snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » NFBSK Gone Wild! » Nipple Make up? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Nipple Make up?
TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 84 posted      Profile for TurquoiseGirl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A friend of mine insists that some women wear make up on their nipples. A google search was less than illuminating. Is this true? If so what sort do they wear?

I absolutely cannot believe I am asking this. But it has become a subject for argument. Or perhaps my friend just likes talking about nipples.

--------------------
There are people who drive really nice cars who feel that [those] cars won't be as special if other people drive them too. Where I come from, we call those people "selfish self-satisfied gits." -Chloe

Posts: 6995 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
1958Fury
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1958Fury   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wouldn't that make them taste weird?

--------------------
I believe I'm growing skeptical of cynicism.
Myspace NWN Board

Posts: 917 | From: Nashville TN | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
IMS, nipple makeup is usually lipstick to make the nipples more obvious under semi-transparent clothing or when naked. As I'm at work, I ain't searching for anything involving the word "nipples".

ETA: I would be happy to give you my opinion if you want to try out different colors. [Wink]

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ryda Wong, EBfCo.
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   E-mail Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Rouging the nipples? Historically, it was assocatied with sex workers. Normally, you'd apply a thin lipstick or liquid rouge and rub it in. I've used wine on mine before (taste and pretty colour...)

--------------------
So many spankings! It feels so good! But at the same time, I don't care about meeting your family! - I'mNotDedalus:

Posts: 3216 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dog Friendly
Carol of the Bills

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dog Friendly   Author's Homepage   E-mail Dog Friendly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I seem to recall a passage in Heinlein's "Time Enough for Love", in which someone inquires when Hamadryad will be ready for dinner, and the answer is "She's just finished her face and is now doing her nipples. Shouldn't be long". Or something like that. That was my first, and only, encounter with the concept.

Dog (What am I doing in this thread anyway?) Friendly

--------------------
"Nobody ever got stoned and beat up his old lady" -- Spence, snapdragonfly's friend

Posts: 768 | From: North Hollywood, CA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TurquoiseGirl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GenYus:
IMS, nipple makeup is usually lipstick to make the nipples more obvious under semi-transparent clothing or when naked. As I'm at work, I ain't searching for anything involving the word "nipples".

ETA: I would be happy to give you my opinion if you want to try out different colors. [Wink]

I never said we were talking about mine in particular. Good goddess, what am I doing in this thread... [Embarrassed]

ETA: Somehow I figure the color turquoise would be brought up....

--------------------
There are people who drive really nice cars who feel that [those] cars won't be as special if other people drive them too. Where I come from, we call those people "selfish self-satisfied gits." -Chloe

Posts: 6995 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TurquoiseGirl:
I never said we were talking about mine in particular. Good goddess, what am I doing in this thread... [Embarrassed]

As we had established your slutness in the other thread, I thought it wasn't an impossible possibility. [Big Grin]

quote:
ETA: Somehow I figure the color turquoise would be brought up....

Damn. I never thought of that. I must be slowing down.

To answer your original question, it seems that makeup has be used on nipples, but there didn't used to be makeup specifically for nipples.

PS. The pinching method used by girls that didn't/weren't allowed to use rouge is probably not something to try.

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Frozen Charlotte
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 09 posted      Profile for Frozen Charlotte   E-mail Frozen Charlotte   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mehru Areola Dye

They sell the same product (in a larger range of colors--what, no green nipples?) as Mehru Herbal Lip Dye on other sites, so maybe this is just another way to market an existing product.

Posts: 64 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Griffin at the Maul
Joyeux New Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Griffin at the Maul     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Why not GenYus? Some girls really like that...

--------------------
Where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket?

Posts: 782 | From: Arlington, TX | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus

quote:
Originally posted by Griffin 2020:
Why not GenYus? Some girls really like that...

It tends to distract from the getting ready process and makes everyone late (and disheveled).

--------------------

ThistleSoftware
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThistleSoftware     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Benefit's BeneTint is alleged to have been invented to help showgirls/ strippers get rosier looking nipples. I would think that rosier nipples might be more apparent under stage lights and that would draw more tipping customers.

BeneTint is a semi-permanent stain that one can paint on one's lips, cheeks, or wherever one wishes to look rosier. Since it is a stain is has always struck me as too difficult to apply and control for face application, which makes the stripper explanation quite plausible in my mind.

--------------------
Officially Heartless

Posts: 3065 | From: The Montgomery County of the West Coast- Berkeley, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TurquoiseGirl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Frozen Charlotte:
Mehru Areola Dye

They sell the same product (in a larger range of colors--what, no green nipples?) as Mehru Herbal Lip Dye on other sites, so maybe this is just another way to market an existing product.

No turquoise, but purple. It would never have occured to me...

I must admit that I am intrigued. I could really and truly color coordinate and/or accessorize. Should the occasion ever, ahem, arise.

Not that we are talking about my personal nipples anyhow...

--------------------

Hero_Mike
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hero_Mike         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sounds to me like your friend is a bit of a pervert....

--------------------
"The fate of *billions* depends on you! Hahahahaha....sorry." Lord Raiden - Mortal Kombat

Posts: 1587 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

quote:
Originally posted by Hero_Mike:
Sounds to me like your friend is a bit of a pervert....

Oh, absolutely. Entertaining, but a bit of a pervert nonetheless....

--------------------

Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 217 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TurquoiseGirl:
quote:
Originally posted by Frozen Charlotte:
Mehru Areola Dye

No turquoise, but purple. It would never have occured to me...

I must admit that I am intrigued. I could really and truly color coordinate and/or accessorize. Should the occasion ever, ahem, arise.

Not that we are talking about my personal nipples anyhow...

Jane, you slut! [lol] Yeah, I bet it never occurred to you. You probably even have plans for the "occasion" to, ahem, arise, too! You go, girl!

On a sad note, mine don't even look as good as the "before" photo. Damn!
[fish] I know. TMI!!!11!!!eleven!!!oneone!!!

ETA: But, they don't reach my waist, yet. And, you should've seen 'em 40 years ago. Or not.

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mags
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mags     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have heard it mentioned as something some Japanese women use. Probably the same type of woman who gets the surgery to make her eyes look more "western". They think that the naturally tannish-brown color of many Japanese women's areolae isn't "pretty" enough, so they paint them pink to look more caucasian.
Posts: 550 | From: Springboro, OH | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ganzfeld
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ganzfeld     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"Nipple rouge" was a running joke with my friends many many years ago, one of those standard gags you bring out to liven up a conversation. I guess now that I may have the one who started the joke it but I might have picked it up somewhere else.

Anyway, it's sold everywhere and I've never heard of it being used here in Japan so I don't really think it's any more popular here than there. (Do a search on "nipple rouge" and you can pick some up for eight dollars.)

Posts: 4922 | From: Kyoto, Japan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Pam: Hey, Sue! What's wrong? You look down.

Sue: Oh, Mark just told me he thought my nipples looked pale and lifeless.

Pam: Is that all? Here, take this.

Sue: What's that?

Pam: It's Nip-Up (TM), in the handy spray tube. Just a touch of Nip-Up (TM) will leave you booby-fresh and appealing.

Sue: Hey, it feels nice! Smells great, too!

Pam: Nip-Up (TM) also (BIG WINK AT CAMERA) tastes swell!

Sue: Just wait 'till I see Mark again!

Pam: And wait 'till he sees those!

Sue and Pam: Thanks, Nip-Up (TM)!

SONG:
When you're dating, don't trip up,
Get Booby Appeal with a little Nip-Up! (TM)

--------------------
"No hard feelin's and HOPpy New Year!"--Walt Kelly
Hear what you're missing: ARTC podcasts! http://artcpodcast.org/

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

Somehow I should have known, that if it was Brad posting, taking a big swig of water before reading that post was contraindicated.

Or simply. YOMANK!

--------------------

abbubmah

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abbubmah   E-mail abbubmah   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Glad to see Brad is keeping abreast of the latest trends in advertising.

But seriously - I see so few ::ahem:: that I don't really care if the color matches the shoes. Geez.

--------------------
Fundamentally Unfundie since 1975

Posts: 7942 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by abbubmah:
Glad to see Brad is keeping abreast of the latest trends in advertising.

No, that was the 1957 ad. You may remember the sprightlier one from 1969:

quote:

Jan: Hey, Dina! What's with the far-out long face?

Dina: Aw, Jan, Biff is hanging out with Brenda. He says her nipples are Endsville.

Jan: No wonder! Brenda uses the new, wild Tie-Die Nip-Ups!

Dina: Nip-Ups come in Tie-Die! Groovy!

Jan: The grooviest! Here, try some on!

Dina: Like, wow! Look at those little psychedelic nubbins now!

Jan: And the secret weapon is that Tie-Die Nip-Ups smell exactly like a brand-new car!

Dina: I can dig it!

Jan: And so can Biff!

Jan and Dina: Thanks, Nip-Ups!

SONG: If you want a guy's in'trest to really flip up,
Show what you can do with Tie-Die Nip-Up!

--------------------

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
abbubmah

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abbubmah   E-mail abbubmah   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Like, wow! Look at those little psychedelic nubbins now!
::bows::

::again::

[lol]

--------------------

Posts: 7942 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snapdragonfly
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snapdragonfly     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Empress Josephine made the low cut, high waisted (directly under the bust) Empire dress popular for a time - when they first came into vogue they were generally made of very very thin white muslin. Corsets were (all too) briefly abandoned. Some women would rouge their nipples, which showed through the thin folds of fabric, because the emphasis was pretty much all on the bust. - the link doesn't discuss the rouging, but some of the fashion history books I've read talk about it.

Nothing new under the sun.

More empire dresses. No nipples though, alas.

--------------------
"Wolves, dragons and vampires, man. Draw the nut-bars like big ol' nut-bar magnets." ~evilrabbit

(snurched because one of my nutbar family members is all about wolves and another one is all about dragons...)(with apologies to surfcitydogdad)

Posts: 2397 | From: Texarkana, TX | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I remember reading somewhere that in ancient Egypt, women would paint their nipples gold, and trace the veins with blue (lapis, I think).

--------------------
Did you see the Announcement?
There's a new snopes message board!

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tagurit

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tagurit   E-mail tagurit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Spam, now that sounds sexy! I'm ready to give it a try. Of course, that'd mean I have to find a man first; couldn't waste it on just me. Anyone got a nice single uncle? [Smile]

--------------------
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet
---
AAMAH

Posts: 8532 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia

Of course, the latest ad debuted during the Super Bowl:
quote:
A man sits on a park bench, absorbed in doing work on his laptop computer. He is young, with short light-brown hair, a three-days' growth of beard, and an expensive and stylish but rumpled suit; no tie. As we see him in a medium shot, a giraffe walks by, left to right. Then a clown on a unicycle, honking a horn, rides by, right to left. Then two Gray aliens walk across, dragging a struggling old man. Then a chimpanzee swings by on a vine. The man on the bench never looks up or seems aware. Then a woman, whom we see only from the waist down (short skirt, pretty legs) walks by, left to right. The man's head snaps up as she passes. He smiles, throws his laptop on the ground, and rushes after her. Symphonic music swells and on screen we read: "He'll notice you in Nip Up." The chimp swings by again, this time sporting brilliant scarlet nipples. A violin solo, sad and sweet, plays until the scene fades to black.

--------------------

abbubmah

I bet you stayed up till 3 am applying the finishing touches to that one, Brad.

--------------------

Brad from Georgia

It came to me in a dream. Had to get up at six to make it to my class...they're doing their practice final today. Yawn.

--------------------

Auntie Witch
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Auntie Witch   Author's Homepage   E-mail Auntie Witch   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
YOMANK, Brad.

I'm waiting for this thread to infiltrate the breast feeding thread:

"Nursing in public is BAD, BAD, I tell you, unless you're whipping out purple nipples. Then it's okay!"

(Can you imagine what a great joke that would be. Feed the baby discreetly, and then display your electric blue nipple when you're done? "Look, he's really hungry today!")

Yeah, I know. [fish]

--------------------
"Feel my head! I feel like a puppy!" -My mother
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
Myspace about my mom, kids

Posts: 3289 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Silas Sparkhammer
I Saw V-Chips Come Sailing In

Icon 504 posted      Profile for Silas Sparkhammer   Author's Homepage   E-mail Silas Sparkhammer   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Whatever it is you're smoking, Brad, make sure to send a bale of it to Madison Avenue.

Silas

Posts: 16801 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
spe934
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for spe934   E-mail spe934   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Now I am confused. Now we men have to wonder about if a woman's breasts are real or not, and NOW it seems we need to wonder about the color of her nipples...

Am I the only one in the boat that thinks if a woman wants to show me her nipples, I don't really care what shade of pink (or blue for that matter) they are?...

--------------------
Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right, and the other is a husband

The main difference between men and women is that women need a reason to have sex, and men just need a place.

Posts: 206 | From: Evansville, Indiana USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
frogpond
Jingle Sales

Icon 08 posted      Profile for frogpond   E-mail frogpond   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spe934:
Now I am confused. Now we men have to wonder about if a woman's breasts are real or not, and NOW it seems we need to wonder about the color of her nipples...

Am I the only one in the boat that thinks if a woman wants to show me her nipples, I don't really care what shade of pink (or blue for that matter) they are?...

If they are blue and that's the natural color, there's a problem!

--------------------
So many books, so little time.

Posts: 1192 | From: McDonough, Georgia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Oceanic Aura
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oceanic Aura   Author's Homepage   E-mail Oceanic Aura   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I can say nothing about make-up on the nips, but I have put temporary tattoos on mine before. Honestly- I think it looks pretty awesome. Given the right situation of course.

And I suspect you are not alone, spe934.

Aura

--------------------
"Are we talking misdemeanor trouble or squeal like a pig trouble?"

Posts: 618 | From: Ann Arbor, Michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
spe934
Deck the Malls

Icon 23 posted      Profile for spe934   E-mail spe934   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Oceanic Aura:
I can say nothing about make-up on the nips, but I have put temporary tattoos on mine before. Honestly- I think it looks pretty awesome. Aura

If you would like to share some pictures, I am more than willing to give you my honest opinion too.. [Wink] [Smile]

--------------------
Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right, and the other is a husband

The main difference between men and women is that women need a reason to have sex, and men just need a place.

Posts: 206 | From: Evansville, Indiana USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Oceanic Aura
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oceanic Aura   Author's Homepage   E-mail Oceanic Aura   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spe934:
quote:
Originally posted by Oceanic Aura:
I can say nothing about make-up on the nips, but I have put temporary tattoos on mine before. Honestly- I think it looks pretty awesome. Aura

If you would like to share some pictures, I am more than willing to give you my honest opinion too.. [Wink] [Smile]
Okay. Boobs.

So...I've tried this out, just now. For science.

First attempts - silvery-grey, light aqua, and rose.
All make my nipples look like I suffer from some terrible dermatological disease. No likey.

Next up: pink sparkle dust.
This was much better. I think because the applicator was a roll-ball it was easier to apply as well. I'm kinda digging the sparkly fairy nips. I could actually see myself using this sometime.

Last attempt: dark, metallic green.
I could envision a scenario where you and your partner are playing Alien Princess and helpless abductee, but otherwise, I'm not too fond.

Thus ends this 'udderly' absurd experiment.

Aura

--------------------
"Are we talking misdemeanor trouble or squeal like a pig trouble?"

Posts: 618 | From: Ann Arbor, Michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages