~* Never miss a good chance to shut up - Will Rogers

Posts: 6585 | From: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Silkenreindeer
Wassaleing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silkenreindeer   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I got my first bra when I was 8 or 9... primarily because I'd started developing at that point. I didn't have my first period until I was 12... but I definitely had noticeable bumps before I was out of elementary school.
Posts: 494 | From: Epping, Essex, UK | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Oceanic Aura
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oceanic Aura   Author's Homepage   E-mail Oceanic Aura   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm not going to comment too much on the Bratz specifc aspect, because everyone has said what I think. But...

Children clothing in general has gotten outrageous. I often find myself walking through a department store, and noticing cute club clothes. Then I notice they are intended for seven year olds. [Eek!] Creepy. As a mature woman, I like to dress a certain way when the situation warrents, and I can understand why teenagers like to dress provocatively as well. But first graders?! That's just crazy.

Another thing I really dislike are the shoes that are being put out at steady rate for young girls. I'm seeing little girls wearing one-inch heels! Yeah, let's start the back pain, knee arthritis and foot deformity early!

--------------------
"Are we talking misdemeanor trouble or squeal like a pig trouble?"

Posts: 618 | From: Ann Arbor, Michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
UrbanReindeer
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UrbanReindeer     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Another thing I really dislike are the shoes that are being put out at steady rate for young girls. I'm seeing little girls wearing one-inch heels! Yeah, let's start the back pain, knee arthritis and foot deformity early!
This is one of my absolute all time peeves!! Every single pair of cute loafers or boots in my daughter's size is either a platform or a high heel. I can't pick her up inexpensive shoes at Payless or Target anymore, because they're all enormous clonkers that weigh half what she does. I'm absolutely livid when I go into one of these stores and the only thing with an appropriate heel is a pair of flipflops she can't wear to school anyway.

These days she's into skateboard shoes, and she likes the boy's color combos, so I've got a temporary reprieve. She also loves the Converse Hi-Tops, which are terrible shoes, but at the other end of the spectrum.

--------------------
"He feeds the sparrows of the field, but He doesn't sit there and cram worms into their mouths." -- Mouse

Posts: 396 | From: Pasadena, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jessboo
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessboo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Astra:
quote:

I don't think anyone has a problem with the "light padding." It's when you get a solid mass of foam that changes the purpose from "support" to "enhancement."

I do. Kids that age don't have anything *to* support. I think I got my first bra when I was about 10 - which I think is quite early, but I did need it - but I certainly didn't need any support! When you get your first bra you're what, an A cup? You don't need it that early- and padding isn't support anyway.

Six year old girls do not need bras.

--------------------
Join me on Lost - www.lost.eu/edcf

Do you have any wine? All of this would go a lot smoother in an altered state of reality.

Posts: 779 | From: Southampton, England | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
I saw Mommy kismet Santa Claus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I saw Mommy kismet Santa Claus   E-mail I saw Mommy kismet Santa Claus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I agree that some of the Bratz stuff I've seen is over the line. But I don't see a problem with the cropped camisole for a 6-year-old. And if it has light padding all over, like the picture linked above, that's not a bad thing.

When I was 10, I developed breasts practically overnight. I went from nothing to a full A-cup in less than 2 months, and a full B by the end of that school year. I would have been a happier camper if I'd been wearing padded camisoles before I started to develop, to get used to the feel and to hide my buds before I was big enough to get a real bra. Because they were embarassing and noticable, and all my male friends stopped looking at me when we talked! I was wearing a size 8 when I grew boobs, size 6 would have been perfect for the padded camisoles.

Also, my 6-month-old baby has a bikini. Which makes it much easier to change a diaper. It's not sexy in any way, it covers the diaper and leaves a small swath of baby belly showing with a tank-top style top that makes no pretense of boobs. It has daisies on it. We did see one suit for sale in her size that had high-cut legs and a very low-cut top. It seemed to be sexualizing infants and it creeped me out.

So yeah, I can see some underwear and swimsuits being inappropriate for small children. I've seen hootchie clothes for babies and I will always pass on it. But a padded camisole, bikini underwear, and/or bikini swimsuit aren't automatically sexy and horrid, they can be tasteful and age-appropriate.

Posts: 2115 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't think we should be jumping too quickly to the conclusion that the advent of bras for little girls is just a symptom of the cultural phenomenon of kids being increasingly sexualized. I believe that it's actually a case of the fashion industry's recognizing a very real need:

See this article.

I would not, personally, buy Bratz bras for a child of mine, but those pretty pink and lavender ones from Target would be quite appropriate indeed for an early bloomer.

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LyndaD
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyndaD   E-mail LyndaD   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I had to buy bras for DD1 at the age of 11, and for DD2 at the age of 10. DD1 is now almost 13 and is not well-endowed, but definitely needs a bra. DD2 is now 10 1/2; the bras take care of the show-through problem better than camis or undershirts do. Both girls started out with sports bras, which DD2 still wears.
Teaching junior high as I do, I have issues with what is appropriate attire for 12-14 year old girls (what kind of message does it send when you buy your 12 yo daughter a T-shirt that says 'SEXY'?). I could go on, but i won't.

--------------------
I'll drive it ugly. You can't see the paint job when you're behind the wheel, anyway.

Posts: 570 | From: Central Valley, California | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Astra
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 87 posted      Profile for Astra     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jessboo:
quote:
quote:

I do. Kids that age don't have anything *to* support. I think I got my first bra when I was about 10 - which I think is quite early, but I did need it - but I certainly didn't need any support! When you get your first bra you're what, an A cup? You don't need it that early- and padding isn't support anyway.

Six year old girls do not need bras.

Ok, fine. Maybe "support" is the wrong word, but a light layer of padding certainly gets rid of the embarassing "showing through" that most girls go through as development begins. Isn't that when most girls start wearing bras to start with?

I'm just trying to say that there is a line between padding with a purpose and padding strictly for appearance (which I find disturbing for young girls). I can see legitime circumstances for one, but not really for the other.

As for padding not being supportive, I'm thinking of the bras I prefer that do have a bit of stiff but thin fabric padding in them. Much more comfortable than non-lined "support bras," at least to me. Of course, your mileage may vary.

--------------------

Posts: 6105 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
robbiev - singin' off key

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robbiev - singin' off key   Author's Homepage   E-mail robbiev - singin' off key   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Christie:
20 years ago I was shopping for a bathing suit for my one year old daughter and found black leatherette bikinis in the baby & toddler section. Sexualizing little girls comes under the heading of "nothing new under the sun" unfortunately.

I was in a post office a couple of years ago and a lady and her (I assume) daughter were ahead of me. The girl had on *VERY* high riding shorts (her "cheeks" were hanging out) and a very small halter top. I was only about half paying attention because I had an armload of stuff I was labeling to mail. The girl turned around at some point and she appeared to be all of 9 or 10. It was particularly disgusting to me, since I don't believe children should dress that way or be seen as sexual objects.

quote:
Originally posted by Malrhun:
My 13 year old saw the commercial and was aghast.

"Bras and panties by BRATZ?? My boobies aren't TOYS!!"

Your daughter OMANK... that was just funny to me for some unknown reason.

ETA: the remainder of the final sentence in the first paragraph. Apparently, I just faded out.

--------------------
Every time I see a good looking woman, I think, "0oooh. There's another one I'll never have!"

Corvette. The louder you scream, the faster I'll go.

Posts: 1820 | From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morgaine La Raq Star
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 220 posted      Profile for Morgaine La Raq Star   E-mail Morgaine La Raq Star   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LyndaD:
Teaching junior high as I do, I have issues with what is appropriate attire for 12-14 year old girls (what kind of message does it send when you buy your 12 yo daughter a T-shirt that says 'SEXY'?). I could go on, but i won't.

I'm with you! I have very few dress code rules for DD but one is 'Your butt doesn't talk!' It doesn't say 'Juicy' or 'Dance' or 'SweetHeart' or anything like that. Nothing is to be written on your booty!
So far its not been an issue but I can see it starting in a few years!

--------------------
I cannot live without books-Thomas Jefferson *~* A child educated only at school is an uneducated child - George Santayana
I'm going to pummel you with such zeal, Buddha will explode! *~* Never miss a good chance to shut up - Will Rogers

Posts: 6585 | From: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
UrbanReindeer
Deck the Malls

I've never understood those pants with writing across the butt! What woman wants to highlight the fact that her butt could be large enough to sell advertising?

My friend did have one pair that said "Back Off" across the butt though ... those amused me.

--------------------

Astra
The "Was on Sale" Song

quote:
Originally posted by UrbanRenewal:
I've never understood those pants with writing across the butt! What woman wants to highlight the fact that her butt could be large enough to sell advertising?

My friend did have one pair that said "Back Off" across the butt though ... those amused me.

I once saw a rather... um, wide... woman wearing a pair of those pants with "Bootylicious" airbrushed across the butt. I'm still amazed that the whole word fit on there in that size of lettering.

I really don't like that trend. It just screams "Look at my butt!" and that's just not something I'd rather draw attention to. I can't tell you how many times I've picked up a cute pair of yoga pants only to put them back because something stupid is stamped on the rear. Seeing the same trend in little girls' clothing just... ick.

--------------------

LyndaD
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyndaD   E-mail LyndaD   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by UrbanRenewal:

I once saw a rather... um, wide... woman wearing a pair of those pants with "Bootylicious" airbrushed across the butt. I'm still amazed that the whole word fit on there in that size of lettering.

I really don't like that trend. It just screams "Look at my butt!" and that's just not something I'd rather draw attention to. I can't tell you how many times I've picked up a cute pair of yoga pants only to put them back because something stupid is stamped on the rear. Seeing the same trend in little girls' clothing just... ick.

"Look at my butt!" is the point of having a message there. Just as "Look at my tits!" is often the point of having something written on a T-shirt.

--------------------
I'll drive it ugly. You can't see the paint job when you're behind the wheel, anyway.

Posts: 570 | From: Central Valley, California | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
UrbanReindeer
Deck the Malls

quote:
"Look at my butt!" is the point of having a message there. Just as "Look at my tits!" is often the point of having something written on a T-shirt.
Which of course immediately made me think of this shirt ... [lol]

-

--------------------

Paulie Jay
O Little Down-Payment of Bethlehem

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paulie Jay     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
As a male in his thirties I am particularly alarmed at the direction that clothing has taken for young girls. Why do parents feel the need to dress their daughters up like street walkers? I feel that I can't look anywhere when I go to the mall to go shopping because there are all of these 12 year olds walking around in outfits that leave very little to the imagination - and I don't even want to imagine in the first place! I'm afraid that I accidentally look sideways at one of them I'll be arrested as a pervert.

--------------------
All the way with Paulie Jay

Posts: 476 | From: Sydney, NSW, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
robbiev - singin' off key

Icon 96 posted      Profile for robbiev - singin' off key   Author's Homepage   E-mail robbiev - singin' off key   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My cousin used to wear a t-shirt that had this on it when she was around 13 or 14 (she was well-endowed for someone her age).

-

--------------------
Every time I see a good looking woman, I think, "0oooh. There's another one I'll never have!"

Corvette. The louder you scream, the faster I'll go.

Posts: 1820 | From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Temple
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Temple     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A friend of mine had a similar one with teddy bears in the same locations. It read, "Stop staring at my teddies!"

--------------------
"Well, it looks we're on our own ... again."--Rev. Lovejoy

Posts: 3572 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dutch Angua
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dutch Angua   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Friend of mine got one with "If you can read this, you're too damn close!"

--------------------
Dude, where's my siggy?

Posts: 276 | From: Holland | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 86 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
On the subject of creepy bathing suits for children, we* got in a bikini (for the record, I see nothing wrong with a two-piece suit for a small child as long as the top is one of those straight across band tops, but I think the triangle sections are meant for adults) with tiny little triangle top and strings on the sides of the bottom that had the little red cross things on each triangle and said "Boy Watch" across the butt. It came in sizes 2T- girls 8. I was disgusted.

ETA: * "we" as in my place of work

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages