snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Entertainment » Cody Matherson

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cody Matherson
JimB
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 05 posted      Profile for JimB   E-mail JimB   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Does anyone know if Cody Matherson, whose album cover for "Can I Borrow A Feeling?" is rated as one of the worst, actually exists?

Iy piqued my curiosity, and I can find no evidence that he actually exists, or any copy of the album anywhere.

I am curious, and would like to contact him if he exists at all.

Thanks,

Jim
Saugus, MA
tebeakesse@comcast.net[/EMAIL]

Posts: 3 | From: Saugus, MA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ParaDiddle
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ParaDiddle   E-mail ParaDiddle       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought that was just a gag on The Simpsons wherein a recently divorced Mr. VanHouten (Millhouse's dad) had a minor hit with a song of that title.

- P

Posts: 1856 | From: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
JimB

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JimB   E-mail JimB   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
While that is true, it could also be that the Simpson's song was lifted from Cody Matherson.
The album looks 70's-ish.

Som which came first, the chicken or the egg, as it were.

Posts: 3 | From: Saugus, MA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zamboni_Rodeo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zamboni_Rodeo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Here's the album cover in question, for those who've never seen it. Honestly, it looks like a Photoshop job to me.

-

(Also, the site I linked from, RateYourMusic, doesn't appear to have a release date for this album, and returns no hits on Amazon.)

--------------------
Where's the challenge in wassailing at Christmas? The place is lousy with wassail!

Posts: 232 | From: Raleigh, NC | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Pikey Snow Queen
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Pikey Snow Queen   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ParaDiddle:
I thought that was just a gag on The Simpsons wherein a recently divorced Mr. VanHouten (Millhouse's dad) had a minor hit with a song of that title.

Yes, you can listen to that wonderful version here.

--------------------
Brosandi. Hendumst í hringi
Höldumst í hendur
Allur heimurinn óskýr
Nema þú stendur

Posts: 694 | From: York, UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've been a record collector for over 10 years and spent many of my teenage years in used record shops. I've personally seen most of the albums in the "worst album cover" lists, but not this one. Most of the albums in these "worst cover" lists were privately pressed with no catalog number (much like if you were to record your own CD) so it's hard to find them in archival lists. But the Cody Matherson cover just looks too fake and no I know has ever seen it; I don't think it actually exists. I can personally attest that most other albums in these "worst cover" lists are real - but I'm pretty sure this one is a 'shop job.

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TheLazenby
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheLazenby   Author's Homepage   E-mail TheLazenby   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You've seen most of 'em, huh? I want a copy of "Joyce"... :-)

--------------------
Rest in Peace, Charles Rocket 1949-2005

"On behalf of Gail Matthius and the entire Weekend Update news team, I'm Charles Rocket. Good night, and... watch out."

Posts: 140 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
JimB

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JimB   E-mail JimB   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thansk for all the feedback, guys. Based on you comments, and my own investigation, I'd have to concus that Cody MAtherson does NOT exisit, and the album is a fabrication.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages