snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Fauxtography » Paris Hilton Beefheart Fan?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Paris Hilton Beefheart Fan?
Stoneage Dinosaur
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stoneage Dinosaur   E-mail Stoneage Dinosaur   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
 -

Surely a photoshop job, I wouldn't have thought Trout Mask Replica was her cup of tea.

Photo from http://goldenfiddle.com/sites/goldenfiddle.com/files/images/

--------------------
"You learn something new every day if you're not careful" - Wilf Lunn

Posts: 893 | From: Durham City, England | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TabbyCa
A Rolling Stone Gathers No Kate Moss

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TabbyCa         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Photoshop.... The original is here.

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=gls=1=4==205577&nbc1=1

Posts: 16 | From: Ontario | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Stoneage Dinosaur
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stoneage Dinosaur   E-mail Stoneage Dinosaur   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Excellent work, TabbyCa - cheers [Smile] .

--------------------
"You learn something new every day if you're not careful" - Wilf Lunn

Posts: 893 | From: Durham City, England | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Tea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Tea   E-mail Jay Tea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
...and here was me thinking it a cunningly highlighted cultural juxtaposition, foregrounding the marginalisation of talented artists in favour of glamorous but ultimately unfulfilling idols fronting technically limited and artistically barren works of entertainment [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
This is where I come up with something right? Something really clever...

Posts: 6552 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Richard W
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard W   E-mail Richard W   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
No, I reckon they're just saying she looks like a fish...
Posts: 8725 | From: Ipswich - the UK's 9th Best Place to Sleep! | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Why does her left eye always squint half-shut? I have the same problem and people often accuse me of being stoned.

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cervus nippon:
Why does her left eye always squint half-shut? I have the same problem and people often accuse me of being stoned.

I always thought she was trying to wink.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lynnejanet
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lynnejanet     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My husband and one of my sons have eyes that do that, too. I think it's something that people have no control over.

--------------------
lynne"insert appropriate punny phrase here"janet

Posts: 1460 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mama Duck
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 505 posted      Profile for Mama Duck     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I think, and I can't be totally sure because I can't find any information on it, but it looks like she has "lazy eye". This condition can't always be corrected with surgery. That would be my guess. Every now and then you find pictures of her with her eyes staring in different directions.

ETA: I found this cite that offers some proof of lazy eye. And a correction. She wouldn't necessarily have lazy eye (known medically as amblyopis) but rather strabismus. Lazy eye is blindness or altered vision in one eye. Strabismus is turned or crossed eyes. Cite

--------------------
There is no interpersonal problem so big that it can't be solved with a suitably large amount of high explosives. ~ Bufungla

Posts: 3562 | From: South Texas | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bored and Dangerous
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bored and Dangerous   Author's Homepage   E-mail Bored and Dangerous   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mama Duck:
quote:

I think, and I can't be totally sure because I can't find any information on it, but it looks like she has "lazy eye". This condition can't always be corrected with surgery. That would be my guess. Every now and then you find pictures of her with her eyes staring in different directions.

ETA: I found this cite that offers some proof of lazy eye. And a correction. She wouldn't necessarily have lazy eye (known medically as amblyopis) but rather strabismus. Lazy eye is blindness or altered vision in one eye. Strabismus is turned or crossed eyes. Cite

As someone who has this condition (intermittent strabismus), I know that a lot of times I'll tilt my head a certain way or that I'll squint that eye if I think my eye would look "crossed". It's more of a vanity move (and to keep myself from being ridiculed) and I've done it for years. Sometimes I don't even realize that I'm doing it until I see a picture of myself later. That said, I don't think Paris Hilton has strabismus. I think her eyes are set strangely, which makes her actual irises look uneven.

--------------------
My blog

Watch?? I'm gonna pray, man! Know any good religions?--Zaphod Beeblebrox

Posts: 2366 | From: Harrisonburg, Virginia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Chickee Daizy
Live and Let Madai

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chickee Daizy     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
To me it just looks like she's wearing fake eyelashes, on one side is falling off. But I know that isn't right. One of my eyes also squints when I smile really big.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkies...They don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Posts: 907 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages