snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Entertainment » Liz Taylor eyes (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Liz Taylor eyes
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 08 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I was wondering if you can determine whether Elizabeth Taylor really has
violet eyes. I've heard she does but have never seen her eyes up close.
From the pictures I've seen they appear blue or dark blue at best. Is it
possible for a person to have true violet colored eyes?

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Repairman Jack
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Repairman Jack   Author's Homepage   E-mail Repairman Jack   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I cannot give you a date but last year in the science section of the NY Times, they had a bit about whether peoples eyes could really change hues from emotion or clothing choices...and they found that in a few cases it was true.

Perhaps it is just the Technicolor or something but when she played Cleopatra they DID look violet...perhaps hers shift as well....

Just a thought..

Jack

Posts: 59 | From: Amarillo, Texas | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
badlydrawnboy
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for badlydrawnboy   Author's Homepage   E-mail badlydrawnboy   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
According to IMDB ( http://imdb.com/name/nm0000072/bio ) she really did. But I don't know how reliable that could be.
Posts: 25 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lady Moon
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moon   E-mail Lady Moon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
She really does have violet eyes. In "National Velvet" there are plenty of closeups of her and they are quite prominent.

http://www.diamond-legend.info/people/taylor.html

There is a pretty good picture of her eyes. Small, but clear.

--------------------
"We've got a fifth member of the band round here, and he's DEFINITELY out of tune!" -- Keith Moon

"If I had a thousand quid for every time I've introduced this song --- oh, I do!" -- John Entwistle

Posts: 584 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lady Moon
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moon   E-mail Lady Moon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
http://andradea.tripod.com/cleopatra2.JPG

Clearer, larger picture of her eyes. They've been described as 'violet-blue'.

I think they're gorgeous.

--------------------
"We've got a fifth member of the band round here, and he's DEFINITELY out of tune!" -- Keith Moon

"If I had a thousand quid for every time I've introduced this song --- oh, I do!" -- John Entwistle

Posts: 584 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
posted by Repairman Jack
I cannot give you a date but last year in the science section of the NY Times, they had a bit about whether peoples eyes could really change hues from emotion or clothing choices...and they found that in a few cases it was true.

My eyes are kind of bluey-greeney, but when I'm outside on a rainy day I often have people tell me they look grey. Also if I wear blue or green eyeshadow it makes my eyes look more of the other color (blue eyeshadow makes them look green, green makes them look blue). My mom is the same way.

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ravensbane
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ravensbane         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I saw many Elizabeth Taylor in many color films in the days before they produced contact lenses that could be used to alter natural eye color. Taylor's eyes were definitely violet back in the day.

BTW, my eyes were quite brown when I was growing up.

Now (in my mid-fifties) my eyes are green with tiny flecks of hazel (greenish-brown). Believe me: eye color in in my case did change.

--------------------
"Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives."
Dr. Charles Fisher, psychoanalyst and sleep researcher.

Posts: 671 | From: Los Angeles, California | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
christmas tree kitapper
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for christmas tree kitapper     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My eyes were blue grey when I was younger. Now they are grey and sometimes have yellow flecks in them.

--------------------
"I have never in my life been more disappointed by a politician I voted for than I have been with George Bush. He is a total liberal."- overheard by me on the shuttle to the U of A game on Nov. 11th.

Posts: 3878 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I love Elizabeth Taylor's eyes. I'd be disappointed if they weren't real.

My eyes are blue and they change from blue to blue-green, green or green-blue depending on what I'm wearing (clothing and/or make-up). On a "normal" day, they're blue with green flecks near the pupil.

My mother's eyes are grey. She says they were blue when she was younger, but in her 20s she worked at a factory where she soldered (sp?) TV parts. She said the smoke from soldering iron ruined the color. Anyone else ever hear of that?

Frog-my dad has green eyes-Feathers

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mosherette
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mosherette     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
They seem quite purplish in this picture:

http://www.cosmomovieawards.com/actors/images/elizabethtaylor.jpg

And distinctly green in this one:

http://www.doctormacro.com/Images/Taylor,%20Elizabeth/Annex/Annex%20-%20Taylor,%20Elizabeth_01.jpg

--------------------
Silence should never under any circumstances be construed as agreement. A lot of the time, it's simply a reflection that someone just said something so stupid that no response could possibly do it justice. - Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 8528 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Tea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Tea   E-mail Jay Tea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I went out with a woman who had violet eyes, the intensity of the colour varied according to the light conditions. It's not a common gene but it does occur.

--------------------
This is where I come up with something right? Something really clever...

Posts: 6552 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
christmas tree kitapper
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for christmas tree kitapper     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jay Tea:
I went out with a woman who had violet eyes, the intensity of the colour varied according to the light conditions. It's not a common gene but it does occur.

My mother's eyes looked violet most of the time. So did a girl I played with in elementary school. I was very envious of her eye color.

--------------------
"I have never in my life been more disappointed by a politician I voted for than I have been with George Bush. He is a total liberal."- overheard by me on the shuttle to the U of A game on Nov. 11th.

Posts: 3878 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Vinnichanka
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vinnichanka   Author's Homepage   E-mail Vinnichanka   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I haven't met anyone with violet eyes, but make-up, lighting and film tint do impact eye color.
My eyes are sort of blue-green color with a yellow ring around my pupil. My mom has the same thing, the yellow part gets more prominent when she's upset. I wonder if she might meow and pounce.

--------------------
Ladies and gentlemen, chlorinate your gene pools!

Posts: 250 | From: Brooklyn, New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zorro
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zorro     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My eyes are blue-green, and depending upon my mood, the color I wear (both eye makeup and clothing), they will be olive green, slate blue, or just plain grey...or anything in between. They've always done that, since I was a kid.

--------------------
"Seize the day! Make your lives extraordinary!"
-John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"

Posts: 2861 | From: New Jersey | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sullen Moon
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sullen Moon   Author's Homepage   E-mail Sullen Moon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Adding to the emotion color-change theory:

My eyes are a pretty average shade of green most of the time and can look a little more vibrant if I'm wearing green clothing. But what's really freaky is when I cry they turn REALLY bright green with a dark green ring around the edge. I wish I didn't have to cry to get them to look like that!

--------------------
***sig line edited for content***

Posts: 249 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Vinnichanka
Deck the Malls

Icon 99 posted      Profile for Vinnichanka   Author's Homepage   E-mail Vinnichanka   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sullen Moon:

My eyes are a pretty average shade of green most of the time and can look a little more vibrant if I'm wearing green clothing. But what's really freaky is when I cry they turn REALLY bright green with a dark green ring around the edge. I wish I didn't have to cry to get them to look like that!

Mine do that too! the color is beautiful, but it comes with a price of moisture and red eyelids. And here I thought I was the only one...eleventyeleven!!11!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Ladies and gentlemen, chlorinate your gene pools!

Posts: 250 | From: Brooklyn, New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush
O Come Let Us Adore Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My eyes are a medium-light brown, but turn a deep gold (the best comparison I can make is a brand new penny or the color of Captain Morgan's Gold (I have a bottle on my desk)) when I get REALLY REALLY angry. When my friends see my eyes that color, they know to stay the NFBSK away.
I'll see if I can't post a pic of my eye color. That might be an interesting deviation- pics of your eye color!

ETA: The Eyes Have It (close up of my eyes, if you want to see what they look like normally)

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."
Blog Just call me Mickey 2

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
momto4+
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momto4+     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My eyes are hazel most of the time. But, when I am angry or really excited they are green, when I am sick or sad they are grey and when I am "in the mood" they are blue. My eye doctor said that very few people have mood eyes but,it does happen.

--------------------
A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wits and add drama to an otherwise dull day! -Calvin and Hobbes

Posts: 251 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Phaedra
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phaedra   E-mail Phaedra   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My eyes are green with a distinct hazel ring round the pupil that gets smaller when I'm upset and disappears altogether when I'm very angry...but I guess that's because my pupils might be more dilated than usual as a primitive mechanism to prepare for a fight when I'm angry.
Posts: 589 | From: Oxfordshire, UK | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sullen Moon
Deck the Malls

Icon 99 posted      Profile for Sullen Moon   Author's Homepage   E-mail Sullen Moon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vinnichanka:
quote:

Mine do that too! the color is beautiful, but it comes with a price of moisture and red eyelids. And here I thought I was the only one...eleventyeleven!!11!!! [Big Grin]
Yay for us!!! [Big Grin]

I wonder if they look more green because of the redness... but that still doesn't explain the dark circle... Oh well.

--------------------
***sig line edited for content***

Posts: 249 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ThistleSoftware
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThistleSoftware     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I always thought the dark circle had something to do with how tired your eyes are.

--------------------
Officially Heartless

Posts: 3065 | From: The Montgomery County of the West Coast- Berkeley, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ThistleS:
I always thought the dark circle had something to do with how tired your eyes are.

I don't think so. If that were the case, I'd have been exhausted for the last 39 years: I have (very) pale blue eyes with dark gray rims around the irises, always have. Julia Kitten is the same, only hers aren't as pale as mine.

Four Kitties

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mouse goddess
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mouse goddess   E-mail mouse goddess   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mosherette:
I could be very wrong, but I think that the first pic you posted was re-colorized. I seem to remember the dress being a pale green in the original.

Again, from fuzzy memory, I remember an article about Liz saying that her eyes were dark blue, that they just appeared violet with the lighting of the early Technicolor films. If you've seen any of the "behind-the scenes" docs about..say Gone With the Wind, and they show how the costumes looked under normal lights, and how they ended up looking on film, sometimes the colors were wildly different.

Along the same lines: I'd posted this one ages ago. Does anyone know what color Marilyn Monroe's eyes were?? Most sources say blue, but the pics of her that have appeared in Playboy recently (Once this past year, once about 4 years ago) they looked very brown.
(Specifically the one of her nude looking from behind a sheer scarf.)

--------------------
"this could increase your brain power, or it could kill you..." "Increase my killing power, ehh???"

Posts: 1153 | From: Houston, TX | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Autumn Neko
The Seahorse Whisperer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Autumn Neko   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I wonder if they look more green because of the redness... but that still doesn't explain the dark circle... Oh well.

My eyes do the same thing, but they're normally grey-ish blue, and when I'm upset they turn a brilliant bright blue with a dark ring around them. I've always assumed it's some kind of optical illusion (but I wish I could keep that bright blue all the time!). Dark make-up just isn't the same [Frown]

--------------------
"...and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does."
~~Groucho Marx~~

Posts: 392 | From: Virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush
O Come Let Us Adore Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The green getting more vibrant...

In art, green and red are contrast colors. The more red in a painting, the more vibrant greens will be. So yes, the red eyes has something to do with how vibrant your eyes are.

I had a friend in high school whose eyes were a REALLY bright green without crying. A darker shade of that old soda called Surge, if anyone remembers that drink!

ETA: Looking around the room I'm in now...they were about the darker shade of green on a Mountain Dew can...

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."
Blog Just call me Mickey 2

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Magdalene
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Magdalene   E-mail Magdalene   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
::raises hand:: Yet another 'eye-color-changer' here. Officially, they're blue. However, if I wear pinks or reds, they'll turn green. Blacks and grays, they turn gray.

And to bring Liz Taylor back into this, when I was little, one of the neighbors told my mom that I was going to be the next Elizabeth Taylor when I grew up. My mom asked why, and the neighbor said, "Those lovely violet eyes? Who else in the world has them?" So this neighbor at some point happened to glance at my eyes when they looked violet. (Which they've done on *very* rare occasion, and there's no consistency as to what will cause that.)

Magdalene

--------------------
"Don't mess with me. I dance with swords."

Posts: 1656 | From: Colorado | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kabouter
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kabouter   Author's Homepage   E-mail Kabouter   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hopping on,
Mine are grey, sometimes darkening to blue.
My aunt's (not related by blood) are hazel, with rings of purple and orange on the inside and outside of the iris. They will noticibly change size and intensity with what she's wearing; she'll put on a jacket, and you can watch them change in about 30sec.

--------------------
"You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

Posts: 200 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BlushingBride
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlushingBride     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
To this day, I'm not sure what color my eyes are. Three people looking at my eyes at exactly the same time will announce three different colors--gray, blue, and green. Yes, this has actually happened. They're kind of a pale color, but, as I'm very fair, it looks okay.

DH2B has the most beautiful eyes in the world. By the pupil, they're a dark brown, which fades to a light brown, which fades to green, which fades to pale blue, all of which is surrounded by a ring of very dark blue. He has rainbow eyes. I hope all of our future children have them.

--------------------
"In perfume, as in underwear, the scantiest of applications provides the greatest of returns." -Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 858 | From: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ThistleSoftware
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThistleSoftware     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Four Kitties:
quote:
Originally posted by ThistleS:

I don't think so. If that were the case, I'd have been exhausted for the last 39 years: I have (very) pale blue eyes with dark gray rims around the irises, always have. Julia Kitten is the same, only hers aren't as pale as mine.

Four Kitties

But mightn't a dark circle that was sometimes there and sometimes not have to do with eye fatigue?

--------------------
Officially Heartless

Posts: 3065 | From: The Montgomery County of the West Coast- Berkeley, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dark circles [i]under]/i]the eye can be caused by fatigue, among other things.

My eyes are gray-blue and sometimes take on the color of what I'm wearing, especially dark olive greens and dark purples. DD's eyes are similar.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ThistleSoftware
Little Sales Drummer Boy

I've been trying to google for more info about dark circles around the iris, and I have not come up with anything that indicates that it has to do with fatigue. I'm guessing I misheard or misunderstood something about dark circles under the eye. If anyone knows anything about those gray circles around the iris I would be very interested to learn about them.

--------------------
Officially Heartless

qualli
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for qualli   E-mail qualli   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have what people (meaning, lotr geeks) refer to as "frodo eyes" mostly a really shiny plugged-in-the-socket blue. My hair color effects my eyes as well. When I'm pink, they're bright blue, when I'm brown or blonde they're grey, Green hair makes them an icy blue/green

Occasionaly I can "trick" my eyes into changing color. Cry for five minutes in the morning and I'll have grey eyes all day. Get lots of sleep and drink a lot of orange juice, bright blue.

--------------------
"I still say Obi-wan Kenobi was The Force's bitch."

Posts: 820 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?
Carol of the Dells

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have eyes that change colors, similar to what others here have mentioned, however, one is blue, and they other is grey. In photos, they nearly always show up this incredible blue that my eyes never actually seem to turn to in real life, and, occasionally, they look violetish, but they are always a shade off: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/sugarpinkkisses/manyeyecolors.jpg (wallpaper I just made with a sampling of these colors)

But I have something none of you have. I've got a patch of brown in my left eye so nya [Razz]
 -

--------------------
"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, EVIL stuff... and I want in."- Homer Simpson

Posts: 2161 | From: Delaware | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That's cool. Is it a hereditary thing? One parent's eyes blue, the other's brown? My mother has blonde eyelashes on one eye and brown on the other.

As I mentioned, my mother's eyes are a grey-blue and my dad's are green.

My eyes in goth make-up; this is my signature pic on the message boards where I admin/moderate. My eyes in my regular day-to-day make-up.

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?
Carol of the Dells

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Frog_Feathers:
That's cool. Is it a hereditary thing? One parent's eyes blue, the other's brown? My mother has blonde eyelashes on one eye and brown on the other.

As I mentioned, my mother's eyes are a grey-blue and my dad's are green.

My eyes in goth make-up; this is my signature pic on the message boards where I admin/moderate. My eyes in my regular day-to-day make-up.

It's a mutation of a regular gene. Alexander the Great had a dark brown one, but the mutation is incredibly rare. Having two different color eyes (again, the flash turns them both that weird blue, so it's hard to photograph) is also incredibly rare. So, having both of these things, I've got some of the rarest eyes in the world [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, EVIL stuff... and I want in."- Homer Simpson

Posts: 2161 | From: Delaware | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages