snopes.com
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Horrors » Ted's Caving Page

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ted's Caving Page
KTC
Sebring-a-Ding-a-Ding

Icon 208 posted      Profile for KTC     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Has anyone read this before or know of the origins?

Ted's Caving Page, with the story of his discovery in a local cave.

http://teknofire.net/~magedragon/cavestory.htm

Posts: 2 | From: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mommytutu
Sunday Floody Sunday

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mommytutu   E-mail Mommytutu   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Pretty creepy. I hate tight places anyways. This really helped. [Roll Eyes] I doubt that I'll find anything but I'm looking for more info on it now.

Okay, I found a discussion board about it. No for sure answers though. Here's the link.

Posts: 59 | From: Nampa, ID | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Astra
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 87 posted      Profile for Astra     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
It's come up here several times before, as a quick search of the archives will prove.

Click here for one of the threads on it. The thing's been floating around the net for ages, it's nothing more than a creative short story.

--------------------
This has been yet another... USELESS POST.

Posts: 6105 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
defaultcrush
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for defaultcrush   Author's Homepage   E-mail defaultcrush   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Ahh, memories. I started my very first thread on this same topic so many years ago. I tried to find it but I think it's been archived now. *sniff*

--------------------
Kaylee Frye: Been more'n a year since I had anything twixt my nethers didn't run on batteries!
-Serenity

Posts: 503 | From: Utah | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Page Three
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Page Three     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I liked it -- pretty much too good to be true though, or at least too well-written. No idea exactly the conclusion of the very first snopes thread on this was, so at the risk of repeating something already said: googling this came up with several people mentioning that it's based on a short story called "The Fear of Darkness", by a Thomas Lera. Apparently a pdf of it was floating around, then it was on archive.org, from where it has now disappeared as well. I'll keep looking though.

I did half expect them to yell "XYZZY!" into the entrance, and a hollow voice whispering "fool" back... [Big Grin]

Page "Colossal Hoax Adventure" Three

EDIT: Woohoo! Found the original story. Or at least I hope this link works -- should be a PDF: The Fear Of Darkness

Posts: 315 | From: Berlin, Germany | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
KTC
Sebring-a-Ding-a-Ding

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KTC     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Thanks for the replies... I did end up not being as lazy as I was when I posted this and did a bit of googling myself with the same results. I do apologize for not searching the archives before posting... I'm new to this and didn't realize that was possible... whoops.

However, if anyone does come up with the original pdf or info regarding the pictures in the story, I'd like to see links!

Posts: 2 | From: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by KTC:
However, if anyone does come up with the original pdf or info regarding the pictures in the story, I'd like to see links!

The post right above yours has the link to the pdf.

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages