snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » NFBSK Gone Wild! » What do you (and your family) wear to bed (Page 0)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What do you (and your family) wear to bed
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
These days, I usually sleep naked. If the AC's cranked, though, I'll wear a nightie--or multiple layers of soft cotton nighties if I really feel like being cozy. No undies, even on my period (I use a Keeper and it doesn't leak). If my bladder's acting up I'll wear soft cotton knit pants--looser than undies but still offer some protection.

I keep a nightie and a pair of pants on hand for emergencies.

As to "my" family....

Boss, male: Shorts and T-shirt
Boss, female: pajamas or nightie. I have no idea if she sleeps in her underwear or not, but if she does, she's not changing into fresh ones (I do their laundry...)
Little girl 1: pajamas or pajama bottoms and t-shirt. She didn't used to wear undies to bed back when I still helped her dress, and I assume still doesn't.
Little girl 2: Pajamas, pajama bottoms and t-shirt or nightgown with or without pajama bottoms -- sometimes with undies, sometimes without. Puts on fresh clean undies when she does wear them.

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
PrincessLeia
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 95 posted      Profile for PrincessLeia     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When I was growing up, my mom wouldn't let me wear underwear to bed. She said her doctor told her to do so. I started wearing underwear later because I thought it was gross not to. My Oma must have heard this somewhere too, because tonight she was quite surprised when my cousin announced that her underwear matched her pajamas. I always thought my family was odd in this way. All the kids I babysit wear underwear with pjs, and growing up, I assumed all my friends did as well.
I normally wear pajamas to bed. I have different pairs for winter and for summer. I get very cold at night, so I sleep with my quilt even in the summer.

Posts: 185 | From: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
medtchva
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for medtchva   E-mail medtchva   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When I was a child... nightgown with underwear

When I got to college... T shirt with underwear

After I got married.... nothing

Now that my daughter is old enough to notice... usually a T shirt but no underwear

Posts: 229 | From: Lynchburg, VA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Raven Waift
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raven Waift   Author's Homepage   E-mail Raven Waift   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I sleep naked unless I am on my period. DH also sleeps naked. We have a no clothing in bed rule. Most of the time I am naked when I walk around the house, but I do leave clothing around my bed. DH wears boxers around the house.

My sister apparently sleeps without a shirt, but wears boxers.

Our cats sleep naked.

--------------------
Whereas as you are dancing happily in the fields of ignorance through which the stream of stupidity bubbles and flows. -BlushingBride
My my space.

Posts: 656 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Shrek_Daddy
Deck the Malls

Icon 500 posted      Profile for Shrek_Daddy   Author's Homepage   E-mail Shrek_Daddy   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Christie:
quote:
Originally posted by Shrek_Daddy:

My wife and I are both surprised at the number of people who see it as odd to wear underwear to bed. Very enlightening thread.

I was surprised that any parents put children to bed in their undies. snopes, a true learning experience [Smile] . Now I'm curious though, do the children wear, to bed, the same undies they've worn all day, or do they put on a fresh pair just to sleep in?
In our house, the kids have a bath before bed. Then they put on clean underwear that they wear for 24 hours, until their next bath. They wear cotton undies, so their "NotForAnyoneToTouch" region gets to breathe as much as it needs.

I suspect some people might say that is disgusting, but I have one observation on that..if anything is happening at night that would make the undies dirty..they would also make your sheets/nightie/PJ's dirty...and I would rather spend a day in dirty undies then a night in dirty sheets. And if the undies get dirty in the night, then of course we change them.

And on a more personal note..I could not imagine sleeping naked or bottomless. I am always afraid when I roll over I will crush my "equipment". And DW is afraid she'll break my fingers when she rolls over in her sleep if "the barriers are down" [Smile]

--------------------
"We keep finding better ways to celebrate mediocrity"---Mr. Incredible

Assume at least one edit for typos..my keyboard and I fight alot :)

Posts: 275 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Hero_Mike
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hero_Mike         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If I am sick, somehow the "shock" of getting out from under the covers into even a warm room is too much. During these times, I have worn sweatpants and sweatshirt, with t-shirt and underwear underneath.

"Normal" is just shorts or boxers - though the last time I had a sunburn I put on a long-sleeved silk undershirt (long underwear style) - and that was more comfortable than cotton sheets on burnt skin.

--------------------
"The fate of *billions* depends on you! Hahahahaha....sorry." Lord Raiden - Mortal Kombat

Posts: 1587 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kathryn
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kathryn     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
DH and I both sleep in just undies (boxers for him, panties for me). I have a nightie that I keep next to the bed for emergency purposes or nighttime visits from DS.

DS gets a bath right before bed. So he has clean underwear on which he wears through to the next bath 24 hours later. (Unless they need changing for whatever reason) He wears pajamas or sometimes a "sleep-shirt" (usually one of DH's undershirts or another oversized t-shirt)

Kathryn

--------------------
Keeper of the American Idol Pool 2006

Pamper yourself!

Posts: 1085 | From: Transplanted Yankee in North Carolina | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Singing in the Drizzle
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Singing in the Drizzle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have slept naked since about 12. If I was sleeping over or with someone it was pajama bottoms with out underware.

For my wife it is flannel nightgown and pants with underware in the summer. The winter its underware fleese shirt, pants, coat, hat, socks, hat and at least 3 heavy blinkets. Being from Thailand she finds the nights to be a little cold during the winter.

Posts: 597 | From: Bellingham, WA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
queen of the bah-caramels
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for queen of the bah-caramels   E-mail queen of the bah-caramels   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
For me naked...dressing gown if guests or guested
For DH ditto
For DD1&2 pj's winter undies summer unless on sleep-overs then pj's
DS nappy and either one piece or pj's.

--------------------
Focus On The Family- An opinion group who think more about Gay Sex than gay people do- Rick Mercer

Posts: 590 | From: Rawdon, Quebec | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Blue Fuzzy Thing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Fuzzy Thing   E-mail Blue Fuzzy Thing   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
For me - just socks (what, my feet get cold)
For DW - bra & panties

Blue Fuzzy Thing

--------------------
People say I have ADD, but they just don’t understand that... Oh look! A chicken!

Posts: 151 | From: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I suspect some people might say that is disgusting, but I have one observation on that..if anything is happening at night that would make the undies dirty..they would also make your sheets/nightie/PJ's dirty...and I would rather spend a day in dirty undies then a night in dirty sheets.

Since I wear pajama bottoms, anything that "happens" happens to the PJ bottoms, which I would then toss in the hamper.

FYI, the amount of "breathing" that the "ladygarden" requires varies widely among females. So while some girls/women are okay wearing panties 24/7 so long as the panties are cotton, others will be more comfortable if they are panty-less at night.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Colonel Zoidberg

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Colonel Zoidberg     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've never heard the bit about not wearing underwear to bed, but then again, that seems to apply to ladies and I am a guy. My fiancee doesn't wear a bra to bed, though, for some reason...probably the same reason I don't wear socks to bed (it feels too damn good removing them.)

I wear underwear covered by a pair of basketball shorts. She wears either a nightgown or a tank top with shorts; either way, she wears underwear. Her sleep pattern is odd, to say the least; she sleeps hald the time with no comforter, just a sheet, and always has to have one foot sticking out to cool her off. She sleeps on her stomach most of the time and is the only person I've met who does. neither of us is allowed to sleep on our backs under penalty of being poked in the side and ordered to turn over (turning over usually disturbs the dog, who is only eight pounds and is allowed to sleep any way she feels like.)

The sleep pattern is usually interrupted, at least for me, by a 20-pound Siamese cat named Rocco. He perches on one of my legs (the legs are covered by a comforter; otherwise, he won't do it) and starts trying to pick my leg apart. First he uses his paws (no front claws...not our doing) and then his teeth. Let me tell you, cat bites hurt. I usually have to push him off the bed to get him to stop, and even then, half the time he does it again later. if I get lucky, I get off without being woken up by Rocco through the night or he only does it once; last night, he did it about four times. Argfa. Makes me want to wear chain mail to bed.

Posts: 105 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ryda Wong, EBfCo.
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   E-mail Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow. I would have never considered wearing underwear of any type to sleep.

Then again, I wear as few clothes as possible, and didn't put anything on all day Sunday, except a bath-robe for the min I went out to get the paper.

Clothes suck.

--------------------
So many spankings! It feels so good! But at the same time, I don't care about meeting your family! - I'mNotDedalus:

Posts: 3216 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
guruwan2b

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guruwan2b   Author's Homepage   E-mail guruwan2b   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Granny panties and a granny gown.... and cotton socks if it is cold...
And I have to have a fan blowing on the bed, summer, winter, fall, spring. Doesn't matter what the weather is I have to have moving air....

--------------------
Too much of this navel gazing and we'll disappear up our own arses.
Danvers Carew

Posts: 7465 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bach_girl
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bach_girl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Me- nothing

14yo- snuggly pajamas

10yo- snuggly pajamas or whatever she was wearing that day (this is a fight that I have classified w/ "pick your battles" and let it go most of the time)

DH- boxers or shorts

--------------------
"My Very Educated Mother Just Said Uh-oh! No...Pluto..."~ Steven Colbert

Posts: 3256 | From: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Zoidberg:
I've never heard the bit about not wearing underwear to bed, but then again, that seems to apply to ladies and I am a guy. My fiancee doesn't wear a bra to bed, though, for some reason...probably the same reason I don't wear socks to bed (it feels too damn good removing them.)

It probably is a comfort issue. Although for very large-breasted women, the comfort issue is the reverse: some can't sleep comfortably without a bra.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Toys for big boys.
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toys for big boys.     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Jammies without undies. I cannot wear pants in bed. It feels wrong.

--------------------
I am not taking lectures on physics from a man in tights.

Posts: 236 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Hazed
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hazed   E-mail Hazed   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It depends on the weather, actually. In the winter I always sleep in a sweatshirt and these really comfy, warm flannel bottoms I've had forever. If it's summer I'll either wear a cami and shorts or a long teeshirt and underwear. Although back in the (really, record-breakingly hot) summer of 2001 before my husband and I got married and I spent the night in his stagnant apartment I slept naked most nights, which he loved, of course. [lol]

ETA: I always wear underwear to bed, not a bra though, that's terribly uncomfortable for me. My husband always sleeps in a teeshirt and underwear, and sweatpants if it's really cold.

ETA yet again: I just remembered, my father sleeps without underwear...just a teeshirt and pajama bottoms. No offense to anyone here that does it, I just always thought that was weird. FWIW, my mother, brother, and myself always slept with underwear on.

Posts: 1128 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Anyte
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anyte   E-mail Anyte   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
DH - Nothing.

Me - Panties or nothing in the summer, jammies in the winter, though I strip in my sleep if I get too hot. Never a bra. Jammies if we have guests or are guests.

Doggy - Collar, sometimes she goes nude too, if she's jingling around too much.

ETA - more unwanted details

--------------------
Too broke to pay attention

Posts: 452 | From: Omaha, NE | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lionswims

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lionswims   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Me- Pj pants and a tank top/oversized t-shirt in the winter, topless w/ pj pants in the summer. I feel more comfortable with pants than without.

SO- Boxers or naked, depending on his mood and how fast he falls asleep after we've completed our nightly activities. [Wink]

Posts: 134 | From: Farmington, CT | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
smackmac
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smackmac     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When I was younger, it was undies & a t-shirt. When I got married, it became nothing. Now, I can't sleep in clothes comfortably. I only wear undies when it's that time.

I have a robe by the bed that I use when I get up in the middle of the night or in case of emergency.

If I'm staying somewhere, then it's the same as home if I can get away with it. If not, then a long t-shirt (and I'm uncomfortable all night).

I always had my boys wear undies under their jammies. My hubby wondered why. He never wore undies under his jammies as a child.

--------------------
"Maybe getting in the last word doesn't really mean you win." - The Clarks

Posts: 486 | From: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Autumn Neko
The Seahorse Whisperer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Autumn Neko   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I usually wear this chemise, although sometimes I wear a satin nightshirt. The only thing that I absolutely can't seem to sleep in is socks (even if my feet are freezing).

--------------------
"...and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does."
~~Groucho Marx~~

Posts: 392 | From: Virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
foglifter
A View to a Krill

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foglifter     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've gotten so used to sleeping nude that I find it difficult and actually dread having to sleep somewhere that I know I'll be "constricted" by clothing. Heh. If I get cold, I just add more blankets, which I don't mind because the extra weight of the heavy blankets makes me feel more secure, if that makes sense. Why I can tolerate that, but hate the feeling wearing a shirt while tossing and turning...? I can't explain that one.

When I was a kid, my mother was one of those parents who didn't want me to wear underwear while I slept, because I needed to let that area of my body "breathe" I think was her reasoning...

ETA: I'm another one of those people who needs a fan / open window / etc. year round. Air movement is a must.

Posts: 88 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
KDS

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KDS     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Diving right in (or under) the covers:

Me: Cotton undies, and nothing else. No matter how hard I try, I can’t sleep naked: but 98% nakedness is just fine! I also have to have a blanket over me, even if it’s 110 outside with 80% humidity. If it gets cold out, I’ll grab a cotton nightgown I’ve had forever. Poor thing is falling apart, going to be sad when I have to shop for a new one.
Room-mate: T-shirt and shorts, tighty-whities under the shorts. When it’s hot out the shirt gets tossed aside, but all else remains. No idea how he doesn’t swelter in summer.
Mom: Long T-shirt, no underwear. Sweat pants when it’s cold out, and still no underwear. Oh, the things you can learn about people by doing their laundry ...
SO: Nothing but his skin. No complaints here!

--------------------
I dunno, I like the same qualities in a man as I want in a dog. Big, happy, friendly, and hairy. Not too much slobber either. ~Sue Bee

Posts: 140 | From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
RiotGirlHeather
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiotGirlHeather   Author's Homepage   E-mail RiotGirlHeather   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If I'm at home I sleep in pajama pants/shorts and a tshirt without a bra but with undies Unless it's hot, then I sleep in a tshirt and undies, with my pants/shorts beside the bed. If I'm at my boyfriend's usually it's just undies, but sometimes a tshirt. My tshirt and jammie pants are usually beside the bed in case of a potty break or an emergency.

If it's hot my boyfriend will sleep any way from naked to wearing jeans and underwear. If it's cold he wears jeans, underwear, and a long-sleeved shirt if his long-sleeved shirts are clean. His clothes are usually beside the bed too.

Heather

--------------------
Luke: I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you.
Princess Leia: You're who?

Posts: 560 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Malruhn
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malruhn   E-mail Malruhn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Me: Smile
Beloved Bride: Night shirt w/nuthin' underneath
13 YO Daughter: Nightgown or full PJs.
11 YO Daughter: Ditto
4 YO Daughter: Ditto - though there's no guarantee she will get up with what she went to bed with. Damned kid "sleep changes"!!

Wife and I suggested once to the two eldest kids to sleep nekkid one evening - and you would have thought from their reactions that we had asked them to eat our youngest!! [lol]

I am horribly uncomfortable wearing anything when I sleep, however, when in hotels or when guests are in the house, I do wear loose shorts (basically boxers).

--------------------
Opinions aren't excuses to remain ignorant about subjects, nor are they excuses to never examine one's beliefs & prejudices...

Babies are like tattoos. You see other peoples' & they're cool, but yours is never as good & you can't get rid of it.

Posts: 5622 | From: Jax, Florida | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NorthernLite
We Three Blings

Icon 602 posted      Profile for NorthernLite     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

3) Is it a regional thing? (we are both from western Canada and never saw it much)

Interesting. Both my wife and I grew up in western Canada and neither of us wear unerwear under our jammies.

Her: Any one of six million different boxer/camisole jammy out fits that she owns

Me: Could be anything. Shorts, boxers, sweats or jammies. I suffer from Restless Limb Syndrome and often go out to the front room couch when it gets really bothersome so that my jiggling doesn't wake her. I'll usually sleep in my bathrobe then so that I don't need blankets. If my legs aren't bothering me, I sleep on top of the covers and i like to keep my butt from freezing.

Kitties: Their full time fur coats cover them completely except for their little naked bottoms which Mystic keeps warm by sitting on my head during the night.

--------------------
You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons. -Blazing Saddles

Posts: 1074 | From: High Level, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Goombah

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goombah     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Probably ninety five times out of a hundred I'm just wearing my tighty whiteys. If it's bitterly cold I might put on a pair of socks and some sweatpants. I can't sleep with any kind of a shirt though. Pj top, tee shirt, straitjacket - none of them work for me.

--------------------
Ok guys, try to remember this time. It's pillage first, then burn.

Posts: 179 | From: Holdrege, NE | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Happy Llama
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Happy Llama     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Me~ Nekkid
SO~ Whatever she is wearing when her head hits the pillow, Usually nothing.

I have almost never worn clothes to bed. But I grew up in the tropics and know I live as far north as South Texas so cold was never an issue. But, I MUST be covered. Even if it is 95 F in the house I have to be covered and have something, blanket or sheet, to keep my thighs from sticking together.
~~~~~
Happy Llama.

"But, what do I know I'm just a clerk." ~ My Stepmother

Posts: 30 | From: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Michigan Girl

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michigan Girl     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ryda Wong:
Wow. I would have never considered wearing underwear of any type to sleep.

To me that's wierd (not you Ryda, just the concept of not wearing undies). I have to wear undies, just don't feel comfy without them. Even if I wore PJ's to bed (which I don't), it would be wierd not to wear undies. My sister doesn't wear undies either, and I had no idea how common that was. I didn't grow up with a mom, so no one to tell me to "let it breath down there". The "letting it breath" concept sounds strange to me, like an old wife's tale.

I can't stand to sleep with any kind of shorts or pants on. I get hot and toss and turn if I do. I either wear a regular shirt or night shirt, and undies. My 10 yo daughter is the same, she can't wear pants/shorts to bed, but she also wears undies. We share a bed, so it would be wierd for one to us not to wear undies. My 12 yo son wears his clothes (jeans/shorts and shirt). My 3 year old wears his clothes and diapers/pullups. I also like to have a sheet or cover even if it's hot, and I sleep on the very edge of the bed with my foot sticking out.

--------------------
~ Yep, I'm in Michigan ~ My blog http://catsrule2k.blogspot.com/
I am not willing to give up my constitutional freedoms just because I have nothing to hide

Posts: 142 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Muncle
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Muncle   E-mail Muncle   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmmm...let's see.

Me: Usually T-shirt and pyjama pants. 'Course, in Canada you usally need something warm to wear.
GF: tank top, t-shirt and shorts.
But, we usually wake up with a little less on.

Everybody else in my family wears T-shirts and PJ pants.

Posts: 69 | From: Nova Scotia | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ange84
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ange84   E-mail ange84   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
both me and my fiance- nothing. I froze in our first few weeks here so i added socks. and 5 blankets. If i'm somewhere as a guest i have pjs and before i go to bed and in the morning it long satin pants or elmo pants with a singlet top, although with summer almost here o'll be into mu light cotton pjs

--------------------
Love is a sudden revelation: a kiss is always a discovery

Posts: 902 | From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Major D. Saster
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Major D. Saster         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My wife : nothing.
Me: a t-shirt - except if it's warm enough.

--------------------
Desperate, but not serious.

Posts: 689 | From: Confoederatio Helvetica | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Silkenreindeer
Wassaleing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silkenreindeer   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I prefer nudity whenever alone or with my husband. That means, when asleep, that I will never wear anything unless there's a chance of interruption or we're guests at someone's home. Clothes just feel weird. The only time I wear undies to bed is in "that time of the month", which (because of various health thingies) only comes once every two to nine months.

But I can't sleep without a blanket (or sheet, or pillow) clutched to my stomach. I don't know why.

Another interesting thing - I prefer to sleep as far away from the door as possible, and sleep either on my stomach or facing a wall. My husband prefers to sleep as close to the door as possible, and sleeps either on his back or facing the door. This means that, despite my love of cuddling, our usual sleeping patterns tend to have us sleeping curled up, facing opposite directions.

Posts: 494 | From: Epping, Essex, UK | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
invisigoth
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for invisigoth   E-mail invisigoth   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
i normally dont sleep in anythign, i never have, my mom always wore nightgowns andpanties, and i would try and sleep in pj's or a nightgown and for some reason i would take it off in my sleep. of course i used to sleep walk too and would be thorougly shocked to wake up naked and wonder if i had sleep walked outsidee like that. but since it was only my mom and i in the house it was no big deal once we got a special lock to keep me inside. (i was maybe 10 or so at the time this started happening)
Posts: 46 | From: DeLand, FL | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages