snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Spook Central » Jim Morrison's Ghost

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jim Morrison's Ghost
SmirkDirk
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 210 posted      Profile for SmirkDirk     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
He broke on through to the other side! He's a rider on the storms of the netherworld! So I guess it wasn't the end, my friend! Father, I want to kill you. Mother, ummm, can you take my picture?

The Lizard King

Posts: 44 | From: Charlotte, NC | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
hoitoider
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 82 posted      Profile for hoitoider   E-mail hoitoider   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Tom Petty?

Light My Chow (I think - links are dead)

--------------------
No man has a right in America to treat any other man "tolerantly" for tolerance is the assumption of superiority. -Wendell L. Willkie

Posts: 3833 | From: Virginia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dutch Angua
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dutch Angua   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
*Chuckle* My dad accidentally made a 'ghost' picture on that very same cemetary (Père La Chaise) a couple of years ago. Smoking whilst making a picture gives nice effects!

As for the picture...not very convincing to me.

ETA: Here's our picture

--------------------
Dude, where's my siggy?

Posts: 276 | From: Holland | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lady Moon
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moon   E-mail Lady Moon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
WHEEE!!! "Dead Famous: Ghostly Encounters"! My 13 year old and I LOVE that show!

She thinks they're absolutely real. I think Chris is a very good actor.

--------------------
"We've got a fifth member of the band round here, and he's DEFINITELY out of tune!" -- Keith Moon

"If I had a thousand quid for every time I've introduced this song --- oh, I do!" -- John Entwistle

Posts: 584 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lady Moon
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moon   E-mail Lady Moon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
hehe -- elminating a double post. geez.

--------------------
"We've got a fifth member of the band round here, and he's DEFINITELY out of tune!" -- Keith Moon

"If I had a thousand quid for every time I've introduced this song --- oh, I do!" -- John Entwistle

Posts: 584 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Phil'sGirl
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 22 posted      Profile for Phil'sGirl     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
First it starts with two pictures of Morrison, whoever he is, then some sort of album cover, or something, on the table has a picture of him.

If you don't see him in the graveyard photo, it only means you're not very suggestible.

--------------------
"Nobody ever looks like McCarthy, sir. That's how they get in the door in the first place" Toby on The West Wing

Posts: 816 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LOADEDGOAT
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LOADEDGOAT   Author's Homepage   E-mail LOADEDGOAT   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Phil'sGirl, hoping for sun:
First it starts with two pictures of Morrison, whoever he is, then some sort of album cover, or something, on the table has a picture of him.

If you don't see him in the graveyard photo, it only means you're not very suggestible.

Gah...please tell me you're kidding about "whoever he is"? Am I really THAT old?

--------------------
~So, yesterday, I got over heated working on the truck, stung by a red wasp and bitten by a tick....just damn..*sigh*~My Friend Boomer's bad day

Posts: 51 | From: Boondocks, Georgia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Coal Glow Kidd
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 102 posted      Profile for Coal Glow Kidd   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SmirkDirk:
He broke on through to the other side! He's a rider on the storms of the netherworld! So I guess it wasn't the end, my friend! Father, I want to kill you. Mother, ummm, can you take my picture?

The Lizard King

A very famous American alternate news radio host, Art Bell says this song paralleled O.B.L. in 2001. During the first Gulf War in 1990 and 1991 I always thought it paralleled S.H. We gave that man a ride. We gave both a ride.

The 1st Gulf War was named Operation Desert Storm, and if millions thought this song was connected it's never discussed in alternate news.

Snopes takes interest in a topic called Hidden Messages in Music. I think they are looking for messages hidden on purpose. Not by coincidental synchronisity.

"Riders On The Storm" from 1971 by The Doors' album L.A. Woman.

Riders on the storm
Riders on the storm
Into this house we’re born
Into this World we’re thrown
Like a dog without a bone
An actor out on loan * S.H.'s doubles? Most lyrics sites say, "alone" so listen very closely. [Wink]
Riders on the storm

There’s a killer on the road * Improvised Explosive Devices? Car bombs?
His brain is squirmin’ like a toad * A perfect description of a terrorist's brain.
Take a long holiday * American citizens.
Let your children play
If ya give this man a ride * S.H.
Sweet memory will die
Killer on the road, yeah * I. E. D.s? mentioned a 2nd time.

Girl ya gotta love your man * A soldier's wife or girlfriend.
Girl ya gotta love your man

Take him by the hand
Make him understand
The World on you depends
Our life will never end
Gotta love your man, yeah

Riders on the storm
Riders on the storm
Into this house we’re born
Into this World we’re thrown
Like a dog without a bone
An actor out alone *S.H. was alone when caught!
Riders on the storm

Riders on the storm
Riders on the storm
Riders on the storm
Riders on the storm
Riders on the storm

A dictator is a bad actor that too many believe.
I hear this song nearly every night on the road listening to Classic Rock radio. I used initials for the Islamic jihadist's names. ECHELON is reading the important names we print out.

CGK [Wink]

PS Is Jim Morrison a cowboy in Montana? That story has been on alternate news a little last year, but not this song with the "killer on the road." [Mad]

--------------------
So if you're tired of the same old story,....Oh, turn some pages. REO Speedwagon from Champaign,Urbana, Illinois.

Posts: 73 | From: Evansville, Indiana | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Alyssa098
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alyssa098   E-mail Alyssa098   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Although this should be posted in a stupid stuff you've done thread until I clicked on that link I thought Jim Morrison was black. I just had to share cause I'm never telling anyone IRL... ever.

Tracey

Posts: 66 | From: Walkerton, ON | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LOADEDGOAT
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 302 posted      Profile for LOADEDGOAT   Author's Homepage   E-mail LOADEDGOAT   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alyssa098:
Although this should be posted in a stupid stuff you've done thread until I clicked on that link I thought Jim Morrison was black. I just had to share cause I'm never telling anyone IRL... ever.

Tracey

LOLOLOL Nooooo that's Jimi Hendrix...

--------------------
~So, yesterday, I got over heated working on the truck, stung by a red wasp and bitten by a tick....just damn..*sigh*~My Friend Boomer's bad day

Posts: 51 | From: Boondocks, Georgia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Everyday the paper boy brings more
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday the paper boy brings more   Author's Homepage   E-mail Everyday the paper boy brings more   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
First it starts with two pictures of Morrison, whoever he is...

Oh, jeez... Kids these days.
Posts: 82 | From: Dixon, CA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Here's the picture (since you really can't see it too well in the film):

-

Oh yeah, and Jim Morrison the cowpoke.

We discussed both these topics here, but the ghost photo link no longer works.

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MaidenAthene
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaidenAthene   E-mail MaidenAthene   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It looks like a guy jumping off the steps, maybe even skateboarding. :\ Its suspicious that the guy is off-center, but the 'ghost' is dead on.

--------------------
“We live in a society of victimization, where people are much more comfortable being victimized than actually standing up for themselves.” - Marilyn Manson
"Well, end more, your not ending enough!" - MST3K

Posts: 259 | From: Texas | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LOADEDGOAT
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 607 posted      Profile for LOADEDGOAT   Author's Homepage   E-mail LOADEDGOAT   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TrishDaDish:
[QB] Here's the picture (since you really can't see it too well in the film):

Jim Morrison was a little dude...and the "image" looks bigger to me. Taller and much heavier. But then again, maybe my eyes are wobbling... [Eek!]

--------------------

Phil'sGirl

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phil'sGirl     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LOADEDGOAT:
quote:

Gah...please tell me you're kidding about "whoever he is"? Am I really THAT old?
No, I'm not kidding. You're only 10 years older than me, so I wouldn't say you were that old.

--------------------
"Nobody ever looks like McCarthy, sir. That's how they get in the door in the first place" Toby on The West Wing

Posts: 816 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Phil'sGirl

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phil'sGirl     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Everyday the paper boy brings more:
quote:
First it starts with two pictures of Morrison, whoever he is...

Oh, jeez... Kids these days.
Calm down and take some Geritol, Grandpa.

'Kids', my aunt Tilly.

--------------------

LOADEDGOAT
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LOADEDGOAT   Author's Homepage   E-mail LOADEDGOAT   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I said:

Then you said:

[/qb][/QUOTE]No, I'm not kidding. You're only 10 years older than me, so I wouldn't say you were that old. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Now Me:

I guess not...maybe it's just that I listened to bands like the Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Uriah Heep and Black Sabbath, etc, during my high school years(and in the present in fact)...but...10 years CAN make a difference. The Doors were an excellent band, please try to listen to them and see what you think.

Loaded "Come on Baby Light My Fiyah" Goat

--------------------

candycane from strangers
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I didn't know there were people who didn't know who Jim Morrison was, at least in an offhand way. I can see not having listened to the Doors, but there are so many pictures of him everywhere. There are even shirts with his picture now.

ETA: I'm not mocking anyone who doesn't know who he is, I'm genuinly surprised. And AFA age goes, I'm only 20.

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
skippytoe
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skippytoe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Am I a freak,or would the Doors have been way better without Morrison? No,wait,I'm a freak.

--------------------
In the wheelchair people tower above me
Why doesn't God love me?
-M.C. Evil Jesus

Posts: 158 | From: Queens, NY | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tarquin Farquart
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tarquin Farquart   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by skippytoe:
Am I a freak,or would the Doors have been way better without Morrison? No,wait,I'm a freak.

You'd think so, but the proof that they wouldn't be is the 2 (oh yes) albums they did without him after his death.

--------------------
I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from "Now We Are Six" through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So there!

Posts: 802 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
skippytoe
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skippytoe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Good Point. No, GREAT point. I sit corrected.

--------------------
In the wheelchair people tower above me
Why doesn't God love me?
-M.C. Evil Jesus

Posts: 158 | From: Queens, NY | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Toys for big boys.
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toys for big boys.     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
He's not dead. He's running a dental practice in Coulsdon, Surrey.

--------------------
I am not taking lectures on physics from a man in tights.

Posts: 236 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Andrew of Ware, England
A-Ware in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andrew of Ware, England   Author's Homepage   E-mail Andrew of Ware, England   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
With Elvis as his hygienist?

--------------------
Andrew, Ware, England

Posts: 1709 | From: Ware, England | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Toys for big boys.
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toys for big boys.     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
No, really. There's a dentist in Coulsdon called Jim Morrison. If you exit the M23 and keep follow the road, going past Renault Couldson, you'll see the sign on the left side of the road! I keep meaning to take a picture of it so I can display it on here, but I'm usually asleep when we drive by it. Obviously I'm not driving.

--------------------
I am not taking lectures on physics from a man in tights.

Posts: 236 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah, kids today. Jim Morrison is everywhere...he was a giant poster on the wall in the vampire's lair in Lost Boys...the subject in a funny skit on The Kids In The Hall...

Go on. Rent The Doors. Sure the facts get screwed up in the movie, but it's like a drug trip just watching it.

Trish "And Der Crisper's in it, too [Roll Eyes] " DaDish

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages