snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Fauxtography » Breyer's sherbert ad

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Breyer's sherbert ad
JasonJ
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JasonJ   E-mail JasonJ   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
 -

Anybody know the original source?

Posts: 1 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Amigone201
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amigone201   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Brooke Shields' mother?

--------------------
Check out my blog! http://fundiewatch.blogspot.com

Posts: 1527 | From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
cubbie
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cubbie   Author's Homepage   E-mail cubbie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Does anyone think about the children! [fish]

--------------------
i reject reality and submit my own

Posts: 359 | From: Lansing, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
1958Fury
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1958Fury   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Damn. Ice cream makes me feel creepy now. Oh well, I needed to lose weight anyway.

--------------------
I believe I'm growing skeptical of cynicism.
Myspace NWN Board

Posts: 917 | From: Nashville TN | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
[lol] Amigone201

I would guess someone with a sick sense of humor, a pedo, someone with a grudge against Breyer's or a combination of the preceding.

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TwoGuyswithaHat
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwoGuyswithaHat   E-mail TwoGuyswithaHat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Having done a google search, I turn up several pages, wll with similar text from Adrants. However, the original Adrants page from April 4, is already missing, existing only in the Google cache. It's interesting that the Adrants write up, includes notes on text that is absent from the version of the ad presented here. The missing text makes this seem way more pedo-friendly, if that's possible.

--------------------
In politics, absurdity is not a handicap - Napoleon Bonaparte

Posts: 1801 | From: The Forest City, Ontario | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
dookie_booty
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dookie_booty   E-mail dookie_booty   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Is that ad real? God I hope not. What were they thinking bout putting it the way it is. Who knows.

--------------------
Don't blame me, my evil monkey did it.
-----------------
Just remember, When everything seems difficult, I'll be shining from a far, When it feels like things have gone away, I'll see you again.

Posts: 130 | From: Orange County, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Airman520
Baby 100 Grand

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Airman520   E-mail Airman520   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
There is a slightly different version on
http://www.lolitron.org/2006/04/02/luscious-lickable-lolis/
That has extra text including "young feminine gymnists who are eagerly busting their fresh asses to make every American proud". It also has a supposed response from Breyers near the bottom of the page claiming its indeed a fake.

Posts: 11 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SchmooPie
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SchmooPie   E-mail SchmooPie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It's not real. The 2 main clues (besides it being disgusting) are;
1- the use of non-American spellings in what is supposed to be an American ad. 'flavour' instead of flavor and 'sherbert' instead of sherbet.

2- The names of the 2 gymnasts are not affiliated with American gymnastics at all.

--------------------
"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you."
- C. G. Jung

Posts: 243 | From: Marina del Rey, CA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jimmy Jive
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jimmy Jive   E-mail Jimmy Jive   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Pretty messed up that the default icon is the "haha" face one...

--------------------
Like Johnny says, I walk the line...

Posts: 87 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rehcsif
We Three Blings

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Rehcsif   E-mail Rehcsif   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
PEOPLE -- use the NSFW tag where approriate PLEASE!

-Tim

Posts: 1039 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Temple
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Temple     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm so relieved that I'm merely offended instead of disgusted.

And for the Active Topic readers, I'll repeat what Tim said: NSFW!

--------------------
"Well, it looks we're on our own ... again."--Rev. Lovejoy

Posts: 3572 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SuperGoten
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SuperGoten   E-mail SuperGoten   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank god that's fake.

And those people on that lolitron site have some sick minds. those are the people to watch out for on the net. [Eek!]

Posts: 60 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TuFurg
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TuFurg   E-mail TuFurg   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
No offense, but did anyone really think it was real? If so, that's [lol] [lol] [lol]
Posts: 687 | From: Grand Rapids, Michigan | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
invisigoth
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 302 posted      Profile for invisigoth   E-mail invisigoth   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
not for a second:)
the dead give away was the use of sherbert instead of sherbet, which is a pet peeve of mine. i yell at my husband all the time for adding the extra r.

(bert and ernie are watching tv, bert asks if ernie wants some ice cream, he goes sherbert!haha. not very funny but still reminded me of that joke.)

Posts: 46 | From: DeLand, FL | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Malruhn
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malruhn   E-mail Malruhn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
After some googling, I found this:

Molly Givens That has to be the same girl.

I wasn't able to find Betta Sanders in anything other than this pic. Hmmmm.

--------------------
Opinions aren't excuses to remain ignorant about subjects, nor are they excuses to never examine one's beliefs & prejudices...

Babies are like tattoos. You see other peoples' & they're cool, but yours is never as good & you can't get rid of it.

Posts: 5622 | From: Jax, Florida | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TuFurg
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TuFurg   E-mail TuFurg   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Looks certainly are similar but I wouldn't say it has to be her.

Really weird that the model's real name would be stuck in there. Perhaps the maker of the ad picked up the photo from a site with her pics and didn't think to use a bit of discretion. Then again with both girls in the photo not sure what the chances of that are.

Posts: 687 | From: Grand Rapids, Michigan | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I wouldn't exactly expect discretion from whoever made this ad.

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TuFurg
The First USA Noel

quote:
Originally posted by candiru from strangers:

Agreed- I'd expect a little bit though. Probably too much to ask.

FWIW I emailed Advantage Modeling to see if they could shed any light on it. I'll post back if they respond.

TuFurg
The First USA Noel

quote:
Originally posted by TuFurg:
quote:
Originally posted by candiru from strangers:

Agreed- I'd expect a little bit though. Probably too much to ask.

FWIW I emailed Advantage Modeling to see if they could shed any light on it. I'll post back if they respond.

ETA: They responded wanting me to send the photo. I sent a link instead- felt icky enough just doing that. [Eek!]

EATA: According to Advantage- "Although the ad says Molly Givens, gymnast, which it may well be. It is not the same girl that is on the agency site."

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages